No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain or Shine... This is the best time to rack miles!!!

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
      Yesterday I installed some new front brake pads on my GS750. I was going out for a little test run, saw some kids pulled over on the side of the highway and pulled up behind them to see what was going on. Turns out one of them was having an issue with their XS650 so I asked if they needed anything as I live near by and have tools if they needed. After chatting for a minute or two the bike seems okay and they tell me they are heading out to western MA for the day and ask if I want to come with.

About 45 miles later I notice the girl on the XS650 trying to get the attention of her friends in front (I was last out of three bikes). Shes slowed down by a bit and I can smell a rich mixture. So I pull up next to her and signal to see if she's trying to pull over, get a thumbs up and then race ahead of the Harley up front to relay the information and we pull over on the shoulder.

The XS dies as we pull off and won't start again. They talk about what it might be and check the fuel line for blocks and try a few other things with no luck and also top up the battery with some kind of recharger. After a few minutes I pull out my stock tool kit and suggest we check the spark plugs which I have out a few seconds later. The right one looks quite rich but when we pull the left one find that it looks all dinged up and the gap has been pinched 100% together. I open the gap with my leatherman and try to match it with the other one as best I can.

At that moment a cop pulled up and was very rude about our situation but after he left the bike fired right up and we were back on the road. About 30 miles away we stop again for gas and I split off after lending them a pair of extra B8ES plugs and my spark plug wrench (they live near me so convenient to get back).
      I don't know what caused the bad plug, but I think they were happy I had stopped and now I have a couple more motorcycle friends.
      A legend I say!
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
        Y...............
        Good of you Sam.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a nice 200 mile ride with fellow GSR forum members Jethro, Skip and his friend Dave. Stopped in to say hi to early arrivals for the GSR Green Mountain annual rally. The view from atop Coolidge Park, Vermont camp site.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rest stop on the way home...view of Cardigan Mtn behind Mascoma Lake....

[IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Using the Ole' TUX and it's +65MPG to go to and from work... Love this little rascal!!

Rain this AM, Hence why it's the only bike in the MC lot at work.
            If you had one of these, you could get 100mpg during your commute... like I did yesterday. And every day!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Friday lunch. Using my new jacket lock, which also keeps the seat cool.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Er, on the bicycle I did ...
                IMG_20170909_093322593.jpg
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Ran south today and found some new roads east of Mason that were nice getting to Fayetteville OH before turning around thanks to a phone call from home with issues that needed my help. Ugg, I wish I could get away for a couple of days but still put in 130 miles
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    Friday lunch. Using my new jacket lock, which also keeps the seat cool.

Had never heard about a jacket lock.
                    Is this the one you have? Do you like it?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Had never heard about a jacket lock.
                      Is this the one you have? Do you like it?
                      I made my own jacket lock. It's a 1/16" coated cable that runs from wrist to wrist just like mittens on a string for toddlers. There's a loop at each end and I wrap the jacket around the bike, pretty much, and use the helmet lock for the cable. I just leave the cable in the jacket. You get used to it pretty quick.

Pictures and better description here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...25-Jacket-Lock
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Ah a little winter riding. The good and the pi*#ed off. Bit of scotch mist on leaving home. Cleared during the morning. Roads were damp in a lot of places. Saw a MFP Ford car when fuelling up. Bike ran great. Lunch was good. Was 2°C to 11°C today. Rode about 600km, mostly country hilly roads. Though some di*#@ead backed his chopper thing into my bike and scratched it Grrr! To say I was a bit angry would be about right. Not angry enough to start swinging punches, I just hope he pay$ for it to be fixed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SmueBKq26DGsa8kB2

Last edited by Joegs1100gk; 09-10-2017, 01:34 AM.
                        gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                        gs850g 1980
                        Previously owned
                        gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                        gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Originally posted by Joegs1100gk View Post

Interesting view/scene.

This a road...? Your driveway....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Morning ride.
                            Always a bit sad to put the liners in the riding gear knowing that warm weather riding is nearing an end. 52º at 6AM.
                            http://Morning ride by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://Morning ride by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Rode up to the Green Mountain Rally just for the day. About 10 miles down the road -

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                              1977 GS550
                              1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Lots of fun stuff to do as summer winds down. This event was called Wings and Wheels. Air show, car show, radar run. The bike show was kinda lame but the cars and planes were outstanding. Ill run the radar run next year. This my pick of the bunch. My favorite are the rat rods
                                Attached Files
                                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                                X