anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Funny, while riding home last night, I was thinking about the beautiful pics you've been posting recently and thought damn, Roger is a year younger then me and has all of this time to ride...
    That's the funny thing about social media, if you call this such. Mostly it's the highlights and good times that get posted. Long work week this week and not much riding. I did some honey do projects after work though to try and free up some riding time this weekend. We'll see if that happens. My parents need some plumbing repairs done so may go early for a while then work later. Crawling under their house to replace a drain line just doesn't sound as fun as riding to the mountains.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Jealous... I wish I could take a day off... .......
      Sorry, Jed,

This coming spring I intend to do more of the week-day rides.
      And I may post pics of some of those occasions, to share what we all enjoy.
      I do suppose that might be annoying to someone who would be working all week.

You can retaliate by posting pics of your multiple new bikes a year and the lovely Shan.

All good.

Dave
      Last edited by Redman; 11-04-2017, 04:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got a 110-mile ride in today that I've been meaning to try for some time now, crossing the Big Sandy River from WV to KY. Lots of nice curvy roads, well marked, not much traffic, and great scenery. I was riding down my planned route (northbound on KY-3 going northwest out of Louisa) when I saw a brown "attractions" sign that indicated a dam two miles down the side road, so I thought Why not, and I found the Yatesville Dam. Here's the picture of the day from the dam.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Went for about 200 miles today. The boys at Wilkins Harley put brand new Road-smart 3's, oil in the Engine, Primary and then swapped out the fluids & pads in the brakes. Then they hooked my "little" XR1200 up to this contraption...

Did some pulls... It was really a cool thing to watch, first time I have ever seen one of my bikes Dyno'd before!!!

HAHAHA A Whole whopping 80.41WHP at 8K RPM and 68.72 Wftlbs/tq @ 3.3K RPM... For a Completely stock Harley I was impressed, especially for lowly Sportster.

Great day for a ride. RoadSmart 3's are awesome Shoes...

Road home and performed a Stage 1 upgrade (Fueler, Slip-on and a K&N). The in house tuner told me these bikes are good for an extra 10-15hp... It definitely picked up more stride after the "Add-Ons".

It was a good day off!
          Last edited by Jedz123; 11-04-2017, 08:36 PM.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

On a warm but extremely grey overcast day, I pulled out from the house after 330pm today for my own 120 mile ride. Made a stop here in Hueston Woods State Park for a little bit and figured I would post my obligatory river shot (I sure love the looks of them here). This is one of Ohio's newer covered bridges having been built in 2012 over the Four Mile Creek.

Bike Ride to Indiana by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Hueston Woods Covered Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Four Mile Creek by Scott Baker, on Flickr
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              Went for about 200 miles today. The boys at Wilkins Harley put brand new Road-smart 3's, oil in the Engine, Primary and then swapped out the fluids & pads in the brakes. Then they hooked my "little" XR1200 up to this contraption...

Did some pulls... It was really a cool thing to watch, first time I have ever seen one of my bikes Dyno'd before!!!

HAHAHA A Whole whopping 80.41WHP at 8K RPM and 68.72 Wftlbs/tq @ 3.3K RPM... For a Completely stock Harley I was impressed, especially for lowly Sportster.

Great day for a ride. RoadSmart 3's are awesome Shoes...

Road home and performed a Stage 1 upgrade (Fueler, Slip-on and a K&N). The in house tuner told me these bikes are good for an extra 10-15hp... It definitely picked up more stride after the "Add-Ons".

It was a good day off!
              Cool...Glad you're enjoying the new Sportster. But that video makes me think of the Harley owners who do their riding standing still, revving their engines. The only reason I'm not worried about you going over to the dark side is that you rack up the miles on other bikes too. How would you like to trade your TU250X for my ZR-7? I need a light scoot that I can pound the dirt roads of NH along with the paved back roads.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                Cool...Glad you're enjoying the new Sportster. But that video makes me think of the Harley owners who do their riding standing still, revving their engines. The only reason I'm not worried about you going over to the dark side is that you rack up the miles on other bikes too. How would you like to trade your TU250X for my ZR-7? I need a light scoot that I can pound the dirt roads of NH along with the paved back roads.
                Yeah, the shop was shocked when I traded in my Street Rod in with nearly 13K miles on it after 6 months of ownership. I definitely ride!

I really have no need for another middleweight Japanese Standard. The FZ6 covers all my needs there, it's been my primary as of recent. I'm trying to keep my steads FI as well...

The TU250X has been critical around the property after the huge wind storm hauling brush and fallen trees. Throwing on the tire you passed my way soon, readying for winter riding. I really don't want to get rid of it.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went for a ride today with my wife. I love the street names around here!

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Went for a ride today with my wife. I love the street names around here!

That's hilarious. Bike's lookin real good, too.
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

HAHAHAHA Nice Roger
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

No riding here in Winterpeg now. Just got back from Puerto Vallarta and had to shovel 4 inches of the white stuff. It is going to 19 or 20 below tonight and tomorrow night, so riding is most likely done till spring.
                        1981 GS 1000GLX.
                        1981 GS 1000G.
                        1981 GS 650GLX.
                        1975 TS 185.
                        1972 100. Kawasaki.
                        1968 100. Suzuki.
                        1970 Z 50. Honda.
                        1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                        1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

We are suppose to get down into the 20's for a high on Friday... We have been burning wood recently and I'll get the oil burner up and running for the weekend.

TUX is getting a seasonal tune up and tires... The Snow riding season is upon us!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Stud those tires and go slidin on the ice. Be careful on the pavement, though.

Comment

IMG-20171014-04423 - Copy.jpgHad a nice ride through some rolling hills with a few twisty bits to stop here for coffee, they do good food too. A little town called Gembrook. A tourist steam railway ends here too(Puffing Billy). There is also a pretty cool small auto museum up the road a bit from the cafe. Weather is getting better, cool morning but 19 deg Celsius by midday. I can feel summer coming. We passed through some great scenery but just never seem to stop and take pics. Oh well, next time.
                              gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                              gs850g 1980
                              Previously owned
                              gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                              gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Originally posted by habsdoc View Post
                                No riding here in Winterpeg now. ................. had to shovel 4 inches of the white stuff. It is going to 19 or 20 below tonight and tomorrow night, so riding is most likely done till spring.
                                Hab,
                                Do report in from time to time there from Winterpeg. (then I may not feel so bad about Michigan winter.)
                                28 degF this morning.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X