No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about the "loaner" aspect of your story, Carter.
    That is a cool looking bike.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Curious about the "loaner" aspect of your story, Carter.
      That is a cool looking bike.
      Hey Steve, a guy I met doing trackdays, who by the way is 66 years old, rides a RC51 on track, heard I was having issues with my Kat.
      We've been having trackday camp parties with 4-5 other dudes from our neck of the woods, where we're all set up with our ghetto canopies and tarps.
      Camp the night before in the pits and flog bikes together the next day. Good times for sure!
      He offered up the Ducati to use at a trackday at The Ridge, if the Kat wasn't fixed, no mention to borrow on my part.
      Seems the Wiseco pistons scored all of the bores, especially 1-3 and honing didn't rid the vertical scratches.
      May have injested some dirt or remnant bits from starter clutch explosions.

I said I would be too frightened to ride that thing on the track, having never thrown a leg over one.
      It's definitely intimidating looking and sounding, dry clutch and all. So he said take it for the weekend and wring it's neck.
      It had some tuning done on the suspension and engine. He claims it puts 160 hp to rear wheel and it feels like it.
      Most powerful bike I've ever ridden aside from a V-4 Aprillia.
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Wow, he sounds like a great guy.
        Riding any bike that doesn't belong to me is scary enough but a hyper-sports beauty like that would be over-whelming.

I got to ride a KTM 1290 Super Duke R on a demo day about a month ago.
        Somewhat similar to that Ducati. It was a blast!
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Little ride after dinner, to run an errand... and a side trip.

Down to the river to see the goings on at the boat ramp.
          Was fairly quite.

I am a big dummy.
          I pushed bike onto the dock. And then had to pull it back to get off the dock, and then the incline was up. Had some difficulty there.
          Should have backed down onto the dock, and then could have rode off and up the incline.

(more pics in "Sunset")

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Would not go near that idea with my bike.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I rode to work yesterday, and will do again today. Nothing spectacular in that 28 mile round-trip, but good for the bike and me.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Little ride after dinner, to run an errand... and a side trip.

Down to the river to see the goings on at the boat ramp.
                Was fairly quite.

I am a big dummy.
                I pushed bike onto the dock. And then had to pull it back to get off the dock, and then the incline was up. Had some difficulty there.
                Should have backed down onto the dock, and then could have rode off and up the incline.

(more pics in "Sunset")
                Shes a beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  Would not go near that idea with my bike.
                  I know. But I could see it would be a good picture.

I may stop doing such.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out early enough for a breakfast ride, to go for a bit of a ride before breakfast.

7:30am, not early enough for sunrize, but early for me on a non-work day.

Stopped at the same boat ramp park on the river.
                    And to show that I can be more reasonable.....

I suppose is still hazard of rolling/sliding further down the ramp, which it would if didn't leave it in gear.

Comment

Got out early enough for a breakfast ride, to go for a bit of a ride before breakfast.

I suppose is still hazard of rolling/sliding further down the ramp, which it would if didn't leave it in gear.

Beautiful pictures Redman!

You're brave getting that close to the water.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

He's a rebel! Love those pics.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Went for a jaunt to the BC Classic Motorcycle gathering on Vancouver Island a got back a few days ago. 3,400kms over 6 days with no breaks downs, crashes or even a parking lot tip over. Pretty good considering had we almost 20 participants.
                          This is the group after a weird ride in rain with what smelt like spilled diesel on the road for a while. Twisty road, wet, diesel spill and a few nervous moments for more than one rider. The 750 performed great and only used about 1/4 litre of oil over the whole trip. First time I really paid any attention to that.

Big brother and little brother at Trevor's garage party. When was the last time, if ever, you saw these 2 together.
                          That's Kevin's (mcycle-nut) 1100ES.

by soates50, on Flickr
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Looks like you're really trying to become the proud owner of a liquid-cooled motorcycle...
                            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                            __________________________________________________ ______________________
                            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Makes my heart stop seeing these side by side. I think I saw the 1100 in 2014 in Victoria. Nice picture

cg
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

First bit of nice weather for a while. Yesterday was 100km/hr gusty winds and the other day it was raining. Today ... well it was only a couple showers with some nice breaks. 16°C Rode around the hills, about 200km, with this little group and stopped at the Toolangi Tavern for lunch. View from back of tavern.
                                https://photos.app.goo.gl/z6V35bOLINnpKFWi2
                                Last edited by Joegs1100gk; 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM.
                                gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                                gs850g 1980
                                Previously owned
                                gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                                gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Working...
                                X