• Show
Clear All

We are the new Kalifornia here...
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Took the Honda 600F2 for a short loop. Oil was lightly spewing on my right boot mid-ride, so I cut the ride short.
      Came back to fire up the ES and found out our sewer line is backing up.
      Just last week had the entire line out to the road redone, but apparently the city put in a sewer stub that goes nowhere and we tied into it.

Good times, now we get to cut up the road, woohoo!
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
        Looks like a VW dash... I only know because my Girlfriend drives a Jetta...

And Shame on you for driving the cage in that weather!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

What is new Kalifornai....... 64 degrees in afternoon in January...? ..... 0 mph...? the smoke haze.....?

?

>>> oh, 64 degrees in in January in Washington.
          Last edited by Redman; 01-16-2018, 09:07 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Looks like a VW dash... I only know because my Girlfriend drives a Jetta...

And Shame on you for driving the cage in that weather!
            Passat. Made in Tennessee. 70k and not one rattle or squeak. 3 recalls though. Phone needs a new Camera lens, that's why it is so fuzzy. And yes, I should be riding but I had a load of computers to deliver.
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Passat. Made in Tennessee. 70k and not one rattle or squeak. 3 recalls though. Phone needs a new Camera lens, that's why it is so fuzzy. And yes, I should be riding but I had a load of computers to deliver.
              You need one of these! Remember how roomy it was?

Photo from today, btw... keeping the thread alive (even if it's not a GS).
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nice! My GF loves her Jetta but I don't, I'm the one that does all the work on it. HAHAHA

Hope you do get out and capitalize on that good weather!

Dreary as crap lately, cold cold cold... I won't be riding every day again for a few more months.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  You need one of these! Remember how roomy it was?

Photo from today, btw... keeping the thread alive (even if it's not a GS).
                  Keep the posts coming Dave!!!!

So you got an old B-King back??? When you going out take that out and show us?
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Keep the posts coming Dave!!!!

So you got an old B-King back??? When you going out take that out and show us?
                    When I get some mirrors on it... the p/o swapped over to a crappy bar end mirror and subsequently lost the originals. I have mirrors en route.

The King is the first one that I owned, bought when I lived out in Ontario and then shipped out here to British Columbia when I moved in 2013. I never planned on selling it but I really wanted to build the sidecar rig for my daughter and I couldn't afford to keep both at the time. It's taken me four years (and many other bikes including a different B-King) to get it back. This is an old pic from an "Ugly Bike" ride with Trevor:

Mine's the pretty one.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

HAHAHAHA I was going to say, That's some ugly looking bikes right there!!!

So glad you were able to get your original bike back!

I miss my BK sometimes, I just don't have the place and wide open space for all that gumption on the regular. As I've "grown up" I've learned practical low to mid range power works the best vs top end fizzle for my mostly mountain riding. Why I'm giving a honest go with Harley-Davidson.

The Bonnie rig is really cool and so is the VAnVan... and the Kat... Bikes are just cool

My Best!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Hayabuser, glad you got your bike back. Thanks for sharing your pic's. That Beemer's got you beat on the ugly-scale.
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Not much for riding season in NH for the last month or more. Today I was able to get out on the ZR7. It is an undervalued bike like the old 850G. Bulletproof(over 40k miles now), quick, handles well, ergos good except the seat needs a slight mod, and can be had inexpensively...and much lighter. Mostly stayed with main roads to avoid deadly patches of snow and ice, but it was 45F today.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

has been about 5 weeks.....

After days and days of single digit temps, and snow and snow....
                            and days and days of temps in the teens, and snow and snow....
                            and days and days of temps in the 20s, and snow and snow...
                            ah, got a few days of temps in upper 20s and low 30s and no snow, had some snow melt, and road crews got the ice cleared and down to pavement....
                            and now a day in the 30s.
                            Roads wet, so no-no for the GK, and yes-yes for the Shadow500.

Not much activity at this boat ramp, the docks are up in the parking lot.

Folks out on the ice, just to go fishing. Hard to understand.

Last edited by Redman; 01-20-2018, 02:47 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

All that white stuff make me shiver. Good to see you got out though.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Super nice day for riding today here. The hardest thing was deciding which bike to ride. Lol! I sort of looked them both over and whichever one beckoned to me the most got to go out and play. The GS won over the KLR this time.

Now, where to go? To the North there was supposed to be snow later on. I've been South on the GS and West last weekend on the KLR. East it is then. I hit the super slab with a full tank and did my best to make it to Texas. One tank wouldn't do it but no worries, fill/ stretch/ back on the road and in just a few hours I was in another time zone.

On the way back I headed North From Tucumcari toward Conchas Lake. I was thinking about all those snow pics you guys post and saw this cotton field with a little left over from the plow. I've never picked up cotton off the ground so had to stop and grab a bit.

Made it to Conchas Lake and crossed the dam.

It was getting late so no more sidetracking, back to town now. Heading West on I-40 I hit the reserve and almost ran the tank dry. This hole in the wall station saved my bum. The attendant was in the can when I tried to open the door and I thought, oh crap they're closed! I got back on the bike and he came out saying "hey, we're open now".

Made it home after dark and realized once again how much I hate the H4 bulb in the windjammer. May as well have a flashlight on front of this thing. In all it was 450 miles and 15 gallons of fuel. Cruising at 70-80mph is fun but makes for thirsty carbs!
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X