No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i went to a biker event in Oldtown, ID, and ended up doing the drag races. in fact, i got the all day drag pass after my first 3 runs and ended up pretty much dominating the entire day. 22 wins, 4 losses, and had a few people wanna take me on but couldn't cause either the line up, a break, or the end of the day. all in all, it was a good day. i'm hoping the photographer there got some good action shots of me. we'll find out in a week or so.

gearing up to go:

making passes:

and a kz drag bike. he's one of 2 that i wanted to challenge but couldn't:

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Needed some supplies for a project.

Made some excuse about probably not at local store so had to go to a more distant store.....

Rode into town, on a summer holiday weekend, this is about aas close as I was gonna get to the beach.
      That comment made me laugh, like we have to justify it or make some excuse to the significant other if we have one.
      It was almost Peter Eganish, for finding a reason to ride.
      Got out for a 70 mile loop myself this morning. Surprisingly minimal traffic.
      Only passed one truck.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
        That comment made me laugh, like we have to justify it or make some excuse to the significant other if we have one.
        It was almost Peter Eganish, for finding a reason to ride.
        Got out for a 70 mile loop myself this morning. Surprisingly minimal traffic.
        Only passed one truck.
        It used to take me 25 min. to get to work, and 3-4 hrs. to get home. There wasn't any traffic problems either way.

Comment

Given the choice between a movie night and riding for a few hours, my wife gladly chose the latter sooooo we geared up and hit the road. As soon as we opened the garage door and pulled out the sky threatened to send us to a movie instead. I could see a wall of rain straight ahead to the west so right turn head North a bit. Drops on the visor, it's catching us, east now... What makes a thunderstorm more fun but, a blizzard (ice cream) Yeah, we waited it out with a snack.

Not much rain but the snack was good anyway.

Now, we hit the interstate and went South, away from the weather. The GS ran so smooth tonight. Even my wife noticed it to be unusually smooth running. Weird huh? We rode a little over a hundred miles but seemed like 20.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            July 22nd I have a special appointment with the motor company about the XG750A. They want my feedback about some issues I'm experiencing so I meet with the regional guy, owner and a guy that works on quality control... HD is standing behind their product for sure! Been very impressed. For a BRAND new model I'm certainly shaking out allot of issues but all in all the bike has not left me stranded. This Revolution-X HO motor is really tight.
            While riding tonight I had a vision of sorts, daydream maybe, ok more like just a thought but the HD developers wanted you to test out their newest models from here on out and write up reviews for them.

Just imagine doing what you love and getting paid for it.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Enjoying the new wheels.

2017-07-01_06-28-02 by Rob Ert, on Flickr
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I ended up going for an hour ride last night... So many rivers are past their banks I took forever to find a road! We got clobbered here in VT.

What you can't see is the river completely over it's bank and over the road...
                It finally stopped raining so I finally got to ride without rain gear.
                Coverts are just flooded out and pushed to banks... Bad time.
                http://www.wcax.com/story/35796305/m...ng-on-saturday
                Last edited by Jedz123; 07-02-2017, 07:35 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  While riding tonight I had a vision of sorts, daydream maybe, ok more like just a thought but the HD developers wanted you to test out their newest models from here on out and write up reviews for them.

Just imagine doing what you love and getting paid for it.
                  I was talking to the regional guy when I went in Friday. He came in and wanted to talk to me for I currently have the most (real) miles on a Street-Rod in the country. He asked me a plethora of questions one being "could I see myself buying a bigger current model" I responded and said No. He asked why and I told him I hate riding cruisers. He then asked what would I like to see. I said a Street 1200 model, more comfortable upright ergos capable of long rides but great handling and FAST. He said Harley was taken back by the sales on the Street Rod so far (apparently it's selling really well) and something I was describing was likely to come down the pike. I told him if they could iron out these first gen issues and give me a more comfortable bigger motor Street-Rod I would buy again.

It would be awesome to be offered a Full time gig testing bikes and being part of a design team but I don't think I'll ever get offered that job. Even if I did the average salary of a product tester is 50-65K. I can't justify taking a substantial salary cut on a Job I already enjoy, most of the time...

If they could match my salary though, it would be a no brainier!
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 07-02-2017, 09:27 AM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Well Jedz, you're a very fortunate fellow to have a well paying job that you enjoy!

Maybe they'll at least cut you smokin' deals on new rides when they come out.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Well Jedz, you're a very fortunate fellow to have a well paying job that you enjoy!

Maybe they'll at least cut you smokin' deals on new rides when they come out.
                      Maybe! If they make something like I described I would definitely bite!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        I was talking to the regional guy when I went in Friday. He came in and wanted to talk to me for I currently have the most (real) miles on a Street-Rod in the country. He asked me a plethora of questions one being "could I see myself buying a bigger current model" I responded and said No. He asked why and I told him I hate riding cruisers. He then asked what would I like to see. I said a Street 1200 model, more comfortable upright ergos capable of long rides but great handling and FAST. He said Harley was taken back by the sales on the Street Rod so far (apparently it's selling really well) and something I was describing was likely to come down the pike. I told him if they could iron out these first gen issues and give me a more comfortable bigger motor Street-Rod I would buy again.

It would be awesome to be offered a Full time gig testing bikes and being part of a design team but I don't think I'll ever get offered that job. Even if I did the average salary of a product tester is 50-65K. I can't justify taking a substantial salary cut on a Job I already enjoy, most of the time...

If they could match my salary though, it would be a no brainier!
                        Keep up the good work and maybe HD will eventually build a bike that ends up in my garage.

What did you think of the Moto Guzzi you rode as compared to the Street Rod?

Comment

Wife suggested a Sunday lunch ride.

Wife suggested a Sunday brunch/lunch ride.
                          She did not ride her bike at all last year (had knee surgery). And this is her first time this year, so about first time in 2 years.

Went on road that follow river, thru countryside.
                          Did not stop for any pictures, I knew she has trouble stopping on side of road.
                          Rode about 25 miles, into suburban Grand Rapids, and then a mile or so to this dinner.
                          (Not at all picturesque, but documentary.)

On way back, did stop on side of road on this bridge (with wide paved shoulder) to discuss/confirm/revise our route to avoid heavy traffic, and snuck in a quick photo that somewhat shows the road and us.

Overall, She really didn't enjoy it, complained about all kinds of things, and said she suggested it for me, since she knew my work has been stressful lately. But I appreciated it anyway.

I suppose I should repay the favor, and do something she will enjoy, like go sit in sand and bake in the sun at the beach for no good reason..... sometime.... raining now.

Last edited by Redman; 07-02-2017, 05:37 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
                            Keep up the good work and maybe HD will eventually build a bike that ends up in my garage.

What did you think of the Moto Guzzi you rode as compared to the Street Rod?
                            HAHA Thanks, We will see what comes from it.

I like the Guzzi allot but I would still take the Street-Rod over it. I don't think Guzzi would give me the support I need way up in Bumble F^*& VT. The Guzzi felt and rode like a classic bike, the Street-Rod is a modern bike trough and through... The Engine of the XG is way better too...
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Got the first 100 miles on since the restoration!

Completed my first 100 miles today since I completed the restoration of my 1978 GS750E. I will have to say that it still makes the heart jump when you take it to 9000 rpm. Now I have to button up a few little items that are driving me crazy and then on to the other one in the garage! Might have a set of twins by this time next year! (Bikes, that is!)

Took this pic across the road from the airport in Lexington, KY.
                              ~
                              Attached Files
                              Ron
                              When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                              1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                              1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                              1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Bike looks great.
                                Even the rotors are clean. Did you get them resurfaced?
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X