No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buildings that have done good and which could still be doing good but are abandoned always make me sad.

Great pics.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

went for an exploring ride and brought the slr along too:

Comment

Is there no end??
        At the end of Tuesday's ride I noticed a pronounced clunking and movement of the fairing when hitting bumps. I thought maybe my repair of the frame mounting boss last year failed, but it was fine, so I put it ouf of my mind.
        Same clunking during yesterday's ride. Got home and found the source. Seems to be a weak point. I have another that came previously repaired, The parts bike bracket is not broken, but shows signs of stress.
        I know old bikes are not for the faint of heart or wrench, but this is getting old.
        http://20170708_064534 by Glenn Brenner, on Flickr
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hitting the dirt

20170708_134909 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

20170708_135238 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

20170708_135419 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

Great day riding with friends. Can't beat that scenery.....

2017-07-09_09-39-24 by Rob Ert, on Flickr
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Is there no end??
            ....r
            No. Just different time between such events.

Originally posted by azr View Post

Great day riding with friends. Can't beat that scenery.....
            I assume you mean the scenery behind you guys.

Oh.... Hi Trev.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Everyone says you should clear your head before getting on the bike instead of getting on the bike to clear your head. I think after my recent get off at Brown County I can now fully attest to the former and I ensured I did that today. However, I honestly feel that riding helps you relax even more so.

After working out a minor clutch issue yesterday and waiting on the two younger teenagers to get off work this afternoon, I ran out west towards Oxford Oh for my first ride in a month. I still need to work through the sore neck and am doing so with help of massage therapy but I really enjoyed the 120 miles I put in.

During the ride I passed three different covered bridges but I haven't been to this one, Black Covered Bridge, in a few years. It seems there's some damage to the supports though as there are signs stating it's under repair and closed to all foot traffic.

Black Bridge 2017 Ride by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Black Bridge Sign Back 2017 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Black Bridge Sign Front 2017 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                ............ should clear your head before getting on the bike instead of getting on the bike to clear your head. .........r
                Thanks for the reminder, Scott.

Good to see that you have gotten back out. Bike repaired, new helmet and all.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Glad to see you're back in the saddle! Bike looks great
                  Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                  Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Love covered bridges! Lots of them in my home province of New Brunswick... found this one while out there on a riding trip in 2010.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I was out working out the kinks on my newly acquired '81 1100EX and decided to photobomb my buddies bike shop.

1978 GS1000E
                        1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                        1981 GS1100E
                        1982 GS1100E
                        1982 GS1000SZ
                        1983 GS1100ED
                        1983 GS1100ESD
                        1978 Honda CB750K
                        1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

MOrning ride.

Went past the long-ago-closed race track near Muskegon.
                          5 lane entrance, to three big huge parking lots -- empty -- with weeds growing thru the asphalt.
                          Made a strange scene to ride around in .
                          THis is one of the three big parking lots.

Rode around out of town, and then back into town, and down by beach.
                          Lot of cars and activity down there, Sand Soccer tournament or something.
                          Found a quite scene around the corner.

THings to do at home, before gets too hot, so short ride.

Comment

I rode to a meeting yesterday at 3 PM. I needed to get the bike out, but hot damn tamale, Ahab: I lost four pounds by the time I got home at 5:30. I need to get up and not online and go for an early morning ride when it's only 80 out.
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

My wife and daughter and I caravan-ed on a shopping trip on Thursday. My daughter took this maybe an hour before the torrential downpour.

We passed a tire yard. It must be an acre at least.

Here's a satellite picture, with an arrow showing about where I took my picture:
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I usually just go hang out at the bike shop I go to. The mechanic loves to talk, and I've learned quite a bit from that. Amazing how 34 years of technology produce such strikingly different bikes.

900F and GSXR by David Bigelow, on Flickr

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Working...
                                X