No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a huge fan of the 16V 750 motors, despite the bad reps they are still very relaible.

So glad you Gaines some much needed confidence on your machine! Go rack some big miles if you can!

Best,
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I put a lot of miles on my '81 750. One flat tire was the only problem ever experienced.

Comment

I have read about the concerns over the 16V engine but that wasn't bothering me.

I was concerned that the sorry mechanic (me) might not have had his ducks lined up. I ride like an old lady now rarely above 4200 rpm so I think she has some days out in front of her but her maintainer .. hmmm... well he might be suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
          So I dont have pix but I did go riding today and WOW. I landed up doing 120+miles. That is the longest I have ridden the bike since I got it running. Mostly because I was a little afraid it might not get me out and back. I decided today if it left me it was getting sold off.

It was everything I remember and more. Except for being a little wind blown because it was damn cold out NOTHING hurt. I have had many bikes since my old GS in '77 and some put my feet out in front of me to look so cool and in 40 miles my tailbone would be screaming. Others had me leaning forward and in 40 miles I would have to switch hands I had on the bars. Some sat me just right but just didnt have the smoothness at AZ highway speed to make me comfortable as they screamed seemingly in agony.

Today my little 750 happily cruised at about 4200rpm at about 70mph and when I pushed it a little more to keep up with traffic at about 77ish it purred at around 5000 and was steady, no vibration and just loving life. Plenty of passing power. At 65 it was just sublime. The engine and stock exhaust sounded AWESOME!

It wasn't tossed around by passing trucks and I got off and all of my extremities still had feeling. What an outstanding bike and with my new shocks .. oh heaven. I am now glad I didnt go new and beat at it until I got it to work. Still probably the best bike I have ever owned and I have now owned it twice.

Man oh man it was just a wonderful day riding. Now I trust her to take me anywhere so .. I think Tuscon is coming soon.
          I did a 240+ mile trip with MrBill in southern NM (Las Cruces) in early 2014. I had no problems with my 16V/750T. She was leaking just a little bit of oil but other than that, I had a big enough gas tank to keep up with MrBill; he rides easily in the +90/mph. Fun times were had!

Ed
          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-22-2017, 09:44 PM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by habsdoc View Post
            No riding here in Winterpeg. -30 Celsius for our X-mas and New Years. Yea another Polar Vortex. Merry X-mas everyone. Global warming???
            yes. new temperature gradient (equator vs poles) = new jet stream behavior
            we're talking climate science 101
            insert head back into sand and don't worry .... god's got ur back
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
              So I dont have pix but I did go riding today and WOW. I landed up doing 120+miles. That is the longest I have ridden the bike since I got it running. Mostly because I was a little afraid it might not get me out and back. I decided today if it left me it was getting sold off.

It was everything I remember and more. Except for being a little wind blown because it was damn cold out NOTHING hurt. I have had many bikes since my old GS in '77 and some put my feet out in front of me to look so cool and in 40 miles my tailbone would be screaming. Others had me leaning forward and in 40 miles I would have to switch hands I had on the bars. Some sat me just right but just didnt have the smoothness at AZ highway speed to make me comfortable as they screamed seemingly in agony.

Today my little 750 happily cruised at about 4200rpm at about 70mph and when I pushed it a little more to keep up with traffic at about 77ish it purred at around 5000 and was steady, no vibration and just loving life. Plenty of passing power. At 65 it was just sublime. The engine and stock exhaust sounded AWESOME!

It wasn't tossed around by passing trucks and I got off and all of my extremities still had feeling. What an outstanding bike and with my new shocks .. oh heaven. I am now glad I didnt go new and beat at it until I got it to work. Still probably the best bike I have ever owned and I have now owned it twice.

Man oh man it was just a wonderful day riding. Now I trust her to take me anywhere so .. I think Tuscon is coming soon.
              You would be amazed at how far you could go on that bike. Go ahead and do the loop to Tucson then east to route US 60 near Globe via 191 to Safford then 70 up to Globe. It's a beautiful ride and your little ol' 750 would love it.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Hey jedz, hows the riding today?

Comment

6" of snow overnight. First White Christmas in 10 years so no riding today
                  sigpic
                  09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260
                  Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Not much traffic on Christmas morning so I was able to get this pic along side I 40 of Albuquerque's Tumbleweed Snowman. It's been unseasonably warm here and with no measurable moisture for 80 days now, tumbleweeds are going to have to do for snowman making.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                      6" of snow overnight. First White Christmas in 10 years so no riding today
                      We got about 4-5" of snow yesterday, and the high today was 16F. Low tomorrow night calling for -4F and pretty windy, so no riding for this cowboy either! There are people who LIKE the snow - but there's something wrong with them.

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                        We got about 4-5" of snow yesterday, and the high today was 16F. Low tomorrow night calling for -4F and pretty windy, .....
                        and snow flakes on forecast for every hour tonight and next 2 days ..... yah, gonna be awhile..... only riding I will see will be what I see other folks posting.

Dont mean to turn this thread in to a weather forecast.....

But just saying that you guys that are riding; you need to post pics to annoy, er, um, I mean, keep us going.

Last edited by Redman; 12-25-2017, 07:20 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My wife wanted to go out today and it was about 70f but overcast. My problem is too many drinking drivers on the holidays especially in an area with no mass transit. I tend to lock myself inside on holidays.

Comment

I want badly to get out but the bike is in Ohio and I’m stuck in the Galveston Tx area right now
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After having the first white Christmas in years, I didn't get out on my annual Christmas Day Ride... so I went for a Boxing Day Ride today instead! The snow was gone at my house by mid-afternoon yesterday but I didn't have to ride too far to find out where it went! On a related topic, the VanVan isn't too bad in the cold stuff although I think I will stick to my truck for white-wheeling!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                                After having the first white Christmas in years, I didn't get out on my annual Christmas Day Ride... so I went for a Boxing Day Ride today instead! The snow was gone at my house by mid-afternoon yesterday but I didn't have to ride too far to find out where it went! On a related topic, the VanVan isn't too bad in the cold stuff although I think I will stick to my truck for white-wheeling!

So are the fat tires and long seat that extends so far forward designed with a purpose? It's a neat looking little machine - I just can't figure out why.

And you must carry a towel with you wherever you ride; that bike is spotless - even after riding in the snow!

Comment

Working...
                                X