No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harley Almost didn't start this morning... Might need to start taking the FZ again. HAHA

She fired after some coaxing. Made it to work and it ran like an animal on the way in!

No Snow yet... I'm still riding!!!

Been at work for over 2.5 hours and the bike is still covered in frost
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hey Jedz, Harleys are supposed to be put away for the winter when the temperature goes below 70° !!! Haha
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Hey Jedz, Harleys are supposed to be put away for the winter when the temperature goes below 70° !!! Haha
        I think Mine was shocked when I tried starting it this AM. Bike only had 2500 miles on it when I got it a few weeks ago. Now it has 3500 miles. Not used to being run every day that's for sure HAHA
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Probably running the thick 20W50 molasses in that V-Twin... might want to go with a lighter oil if you're planning a lot of cold weather riding on it.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
            Probably running the thick 20W50 molasses in that V-Twin... might want to go with a lighter oil if you're planning a lot of cold weather riding on it.
            Yeah likely... I know it's a full synthetic in it which means it won't gum up like conversational. I Usually run a 0W-40 or 5W-40 in everything this time of year... Almost time to pull out the TUX anyway, snow is in the forecast!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              Harley Almost didn't start this morning... Might need to start taking the FZ again. HAHA

Man, Jed,

5AM
              Easchhhhh

25degF
              Maybe need something with more of a fairing.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                She fired after some coaxing. Made it to work and it ran like an animal on the way in!

No Snow yet... I'm still riding!!!

Been at work for over 2.5 hours and the bike is still covered in frost
                I think you need to find a more open spot to park. There doesn't appear to be much of an angle for the sun to beam down on it.
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Nice day for a ride in NM. We visited a new spot in the Jemez Mountains. This link is not my video but the same spot called Gilman tunnels. Steep canyon walls make it pretty dark but here's a couple of pics.

Two tunnels are hard to get in one pic but my wife figured it out.

Such colorful mountains. Man, this camera doesn't do it justice.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Man I'm jealous. It was rainy and 35 degrees all day yesterday here in Ann Arbor. And it won't be long before that will look mild.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Two tunnels are hard to get in one pic but my wife figured it out.

Nice.

My complements to you and your wife.
                      Last edited by Redman; 11-13-2017, 10:16 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                        Man I'm jealous. It was rainy and 35 degrees all day yesterday here in Ann Arbor. And it won't be long before that will look mild.
                        51 and mostly sunny here now. Winter doesn't hinder us from riding yet.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Nice.

My complements to you and your wife.
                        Thanks, I'll pass that along to the photographer, haha. She enjoys these rides to the mountains. Desert does nothing for her so I'll head out alone on those rides.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Rode the VanVan to my work to pick up some fluids for my latest project bike... it's starting to look like fall out here on the coast!

Looking forward to posting pictures here of the Katana once it's up and running. Maybe it'll be the subject of my annual Christmas Day Ride! Worst case, maybe my annual New Year's Day ride? I'd really better get my butt in gear on it!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            Rode the VanVan to my work to pick up some fluids for my latest project bike... .............!
                            And you carried them in your pocket....?

Nice picture. Yah, does look like fall (is well past that here).

Do post pics of the Kat when you can.

Comment

Yes +1 to that! Can never be too many Kat pic's
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I had a backpack on and I'll tell you, by the time I got home with 5L of oil plus a bottle of brake fluid strapped to my back, I was in agony! I was going to take my truck but it wasn't raining (for the first time in I can't remember how long) so the bike was calling to me quite loudly.

Worth the pain.
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X