No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, I went with the SFRC on their Spring Opener, about 70 bikes and 240 miles. I rode my GPz because it needed to be ridden. I didn't take many photos, here's a few of the bikes

Perhaps the only clean FZR 400 outside of a museum- I can't remember when I last saw one that wasn't thrashed

This guy broke his throttle cable and rigged this up so he could finish, using the vice grips as a paddle throttle

The view at the afterparty
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Sig line mentions 80 850GL.
      But I am thinking that is a 78 or 79 850G.
      Although usally owners of a 78 or 79 will have picture show otherside just annoy all of us that miss our kickstarters.

It's a 79 (mostly )

Here's your kick-stand-jealousy-pic. Just like you requested.

Comment

Great Day for it!

I put about 110 miles on the GS 550!

And about 40 on the Bandit.

Pretty beat cause I did about 4 hours of yard work before I went for the ride...
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Both bikes look beautiful.
          It is nice to have choices also.

BTW, thanks for the nice sized pic's. I hate tiny pic's of bikes myself.

Eric

Comment

Rode to work today and on the way home out of the corner of my eye, I spot at GS in a parking lot with the owner sitting beside it drinking a pop. So of course I turned around and as I approached him he started to grin at me, then asked me if I was Trevor? Turns out it was Gearhead13 (Richard). Never met face to face before. Sat and shot the sh*t for 45 min. Nice bike he has and he has done all the work on it. Told me the engine has been out and apart every winter that he has owned it. While we were there a guy pulled up in an old Mercedes and asked us in a good humour voice if "we were ready to step up to an 1100" lol. Turns out he has a 82 GS1100 that he has owned for 20 years and done lots of cool things to it and might be ready to sell. He is gonna send some pic to me. I will keep you guys posted. The people you meet on a GS eh?

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              ... While we were there a guy pulled up in an old Mercedes and asked us in a good humour voice if "we were ready to step up to an 1100" lol.
              Turns out he has a 82 GS1100 that he has owned for 20 years and done lots of cool things to it and might be ready to sell. He is gonna send some pic to me. I will keep you guys posted.
              The people you meet on a GS eh?
              Trevor, you KNOW that you want to.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Trevor, you KNOW that you want to.

Eric
                Yeah Eric you and I might know that but I don;t think my wife does. Remember, I bought my 750 in Sept. after 25 years between bikes and then I bought the project/parts bike in Jan. A 3rd bike in less than 9 months might be a tough sale!
                No signature

Comment

I thought that you still had that HUGE/Empty garage?

Eric

Comment

I thought that you still had that HUGE/Empty garage?

Eric
                    Well the wife bought a new to her Acura and we still have her old one and then my Mazda my boy's quad and assorted toys etc. etc. it is getting full so if I'm going to pull the trigger it will have to be soon.
                    No signature

Comment

If she has two Acura's, you get to have 8 Suzuki's.
                      That is the law!!!

Eric

Comment

If she has two Acura's, you get to have 8 Suzuki's.
                        That is the law!!!

Eric

True story. I always tell my friends ... "Don't think of it as a one-car garage. Think of it as a 4 motorcycle garage."

Comment

See Trevor, EVERYONE knows except for your wife!
                          Get on it!!!

Eric

Comment

Went for a ride to visit.....

Went for a ride to visit a friend in the hospital, floor 7 station wasn't impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                              Went for a ride to visit a friend in the hospital, floor 7 station wasn't impressed.

WTG!!!!!
                              That is something that I MOST CERTAINLY would do also.

Eric

Comment

Went out for a ride to Sooke with new riding buddie Sean. He has great taste in his choice of bikes

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X