No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a ride yesterday on the GS850G to see a friend who collects the old Brit bikes. 4 Nortons, 1 Matchless and a Triumph. Brings back back memories of my youth when I owned Nortons and Triumphs.
    Only have one pic that came out good of his bikes, here's of one of the Norton P-11 750cc Scrambler. Who would of thought that 50 years later this is the look that seems to be a popular fad now.

Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

That Norton is beautiful.
      It would take a lot of nerve to go out bombing around in the desert on something that big.
      A buddy has a Ranger, the later street version of the Scrambler.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ride this afternoon to meet son (no pics).

Another ride this evening.
        Some of my old habits:

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

No pictures, sorry.
          Forum member GBW, aka Greg White, rode over from the Nashville area today for a visit. We went for a ride of about 70 miles through some very pretty Eastern Tennessee county, and then stopped for a really good lunch. It was a very good day.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey Dave, it's nice seing your GK out of hibernation.

Earlier today I took the 850 around the Sandia Mountains through Golden and Madrid on up into Santa Fe then back home on I- 25. What a fantastic bike. Lunch in Santa Fe wasn't as tasty, I'm sure, as that hot dog on a stick you've got there!

Cheers!
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

What a phenomenal weekend!

Easter Sunday ride! Shan isn't to keen to riding the new XG but I am!!

I rode around for a fair chunk, life is good!!!!

Oh Shan and i are putting an offer down on a house too! We submit our contract, deposit and approval letter this AM!

We also are very excited for that!:

Needs a little work, but it's nothing I'm not afraid to tackle! The cost is crazy low for the area. It's located about 5 minute ride south of Lake Dunmore.

Very blessed... Very very good weekend!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Justin, good luck with the house. Looks nice. I Love those pine floors. We restored the original floors like that in our old house. I loved the look. Do I see aproper garage?
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Justin, good luck with the house. Looks nice. I Love those pine floors. We restored the original floors like that in our old house. I loved the look. Do I see a proper garage?
                  Yes sir! It's actually a SHOP! So I can wheel bikes in and out of pretty easily.
                  The outside trim needs some work, it's Vinyl sided. Roof is getting there so we will need to install one of those sooner vs later. Plan to run tin.
                  I have absolutely NO carpentry skills so I have a good friend that's going to help bring me up to speed in that department.
                  It's a gorgeous house we could likely get for cheap.
                  Thanks Glen!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Good luck with the house J. Looks like everything you wanted and then some. Nice property!

Comment

Ha, I had no skills when we bought our first house. Like working on an old GS, you eventually learn, occasionally the hard way, but still learn. 17 years later, ive done just about everything except roofing, windows and tile work. Cool on the shop!
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Very nice house Jed!
                        As a renovation contractor, I can see some of the work to be done, and also the improvements that have been done.
                        Too much grass to cut for my weekend bliss…meh!
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          Very nice house Jed!
                          As a renovation contractor, I can see some of the work to be done, and also the improvements that have been done.
                          Too much grass to cut for my weekend bliss…meh!
                          I Know... I should just pave the yard. LOLOL
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Nice house Justin. Hope it works out. Then I'll just stay there instead of at Dunmore next time.
                            BTW, you wouldn't last 10 minutes on that little pillion seat on the Harley. Give your pretty fiance a break! Use the Connie for 2 up.

Comment

We tried it... It's not a good two up bike for either one of us.

Always welcome here Steve! Regardless where we end up living.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Good luck on the house. Trade in the connie and get Shan a street rod, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X