No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from the Downtown Art Show and a quick bite.
    You Cincinnati riders might recognize the landmark eatery. Any guesses?
    Nice day for a ride, cool and breezy and the Onion Rings (I almost said O-Rings) are the best in the city !

Outside the Art Show

Comment

Couple of pictures from today's ride. This is at Smithland, KY where the Cumberland and Ohio rivers converge.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by bubby View Post

Bubby,

Hey!

Tag game posting of my GK in that same place.
        That was Oct 2011.

Rode into Muskegon this morning. Then went to airport for the Wings Of Mercy pancake breakfast, car show, airplane show. Was some WWII fighter planes there with the 18 (or 20?) cyclinder radial engines.

Last edited by Redman; 06-02-2012, 09:54 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

thats awsome lol i ride by the lake express entrance every day and on grand haven road(where the chopper memorial is) has a new motorcycle shop called lucky 13 vintage motorcycles the owners name is ryan beware!! the other half is like a hydroponics store or something like that but anyway Ryan gave me a awesome deal on some parts for my bike

Comment

We had a mini "G-man" rally in Reno today. (All three bikes are GSX1100G's.)
            Three strangers and my strange wife rode a little over 160 miles today.
            The video's are somehow corrupted and won't download!
            We rode all of the best twisty roads in the immediate area.
            Reno to Virginia City to Carson City to Genoa over Kingsbury Pass to east shore Lake Tahoe over Spooner Summit and back to the Circus (Spring Street Vibrations) in Sparks!

Genoa.

Sparks.

Speed limits were never exceeded, all traffic laws were closely obeyed, hundreds of Harley Davidson riders were not passed.

And I am a terrible liar!

Eric

Comment

We did the Port Renfrew "loop" today, 7 of us. One of our guys went down today, hit some loose gravel. He is ok but bike not ok Tough spot to have lunch

No signature

Comment

Explored around the Uvas Reservoir and ended up hitting 152. Took that to Watsonville then Santa Cruz and back home. The weather was perfect today.

Comment

I rode in funeral procession today.

Didnt know the rider. Was hundreds of bikes.

Details later.

<<<later note:
                  Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Last edited by Redman; 06-08-2012, 12:49 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode my bike yesterday and got caught in a downpour. Lemme tell ya, I got home and was SOAKED. Straight through my JR jacket, through my shirt, boxers soaked, socks stayed dry, haha. And now I'm on a mission to re-add a rear fender to my bike, or figure out a longer seat. Also thinking about a small cafe-style fairing too. Man I was miserable!

Comment

in memory of Dan Winsemius

some video of a local rider who passed in a colision with a car in wi. arriving home and this is in his memory there was actually a gs member who was involved in this ride (he will name himself if he sees fit)http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UMJZGcygKRQ

Comment

some video of a local rider who passed in a colision with a car in wi. arriving home and this is in his memory there was actually a gs member who was involved in this ride (he will name himself if he sees fit)http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UMJZGcygKRQ
                        (is over a 7 minute vidio, I can be seen at a distance pulling out of parking lot at 6:35)

See posting #722 (just 3 or 4 back up from here).

May make a seperate posting in "Stories" to tell the "Story".

Last edited by Redman; 06-05-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          We did the Port Renfrew "loop" today, 7 of us. One of our guys went down today, hit some loose gravel. He is ok but bike not ok Tough spot to have lunch
                          Gravel is a tonne of fun on a KLX; not so much when you hit it unexpectedly on a 500lb machine.

I'm glad everyone came out of it okay. Sorry about the bike. I hope there's not too much work to bring it back up to what looks to be a very nice example of its breed.
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

HOLY $#!+ that's a lot of bikes! Who was this guy?
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Dan was a member of the local chapter MMG,(Muskegon motorcycle gang) MMG owns the muskegon area recreational club for bikers ,and dan was partial owner of a machine shop,and associated with mmc (muskegon motorcycle club) Dan was involved in a annual ride called the Bridge run where 12 members took the fairy to WI where some guy crossed a center lane and hit 9 bikes so far 1 has passed he was actually pronounced at the scene 3 others where in critical. the word spread fast within hours on socail networks, news, and word of mouth keep whatching this thread another member redman was there and has his own story to tell...sry redman i didnt mean to ruin your soon to pe post you should tell it how you saw it!!!....... im also trying to become a club member but theres a few hoops you have to jump through
                              Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                              HOLY $#!+ that's a lot of bikes! Who was this guy?

Comment

Sunday I rode up to Muskegon.

Was going to go to the Power Tour car show organized by Hot Rod magazine. Was classic cars and "hot rods" everywere along the road.

Here is 57 chevy, and a few others at a stop light. Then I notriced licence plate wer from states all over. Missouri, Texas, Loiusiania evtera. Later I learnt that the tour goes from Muskegon to Texas this year. ANd was 4500 cars in the car show.

Got close to downtown and traffic was backed up, so I headed to the Lake Express Ferry for the funeral procession.

I will tell that story later. But for now, since some have asked:
                                Was 12 guys from Muskegon area riding in Wisconnson, and some guy in car crosses center line and takes out 10 of the 12. One guy dead on scene. FOur or 5 more serious hurt. Some of them and the familys returning to Muskegon with the body. THree of fout stil in hospital. WOrd got out to have bikes there to meet them and have procession to funeral home. Was hundreds and hiundreds. THe procession took 5 minutes to pass by (and not going slow either).

After that I rode past Lake for a few quite moments.

(THis is about same location Bubby has posted in recent weeks.)

Last edited by Redman; 06-05-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X