anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joegs1100gk View Post
    First bit of nice weather for a while. Yesterday was 100km/hr gusty winds and the other day it was raining. Today ... well it was only a couple showers with some nice breaks. 16°C Rode around the hills, about 200km, with this little group and stopped at the Toolangi Tavern for lunch. View from back of tavern.
    Sounds like fun and would sure love to see the view but your picture isn't displaying for me anyway
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hit 7K miles on the Harley...

Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Geez, too bad you're busy with the new house and don't have time to go riding. LOL

Comment

Other than fit and finish issues, how is the baby Harley holding up, Jedz?
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
            Geez, too bad you're busy with the new house and don't have time to go riding. LOL
            HAHAHA Truthfully I'd be past 8K if I didn't have the house stuff going on, looking like August will be less eventful and with an eclipse ride in the works I might break 10K this month! Well on the Harley... I'm @10K miles for the season thus far with all the steads. Half way through.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            Other than fit and finish issues, how is the baby Harley holding up, Jedz?
            Quite well believe it or not, it went in at 5K for the intake boot rip but after that no issues to really report on. It likes to eat rear tires, the 009 only lasted till about 3.5K miles, so I'm on my 3rd rear now. Could have pushed the 009 a bit more but I was coming up to the wear bars and I don't keep tires past that anymore (risk management). It runs good, gets about 50MPG, motor and transmission are still very strong and solid. Rest of the bike is holding up well. I took the bikini fairing off for it was getting sun bleached BAD. I got a set of saddle bags for it, also installed engine guards with highway pegs to help out the +400 mile days. I also installed a "Day-maker" HD's LED headlight conversion which I got at a heavy discount for my issues I've had. It's been stellar for night riding, what a difference! It's proving to be a pretty competent bike. Just wish they gave it a touch more power but it handles very well and I'm pleased with the purchase but no way sold on the brand.
            Last edited by Jedz123; 07-31-2017, 12:39 PM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Took the bike with the wife to Pebble Beach .. well I didnt actually head out to go there .. I went out to take a quick spin and didnt stop until I saw the river. The water was moving full speed but being a Monday there wasn't a soul in sight. Bike ran wonderfully and since it was only about 97 degrees it was a nice cool ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                ............................................ and since it was only about 97 degrees it was a nice cool ride.
                Eeeesschhh.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks to everyone for sharing.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                    Took the bike with the wife to Pebble Beach .. well I didnt actually head out to go there .. I went out to take a quick spin and didnt stop until I saw the river. The water was moving full speed but being a Monday there wasn't a soul in sight. Bike ran wonderfully and since it was only about 97 degrees it was a nice cool ride.

I would have taken a dip!!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Hit 7K miles on the Harley...

Looks like Vt 108 Smuggler's Notch.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Eeeesschhh.
                        Yea I know ... I headed out at about 9am so it was still kind of brisk out!!

Comment

Rode to South central Wisconsin and back today. 500 miles of wandering around for 12 hours. That's about all I'm good for anymore.

Comment

Eighty miles yesterday that included a 4 hour wait at the Base's Military Personnel Flight ID Card section only to be told to go to the hospital for my issue; they fixed it in two minutes. Slab over to a new barn we are moving into this weekend and then back home. Need to get gas before riding anywhere else soon as I am on fumes.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              Sounds like fun and would sure love to see the view but your picture isn't displaying for me anyway
                              I just re-loaded pic. Seems to be fine now, I hope???
                              gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                              gs850g 1980
                              Previously owned
                              gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                              gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Originally posted by Joegs1100gk View Post
                                I just re-loaded pic. Seems to be fine now, I hope???
                                Nope.
                                (I added spaces).

h t t p s://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uyqGHsD49Fg2f_N96pzOxTfUxizfQkEoMYcGZlD-WEyxUbVLtTbeGm-n_MVH3QYv2EE1keUQkcJRYDo24u4da_fEFskeuNOTDn2ol-6jjzKGrTgAv7Zu_LB88pJWIuc98WlETMHX5JNTAqsVKWDU0tI9 jaEQVkTHy9DRlDQXpvEDFzd24iGTyeRDKMSPBWlmvOEiCkyFmB mVGPgQYMLlo3M2L_J5Ng0DOHXtJGz7k_6qOZrgXW1NIt2TqFtt n_qn6shsXAnBOiWPthzSXfoxNAkJ7bPJjCp50hnu-TKgx1HJfENzoiZAKf7Pn4X_d-lRFeaQbncM_5dzu1qUfh8gkBjMzVDaHHBqIL7-1cKiKhrEtwPa4qrFj9HMVaycFk1x7DiJZnaUtMZxuNU-cbcgoCGdeu86C9YnVXVZKvsN7hCKcLH_Ip62j9nEdU1dX0L0Lc h_spRy16ZE8KhDRxEEolMWw1-gaUKXUpnkWv4duC2s9zHrpq6bvLtUMdCdQ141Tz79bcg9pujL3 z5kld1ras0wA1PSpUqMq0TONvW-CeWF836etZzdQYL_xZJ0qJ3q4wW1G9dmWuZqV6Elr6-vJYA1bIC3FqCeqJSqbCPeLsJXeAlVQjWk=w1023-h767-no

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X