Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
    Corbin on a gs? I'd like to see this sir
    It's nothing fancy but still in great shape. The PO said he put it on in the late 80's.

The back rest has square shaft that pokes through the seat and a hex head screw holds it in place.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Sure sound like could be some intrtesting places.
    And, given your locations, could be some intersting roads.

There were some interesting sights on that route for sure. A motel in Mountainair built in the 1920's, which I've posted pics of in the past, and some burned and collapsed buildings from that era as well. My wife said it reminded her of the new cartoon movie Sing which had a collapsed theater. An almost identical scene in fact. The neat part was riding along side the train in between Mountainair and Rio Communities. The tracks and road are sort of parallel and we raced to the crossing, jumped over the flat empty train cars all Dukes Of Hazzard style, and landed on the other side safely. Just kidding, we waited at the crossing a long time and I dreamed about it though, hahaha.

Here's the route we took, except not up I-25 but Hwy 47 instead.

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

We had a "South Texas Biker Bash" this weekend. A 3 day event. A lawyer friend and I went yesterday morning. Not many people there. As we were leaving around noon, several groups were coming in. I forgot that many Harley riders are probably still hung over in the morning, and that's why there weren't more when we got there. I think I was the only inline 4. Next year, I don't think I'll go till noon myself.

I didn't realize they still made Royal Enfields. In India, this time. These ran about 6 grand. I'm thinking I could find something more stylish and dependable for that amount of money.

Last edited by Deuce; 04-23-2017, 06:19 PM.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
      Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Yeah man, its like meditation for me.. lots of people cant stand the aggressiveness of metal but for me it keeps me from exploding. Like pulles the anger and stress right out of me. Ive always been big on megadeth, dave mustaine is a lyrical genius, not to mention is extremely complex and aggressive riffs..
        I get head bangin' to Halford live (among others in my car.) Getting old and giving myself cricks when I bang too hard.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Sure sound like could be some intrtesting places.
          And, given your locations, could be some intersting roads.

Yeehaw is nothing but a little hole in the wall wing place and wild chickens haha. Nice ride out there though as most of that area of sr 60 is fresh paved with a quite a few long sweeping turns. Very low traffic, and no police officers.. usally. Haha so i took the opportunity to find out just how fast the old #grandpascrotchrocket really was
          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            I get head bangin' to Halford live (among others in my car.) Getting old and giving myself cricks when I bang too hard.
            It's funny you mention Halford, I had my Pandora on Judas Priest radio most of that ride yesterday.
            I really like his song Silent screams
            I build Pipers

Comment

Just took the 1000g on a quick 70ish mile run from vero to yeehaw junction and back,
              Is that little dive bar still at the intersection of 60 in Yeehaw?
              Use to be a stop and turn around on our speed runs from Holopaw. Born and raised in Melbourne.
              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
              2000 Kawasaki Concours
              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
                Is that little dive bar still at the intersection of 60 in Yeehaw?
                Use to be a stop and turn around on our speed runs from Holopaw. Born and raised in Melbourne.
                Sure as heck is haha
                I build Pipers

Comment

Still need to work on the Chicken Strips, on my Harley:

200 miles on the kids today...

170ish miles on the Harley... Trying to make it as comfy as possible. I think raising the seat 2" helped HUGE

Did break the TUX out too!

Finally a gorgeous ride!!!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Just over 40 miles today for Charmayne's longest ride so far and we had a great time.

I then took Cheyenne out for about 30 miles to give her some riding time but no pictures
                    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 04-23-2017, 09:14 PM.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Just over 40 miles today for Charmayne's longest ride so far and we had a great time.

I then took Cheyenne out for about 30 miles to give her some riding time but no pictures
                      It's so much more green your way!!!

Still nothing but buds around here.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        Good. GReat. Do keep us updated.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Out for a Sunday afternoon ride.

Went by a friends house and saw he had is GTO out.

Is a 66.
                          He got it as his first car at age 18 in 1969, and has it it since.

Put a larger engine in it in the 70s. And repainted it in the 90s.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Mmmm..... tri power... tasty.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Good year...when I was born!

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                                Good year...when I was born!

Ed
                                Kids............now go get a towel and dry behind your ears.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X