• Show
Clear All

Looks like a great ride Glib
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Putting the Tux to work!

Hauling brush as the Neighbor and I decided to expand my driveway and his lawn and take our some huge cedar trees.

Then Met up with a guy my age we met at a wedding in Boston (we went to on Friday). Went for a 50 mile Jaunt then stopped by Foley brothers brewery a stone throws from my house and chatted over some awesome beer!

Good day! Readying for my Solar eclipse trip!!!
      Pretty pumped for that!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I rode both days this weekend! First time in years.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Went for a ride and ended up photobombing my friend's cycle shop.

1978 GS1000E
          1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E
          1982 GS1000SZ
          1983 GS1100ED
          1983 GS1100ESD
          1978 Honda CB750K
          1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Red Cross Blood Bank

Dropped my car off for oil change and some 175,000 mi checkup, so I had to ride to my blood donation appointment, regardless of the drizzle. Ha.
            Guy on a Harley at a traffic light was peeping my ride, asked me what year it was. Right on.
            After donating I walked out of the center at the same time as another donor, happened to be parked adjacent. We chatted about bikes for ten minutes. He rides a V-Strom 1000 these days.

I donate blood every 8 weeks.
            Last edited by kerrfunk; 08-14-2017, 01:03 PM.
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

The wife and I jumped on the bike for a Swimming day yesterday and met up with some cool beings that share the planet. First we hit the salt river. Its been raining so the river was moving fast in some spots and we found a secluded little area and took a dunk. The water was cold and clean and we just sat in there for an hour.

If you enjoy nature it was the spot to be evidently. There were some hawks flying close by from a nearby tree that had a wing span just shy of my own. Pretty impressive if all your used to seeing are pigeons. They flew within 20 feet and had just a spot of red on the underside of their wings. There were also some Turkey vultures that I thought were going to land on our head they came down so close to investigate. I assured them we were still alive but at 10 feet they looked like pterodactyl.

Spotted a tree filled with Golden Finches and there was every type of butterfly and dragon fly with awesome colors.

We decided to do a little hiking further down river where it widened and slowed down some and spotted some wild horses. For a kid from Brooklyn that was pretty wild! I had heard there were horses here but had never seen them.

Back on the bike we went to Butchers trail at Saguaro lake. The lake water felt like a hot tube so we didnt swim to long. The river was awesome but the lake was kind of gross feeling

but it was pretty and here there were a dozen horses that were just frolicking about. They are obviously used to people because you can walk right up to them. It was odd seeing these large animals rolling around the dirt and chasing one another free. They were playing like they didnt have a care in the world. Odd for them to be out midday. By this time Coyote and Javelina are where ever they go to stay cool during the day. It was about 11am. But it was a cool 97 so ??

A great day was had!! This is why I love motorcycling. We just wouldn't think to go exploring in a car so we probably would have been in the house watching the damned TV.

My Suzi purred the whole way and when we pulled into the lot at Butchers trail a crotchity ranger was there and came right over and started talking to me about my bike and how awesome it sounded.

Comment

Nice! Sounds like a fun day.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Great post, Boriqua.
                  Very cool coming across the wild horses.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Indeed, thanks for posting Boriqua.

That brings back memories of a trip I took there in 2000. We went tubing in the salt river, spent a day at Firebird raceway watching top fuel drag races lunch at Ed Debevics and had a dinner at Rustlers Rooste. We ate fried rattlesnake as an appetizer. Man, that was a fun trip.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

It was an Awesome day. Like many people who have lived half a century I have had my ups and downs and my wife and I got pretty beat up financially in that last great recession but yesterday ... Sitting in a cool river enjoying the wild life and quiet, realizing how much I love my wife of 20 years and the fact that she wants to go ride and sit in a cool river as much or more than I do and digging my ride and the breeze and ... well ... life is pretty damn good sometimes!!

Comment

went for a ride, no pix

Comment

Riding to work most every day last couple weeks.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Taking a break after some spirited riding on the GS750
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good looking bike, Greg.
                              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                                went for a ride, no pix
                                today, too

Comment

Working...
                                X