No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got the Katana out for a proper ride this morning...

... the result of which was immediately pulling it back off the road so I can deal with the weeping fork leg, badly pulsing front brakes and a couple of electrical issues. Oh well, I'm not due back at work for a few more weeks so now I have something to keep me busy! Glass half-full, etc...
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Bugger! At least now you know what to do so next time you can just riiiiiide... that is such a sweet Kat! There can never be too many Kat pic's...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

that thing is SICK. very nice.

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        I finally got the Katana out for a proper ride this morning...

... the result of which was immediately pulling it back off the road so I can deal with the weeping fork leg, badly pulsing front brakes and a couple of electrical issues. Oh well, I'm not due back at work for a few more weeks so now I have something to keep me busy! Glass half-full, etc...
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm not surprised that it needs some more love since it had been sitting for two years before I bought it. Hadn't gotten to ride it before now since Rob had torn it all apart, so a few issues during the first go is to be expected.

Besides, I bought my old B-King back today so at least I still have something to ride!
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

This is why we all need two bikes minimum, one to ride while wrenching on the other right?

I must get this Kat done...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Didn't take too many pics but I did ride. One of the most challenging rides for I was going into extreme cold and extreme warm moist air and the condensation soaked me... First ride of the 2018 season!

Nice loop for the day.

Now it's 9' and blustery... no riding today but ran the Honda for an hour+. Love that little snowblower!

Here's to hoping for that 40' weather for next Weekend. Plan to rack some miles as long as it stays above freezing!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Brrrrr!!!

I remember riding in 32F weather so I can't imagine 9F.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your rides!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  ... First ride of the 2018 season!
                  I would say that is "out of season".

Am looking for a mid-upper 20s day with clear roads myself.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A record setting day in the PNW, sunny and 57. Took the Connie out for the first time after getting the ECU flashed. Huge improvement in smoothness, the snatchy throttle is gone. Can't comment on power improvements yet, I need to remember how to ride first Lots more under 5 k though. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice as well.
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Charmayne and I are both wishing winter would end now - the high was 14 degrees and we still had a bunch of snow and slush on the roads after last night's storm. I swear I shoveled 4 inches from the driveway this morning
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I was actually entertaining the thought of going for a ride in last night wet / salty roads and all. It was in the 50s. We're back to cold weather today.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Charmayne and I are both wishing winter would end now - the high was 14 degrees and we still had a bunch of snow and slush on the roads after last night's storm. I swear I shoveled 4 inches from the driveway this morning
                          I hear ya Cowboy. The roads in my neighborhood are covered in about a 1" thick layer of hard ice. I've been trying for two weeks now to get decent weather to make a trip (in my car) to Norton Shores, MI to do a little pre-retirement investigating, but the weather just won't cooperate. The forecast is for snow again most of tomorrow (Monday).

Comment

I got a short loop on the ES, first ride of 2018, felt good and first ride since mid November.
                            First sun in a while as well, near 50 degrees.
                            Enough to rap it out to near redline several times in 3rd gear on a loop that Steve Baker apparently practiced on back in the day.
                            Whenever I ride this section I think of him.
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

54 F and overcast today and I went for an 85 mile run to regain a bit of two wheel sanity. Felt good.....
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                                I got a short loop on the ES, first ride of 2018, felt good and first ride since mid November.
                                First sun in a while as well, near 50 degrees.
                                Enough to rap it out to near redline several times in 3rd gear on a loop that Steve Baker apparently practiced on back in the day.
                                Whenever I ride this section I think of him.
                                61 in Bremerton today. Unfortunately I had to load up the truck and go to the dump. Tomorrow is supposed to be unseasonably warm as well until the rain starts in the afternoon. Global warming has been good to us....
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X