No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a hundred miles in today, no pictures.
    One road looked normal on the map but ended up being about three miles of single lane packed gravel.
    Another stretch of the same road was a mile or two of the curviest road I think I've been on.
    There was a part where my visor fogged up it was so hot and humid. We didn't have rainfall on us, but there were fresh puddles.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Just another day commuting on the VanVan...

... so much fun!
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

It's been raining every day for three weeks, so my rides are local, short and a dash between thunderstorms rolling in. I've been able to avoid them most of the time, but in the end, I always come back completely soaked.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Its been 90+ with 80% humidity all week, plus working midnights. I have not been riding all week. I'm getting crabby.
          Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
          Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
          Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Been riding my 1976 Fuji 10 speed. Checking the soy bean crop, and corn too.
            9-11-16cs.jpg
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I rode to breakfast this morning, No pics, but a nice 22 mile round-trip scoot.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Just went for a short 50 mile loop today to blow off some cobwebs. We have our own mini-me 9-mile Tail of the Dragon up to Schwietzer Ski Resort. Up and back takes about 30 minutes. Then just a lazy/at times/spirited ride for another hour or so.

IMGP0052 by Larry Pearson, on Flickr

Every time I ride this bike I'm reminded of just how much I love it. So smooth, and so willing to do the ton as many times as you spur it to. Can't ask much more from an almost 40 year old bike.

IMGP0054-001 by Larry Pearson, on Flickr
                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

That is a stunning machine.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Thank you very much. I"ve sure enjoyed owning it.
                    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Went out for a ride on Red to hit the few stretches of roads with curves, grab some biscuits and gravy, then took a nice scenic route, aka, long way back home. Later I took the 40 Chevy back out to the parents(I borrowed it to meet Glen(Dorkburger) at Old Town last night for the Saturday Night Cruise) and then road the VStar back home, the long way back home.
                      GSRick
                      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Very cool that you hung out with Glen. He sure seems like a great guy.
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          Very cool that you hung out with Glen. He sure seems like a great guy.
                          Didn't get to spend much time with him, but it was nice to meet another member and yeah he is a nice guy.
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

No, I'm awful....

Rick, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife, and it sure would have been nice if we had more time to hang out. It's been tough juggling time on this vacation. We're here in Florida with the in laws, and it's been ocassionally painful dealing with them and making time for just my wife and 2 kiddies...
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

For some reason I can't upload an edited photo to Flickr..
                              Ricks '40 Chevy...2017-07-23 23.10.26.jpg
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Did a 250 mile or so loop on the loaned 1098, I took backroads as far as I could then hopped on Hwy 20 East at Marblemount. The ride was great up until that point, then it was all about following weekend warriors getting off their rectangle phones into nature. It was dissappointing actually, had only a few brief moments to unleash the unbelievable power, only to be stuck behind another vehicle moments later. I turned around short of Washington Pass and could not wait to get off Hwy 20, the ride home on back roads was much better.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X