No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice morning for a ride. Hooked up with a local friend on his Suzuki C50 and my old faithful 1000G....a quick stop by one of the local ponds. 6k on my set of Bridgestone Spitfires...they still stick good as I wear them to the edge with no chicken strip, but the rear may only have 1k left on it.

Comment

Got a ride in today, but not my bike. A friend got hit by a car the other night and ended up with a dislocated shoulder. Bike was damaged but still rideable and he needed someone to ride it a local dealer.

First time riding a cruiser. Could easily be the last. My hips still hurt from sitting astride that wide tank. Don't like the way the bike fell into corners. Kind of nice to have the power band down low, but just not my style of riding.

Much prefer the narrow parallel twin with narrow frame on my GR

Comment

Here are a few pics from my ride with my buddy Glenn today...

In front of the Mocha House in Cook village

Oh deer..
        No signature

Comment

This was taken at one of my favorite local stops in Hays City. I was on my way to The Salt Lick for some awesome BBQ.

Comment

Finally got the bike up again, the last few weeks were killing me. Broke in the new tires in the nearby college parking lot and then headed south for some sight seeing. It was nice to get back on the road.

Comment

But it sure is pretty.

Comment

The weather was actually pretty nice, it wont get real hot for another couple weeks.

Comment

Are there demerits handed out if you did get a ride in, but have no pictures?

Got about 2 hours on the road today. First day after the semester ended and my family was at school or working. Left me to my own devices, so I went riding. Took as many backroads as possible. Have been fighting a charging issue, so I kept stopping to check the battery charge.

May have an issue, but came home with 12.7 volts in the battery, less gas in the tank and huge grin on my face. Longest ride on this old GR since I got it and I think I am close to getting it sorted out. Once I get the charging issue figured out...time to ride more often.

May have to think about some kind of windscreen/flyscreen to take a bit of wind off, but she ran just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrookie View Post
                    Are there demerits handed out if you did get a ride in, but have no pictures? .
                    Yes, no penalty for pictures and no text

Comment

Story of my life, old_skool, story of my life.

Comment

No pictures but took a 35 mile ride home the long way. Felt good to be out but had some slight issues with how I felt in the seat (already posted a thread about it). It's nice to be able to take that long of a ride and actually have twisties during it unlike my straight shot home while in Eastern Colorado.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Though everybody would get a kick out of this. Its in Geneva Fl. at the end of a community runway. It would be a cool prank on an unsupecting guest that had a few.

Sorry about the finger, but nothing to see under it anyway.

Can you imagine star gazeing on this poarch?
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Today a few of the guys met over at my house and we then rode over to Cliff's house where he was having a meet n greet for vintage motorcycle enthusiasts. The first pic is of the boys at my house Rob-78gs1000 Glenn-84eddie1100 Steve 78honda 750 Sean 81 gs750 and my 80 gs750...

No signature

Comment

Some more from the meet n greet..

No signature

Comment

Couple more...
                                Look at the oil under this 1939 Indian... nice bike!

what a great day with beautiful bikes and good people!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X