No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it did not; but I took your link and opened it in a separate window.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      No it did not; but I took your link and opened it in a separate window.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z6V35bOLINnpKFWi2
      That didn't work, either.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        That didn't work, either.

Interesting; just opened up for me here again....

Things that make you go hmmmmm
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

It's good here.
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Went for a fun ride in the rain today - I oddly enjoy doing local rides in the rain as long as its not a downpour and its not cold. While going around a bend, I ran over a stick laying in the road. When I hit it, the front stepped out and shook for a a brief instant. I think the stick rolled as I ran over it. Gave me a bit of a scare.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You are absolutely right, there is nothing like rolling over a little stick in the road to get your attention.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Stick? Heck, thats nearly a small log. Yikes.....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I made a last ditch effort to complete the work week but after two jobs fell through, I suddenly had a four day weekend ahead of me. Bike maintenance freshly done, nice weather, and a live in house sitter (son home from college) I said screw it and blasted over to Flagstaff, AZ. So nice here, 60 degrees F now and I swear I saw snow on the mountains still!
                  Tomorrow I may head North and eventually wind up in the four corners area. Need to plot a course yet. Man, what a nice ride here. No wind, overcast to block setting sun as I rode west for 300 miles.

20170803_192542.jpg

Tiny pic is better than no pic.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Hot diggity I got a new state: Alaska! I rented a V-Strom 650 in Anchorage and took my brother up the Glenn Highway for a five hour ride, 250 miles, to the Matanuska Glacier.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I've been exploring new route options into work... Found one that works really well, I'm grabbing a steady 100-130 miles in... I come out to some awesome views of the sun rising over the Green Mountains...

I
                      Now that the house is done and paid for and my hunny do list is dwindling I have a feeling August is going to be my biggest month!!! It usually is...
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                        Hot diggity I got a new state: Alaska! I rented a V-Strom 650 in Anchorage and took my brother up the Glenn Highway for a five hour ride, 250 miles, to the Matanuska Glacier.

Fantastic! Man, how cool is that? Three reasons to envy (or, I mean be glad with you)
                        I've always wanted to see Alaska. Must be beautiful....

The V-Strom looks like a blast to ride.... (do you think my wife would be comfy on it?)

No brother, just a sister. But I do take her on the bike from time to time.

Thanks for sharing. Seriously, I'm glad for you!
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Kerry, thats great! Enjoy.

Careful with that new bike. You may find your GS lacking when you get home.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            I made a last ditch effort to complete the work week but after two jobs fell through, I suddenly had a four day weekend ahead of me. Bike maintenance freshly done, nice weather, and a live in house sitter (son home from college) I said screw it and blasted over to Flagstaff, AZ. So nice here, 60 degrees F now and I swear I saw snow on the mountains still!
                            Tomorrow I may head North and eventually wind up in the four corners area. Need to plot a course yet. Man, what a nice ride here. No wind, overcast to block setting sun as I rode west for 300 miles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52152[/ATTACH]

Tiny pic is better than no pic.
                            Roger, I could have used your help up here all summer long. Have not been able to lift up the phone without somebody begging me to come over, or promise to call them when I can!!!!
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Fantastic! Man, how cool is that? Three reasons to envy (or, I mean be glad with you)
                              I've always wanted to see Alaska. Must be beautiful....

The V-Strom looks like a blast to ride.... (do you think my wife would be comfy on it?)

No brother, just a sister. But I do take her on the bike from time to time.

Thanks for sharing. Seriously, I'm glad for you!
                              We have had a beautiful time. Epic. The purpose of our trip was to "collect" my Dad's fiftieth state and for him to get his fiftieth state riding bicycle in as well! I now have thirteen states on motorcycle.

The V-Strom 650 was fine, but I miss my GS650GL. The VS was topheavy. I think I figured out that the fuel injection made the throttle very sensitive, which was not to my liking, but you'd get used to it. Also there's a toggle switch that toggles the display for odometer, Trip 1, Trip 2, and gas mileage. The toggle switch got toggled accidentally every time I pulled the clutch in all the way (design flaw), and sometimes when I reset the turn signal too. Sometimes the display told me the time, sometimes the temp. I didn't know how to select that.

My brother had a fine viewing position and he had grab handles too. It was bulky for him to mount the bike with me on it and the sidebags. We rode for 5-6 hours, so he was up there a long time. I was able to get 195 miles on the tank, with two grown men riding highway speeds.

I look forward to my 650GL and to collecting more states! Oh, this rental was about $150, 24 hrs, unlimited miles.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Kerry.

Sounds Good. Great.

(I was wondering why all pics had one bike. Ah.... I see.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X