No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most every day last week after getting it back on the road was cold and rainy.
    Rode to work today, for first time since August.
    Is still dark in morning. Sunrise is after get into work.

Did have an evening ride to night.

Yep swung by the beach about sunset.

Windy today so lake not so calm.
    Kite surfer there.

Campground at statepark closed... but hey, It aint tresppassing if spce between the post is wide enough, is it....?

(will have more in Sunset thread.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice pics Mr Redman. Man, I could spend hours just sitting by that lake watching the waves.

Jedz, I'm surprised your temps are just getting down to freezing. Guess I thought it was sooner than this.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Very early departure this morning. Not nearly as early as some people but....Headed up to the mountain to watch the sunrise. Temps in the high 30's up there made me really appreciate the 850's fairing. Unfortunately, I was on the Vee. Burrrrrr!

Such a terrific bike for the twisties, straights, dirt/ paved roads, man I'm having fun on it! I did lose my footing this morning and plop, nap time for the Strom. I swear I don't make this a habit, just happens sometimes.

After a few grunts and groans and more grunts and a quick watering of a thirsty tree, more grunts and well....Finally back on it's feet! Crap what a heavy bike especially when the wheels are uphill!

King of the mountain again....

Made it to the summit!

Just a couple of scratches from my mishap. Live and learn.... In all a great morning ride.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Great pictures Roger. Thanks for sharing. Sorry you dropped your scooter. I can sympathize; I dropped my CB900 Custom in my driveway a few months ago when my foot slipped on something. It was the weirdest sensation; it was a slow-motion drop, but there was just nothing I could do about it and I was just happy to have NOT gotten pinned underneath it. I'm only 5'5" tall, so picking it back up took everything I had - especially since the mirror kept getting caught in the pocket of the jacket I was wearing.

I've got my Suzuki ready to ride to work this morning (it's 42 degrees). May be the last time I ride it this season.

Comment

Scond that on the beautiful pics. Nice.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Man Roger you drop bikes allot! HAHAHA You loving he Strom?Glad your ok.

Great pictures... I need to make my way out that way, some day.

Yes it has been unseasonably warm. Not a great year for foliage for the frost really snaps the color out of the trees but most kinda turned greenish yellow and then just dropped.

It was our first frost... We usually get the first one in late September. I have a feeling I will be riding till December easily again this year. 44' When I rode in this AM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                . . . . . . . . . . Man, I could spend hours just sitting by that lake watching the waves.
                can watch on webcam

and at next town/river north

Or you could go out on the pier and maybe really get swept away (if weather like last couple days).

Rog, Nice early morning sunrize photo, complete with woodland creatures, and your bike parked across the traffic lane.

Last edited by Redman; 10-18-2017, 12:39 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I figured dropping the bike happens to everyone occasionally. It's always embarrassing but also a learning experience. I'm kinda short for the Strom at 5'8" and I was trying to get it in just the right spot for a pic of the shadow on the wall of rock behind it. Kinda silly but fun. I had the front on a rock making it even harder to get my feet down.

There are sooo many deer in the Sandia's. Dozens along the roadside in the early morning. I walked right up to one and got to within a few feet of it.

They don't mind the bike either.

This V-Strom is a real kick to ride. It's quick, good ergonomics, well handling even over 100mph, but flippin hard to stand back up! Not impossible, obviously, but enough to gain respect for it and keep the rubber side down, that's for sure. I like the acceleration and think my arms get a bit longer every time I ride it, lol.

Wow, sorry the pics are so big!
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

The size of the pictures are great...and the quality.
                    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

OMG! The deer are so close! Thanks for sharing!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

My youngest, Paul, has been in the Cincinnati Children's hospital since Sunday morning when his overnight catheter tore through his urethra wall so I have been down there daily to visit as mom is staying there. For today, I chose to ride the bike down as the new Pirelli tires I put on needed scrubbing and I needed some ride time period. After spending some time with him, I started back home through town until I got back up to Lebanon and then jumped over to the Caesar Creek area where I too had to ease up on the gas as a deer ran across the road a very short distance in front of me. By the time I got home, I had put 120 miles in total and found some interesting details about these new tires.

18 Oct 2017 Ride by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          ........ and I was trying to get it in just the right spot for a pic of the shadow on the wall of rock behind it. ....
                          some people are weird, trying to get bike in strange place just for a picture.

Comment

2 1/2 hour ride this evening.
                            Found a new BBQ place, got as take-out and took to a park picnic table. No need for any table manners there!

THis is about as much of fall color as there is to be found around here.

Was on north side of the river about time of sunset, found a way to get bike down to the channel, so here is sunset view over the lake from other side of the piers/river.

Last edited by Redman; 10-18-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Today's ride out to the quiet Atlantic Ocean at Hampton Beach. Beautiful day and no crowds.

[IMG][/IMG]

A modern day widow's walk on the ocean front. Front row seat if ever a tsunami comes to NH.

[IMG][/IMG]

And a few shots of the fall foliage on the way back inland.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

That last shot is purdy. Hey !! thats the only other set of eclipse side bags Ive ever seen on this site.
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X