Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
    Here is my Suzi in line

It was an unusually cloudy day early on. AZ gets about 350 days of bright sunshine so it kind of sucked that when I want to get some pix its cloudy.......
    Sharp looking GS. Look at those pipes.

My opinion/experience is that overcast is best for photos, no shadows darkening areas.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

2BRacing: that's a fantastic picture! I'm jealous! We were all psyched here in Ann Arbor because it hit 51 degrees - which is about 20 degrees above normal for this time of year.

Boriqua: those are also beautiful pictures. The "jeweled" edges of the engine cases on the Kawasaki is a little much for me, but I do appreciate the rest of the bike - especially the seat, as you mentioned. And I share your enthusiasm for the Nortons; I'd own one if I could afford it. For now, I'm just gonna have to do with my shabby old '81 GS850G. I went to an event called All Clubs Day in Stockbridge, MI a few months ago and there were some fantastic bikes there, but the one that stole the show for me was a custom red Honda CBX. Here's a link to my album on Flickr if you're interested.

Thanks to both of you for sharing!

Scott
      Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        2................................................. .................................................. ... For now, I'm just gonna have to do with my shabby old '81 GS850G. I went to an event called All Clubs Day in Stockbridge, MI a few months ago and there were some fantastic bikes there, ........
        DSC_3520_s by Billy Joe, on Flickr

Scott, Maybe I missed it, but I dont recall you saying how it was you have pics of your bike park at the curb, and then pics of your bike at the VJMC tent as if on display in the show......

And your 850 not at all shabby.

Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2017, 09:45 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I started out at the curb because that's where I was directed to go by the guys directing traffic. But after I had been there only a few minutes, somebody told me that there was a collection of vintage Japanese bikes, so I moved there.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
            I'm amazed how similar South Africa looks to Southern New Mexico. Specifically, the mountains East of Las Cruces. Very nice looking bike there, BTW!

Did you sign the pic at the bottom or does Mr Jones work on the highway maintenance crew?
            Thanks Roger! Good catch on the tar-snake signature there - I only just noticed it now! Mr Jones must have been proud of his repair work that day.
            1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

I cleaned up my 1100G and went riding today. We ain't got any mountains hereabouts but at least I pumped up the colors like jedz does.
              bike-12-3b.jpg
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

mo-pictures:
                bike-12-3aa.jpg
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

mo-pictures:
                  bike-12-3e.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    mo-pictures:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]53396[/ATTACH]
                    Nice pictures.... and nice bike too! Is that an '84 GS1100G? That's my favorite color scheme of the series.

Comment

Nice pictures.... and nice bike too! Is that an '84 GS1100G? That's my favorite color scheme of the series.
                      Thanks. That's my 82 GS1100G, red stripe and cowling added 3 summers ago.

Comment

Upper 40s in Michigan in December.
                        Saw 6 or 7 bikes out today.
                        And I see I am the 3rd Michigander in a row posting here.

Looking at weather forecast, today and maybe tomorrow look like last occasion in the 40s ....... any ride after this will require I add some electrical wattage to the thermal dynamics.
                        Last edited by Redman; 12-03-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

...... my shabby old '81 GS850G...........
                          ah....

December Bike Of The Month

Comment

It was a little too dark for any pictures of scenery, so here is what I saw as I fired it up:

Just in case the air temp is a little hard to read, it's just a touch under 40.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              It was a little too dark for any pictures of scenery, so here is what I saw as I fired it up:

Just in case the air temp is a little hard to read, it's just a touch under 40.

What happens to that volt meter when you turn on your heated gloves, vest, pants, and socks?

We're still wearing non insulated gloves here. That's about to change though. I got on the KLR yesterday morning early and it was a bit chilly but above freezing. No fairing so wind finds any little gap in my gear.
                              On the GS however, the windjammer makes a huge difference. No wind down the neck when I turn my head, hands stay warmer too.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I only had the jacket liner plugged in at that point.

As you can see, it was almost 14 volts (the meter is a couple tenths low, so it was actually 14) at 1500 RPM. It only gets better as I go down the road.

As far as all the rest of the gear, I only have heated gloves to add to the list. I was wearing them, but they were not connected.

The jacket liner I was using was one that I wired myself. I wired it to provide about 50 watts of warmth, which is nice enough to keep the chill off, and does not require a thermostat. I do have a new commercially-available jacket that is about 80 watts, and has a thermostat. I should probably try it to see how it does. The thermostat is a digital model, so it uses pulse width modulation for temperature control. Will be interesting to see if it draws any more current while on low settings to match my current jacket.

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X