anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
    How is the road course there? Have they kept it up? It was pretty ratty a few years ago. The drag strip is in a LOT better shape. The owners had the track on the market for a couple years, then decided to fix it up a bit. I am only about 8 miles away....

Happy Birthday!
    Thanks for the wishes. The road course is not too bad, some bumps, seams, hokey bus stop corner with cones, but overall a fun challenging layout.
    They repaved several corners recently, but the track has virtually no run off room if a mistake is made, mainly corners 5-8.
    It feels much more compact than the Ridge, with the Ridge having only .30 length difference PR is 2.24 miles, the Ridge 2.47.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Blasted to work... Parked in the temp MC parking...

Plan to take a ride for my lunch break today!
      Last edited by Jedz123; 06-07-2017, 08:06 AM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        Ha Ha Ha!!! Technically he is correct however the text is true. Didn't have a tripod or anything handy to set the camera on so I improvised .......so sue me. LOL.

by soates50, on Flickr
        Ah !

I will have to keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

It'll be 108 here today, but it looks to be cooling off to under 100 Sunday through Tuesday, so those will be riding days.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Ha Ha Ha!!! Technically he is correct however the text is true. Didn't have a tripod or anything handy to set the camera on so I improvised .......so sue me. LOL.

by soates50, on Flickr
            And as long as doing some editing.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

by soates50, on Flickr
              Using Photoshop to deceive and mislead us ! I'm truly shocked Sandy !
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Heading to an out of town conference for a few days. I decided I wanted my daughter's suitcase. Right size, and is hard. Sorry if pic size is crazy, I'm using the phone to post.
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Daughters inspire fathers to do many things. I wore "Big Bird" band aids.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Haven't ridden since the 3rd. Heading to the Ridge on Sunday.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                      Haven't ridden since the 3rd. Heading to the Ridge on Sunday.
                      Gees Carter, don't be afraid to lean that thing over! Wish I had the nerve.....
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

A couple hours misbehaving along the Niagara Parkway. A nice ride before all the tourists show up.
                        That is the Niagara River in the background about 7 miles down stream from the Falls.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Spoked wheels on a CBx? That's interesting!
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

It's getting cold here, well the start of winter and it's cooling down. 5 C and a bit foggy. pic taken at meeting point at busy little cafe for a long coffee/breakfast in Berwick VIC. I stayed behind the Harleys for the first 20kms then had to overtake them. Too slow in corners and they were wearing sunglasses which fogged up in the er.. fog. If you know what I mean? So they said.
                            There were a couple of meeting/waiting points along the way. I had to overtake them again. hehe.
                            From King Lake down the mountain I went ahead and caught up to a small quick hatch-back turbo, you know one of those low to the ground big exhaust sticking out from bumper. It took a couple kms to find enough straight to get past him. He wasn't a great driver, usually those things are pretty quick.
                            We stopped at St. Andrews pub for lunch. Nice place. Good food. Open fire, which was good for some of the guys. I wasn't cold with all the fairing. A few bikes parked out front. Then we parted and went home. Bike ran great. About 200km ride.

gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                            gs850g 1980
                            Previously owned
                            gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                            gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Going West to Arizona later today. My wife is heading East from Southern CA. and we'll meet in the middle, Seligman, AZ. which is about 400 miles from here. We'll hang out there for a bit then come home. Wish we had a radio to talk on the road between the bike and car, oh well. Should be a nice ride though. She's been gone for two weeks so I'm excited to see her.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                A couple hours misbehaving along the Niagara Parkway. A nice ride before all the tourists show up.
                                That is the Niagara River in the background about 7 miles down stream from the Falls.

A 6-pack of mufflers and wire wheels..I'm so jealous. My dream bike is a 1979-'80 CBX with a sport control kit. I should've never had the opportunity to ride one 1,000 miles when I worked at a Honda dealership. The only bike I would ever consider trading my S for.
                                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                                X