No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Trevor. Yeah, this motorcycle something else. It needs a good bath also I have to remove some of the RAM mounts. The guy must have been a electronic freak. The Givi trunk is nice but it is huge! The rear crash guards have to come off. They stick way out with the side bags removed. I'll have time to work on it, it's still February. Still have month or so of crap weather.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Congratulations Norm on the new toy. Very exciting to have new technology. Take good care of it and also do not ignore the Suzukis.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Looks like I'll be playing catch-up this June on our way out to Indiana together. Hahaha. My XR-12 is quick for a Harley but my little 600 would spank it.

Congratulations Norm!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Gorgeous sunrise coming up over the Green Mountains... This place is where my heart calls home.

Great ride in...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Gmorning Jedz!

Great pic! I've yet to travel up north from Delaware. Maybe that will change this year. Thanks for sharing sunrise!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Gmorning Jedz!

Great pic! I've yet to travel up north from Delaware. Maybe that will change this year. Thanks for sharing sunrise!

Ed
              Mornin' Ed!!!

I'll be coming through your neck of the woods a couple times this year on MC trips maybe we could do Lunch one of these times?
              Also if you want to plan a getaway, my door is always open!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                59F today here and still plenty of ice on the pond and snow banks to melt away, but a good day for testing a little seat modification on the ZR7.....in a few days I'll switch back to snowmobiling up north!

[IMG][/IMG]
                Nice Steve!
                Did Mrs. Lurch do the custom work?
                Sorry won't be able to make it over this weekend... Shan is pretty bummed, I got dropped a mutha of a work load and Saturday is looking like 16+ hour day. Winter carnival here at the college is brutal. Almost as bad as Commencement and Reunion but not quite...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Quick little jaunt after a long day and a bit of a test after recent work on the bike. Nothing fell off, leaked (that wasn't leaking before anyway...) or broke. Did some heavy front braking to start to match new pads to old rotors... I need to bleed the brakes a bit more. The lovely warmth of the day was fading and clouds had rolled in by the time I got out.
                  Just noticed... Jersey Freeze's choice of color is good....

http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yesterday was an stellar ride. Took a half day (in Retail that means 8 hour day ) headed out by 2PM and covered a good amount of ground before the cold Canadian air briskly moved in.

Got a good amount of miles racked for February in Vermont.
                    Took the HD out to get a little more acclimated on it and dial in for the FL trip.

The warm dry air was briskly changed to damp and cool weather, threw on the heated gloves and soldiered out my ride.

Got back into Middlebury and cleaned the XR-12 up and brought her home to do the Scotty Mod The bike is just a touch to revvy for Sport touring applications... This is the (Buel) XB12R setup and it will drop the revs down 500RPM at cruising speeds, also give the bike some more leg for it hits rev-limiter quick at 125ish MPH.

More I ride it the more I love it... It Handles wicked. Hold a line even in the strongest of cross winds. Power wise it isn't the best but the torque is adequate and the bike is VERY smooth at cruise.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

J, you went down by ticonderoga, did you go by the ferry landing? it's such a cool spot. i've spent a lot of time there enjoying the view and the quiet while waiting for the ferry.
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I did! But didn't grab any pics. Ferry isn't running (obviously) for the lake is still iced over. Nice to relax for a minute and peer over to NY.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Nice Steve!
                          Did Mrs. Lurch do the custom work?
                          Most of this seat work was my handiwork. Same mod as what we did with the old Bandit. Built up the nose of the seat to help stop the sliding forward into the tank when riding and preventing discomfort on the jewels by leveling it off and eliminating that forward pitch. Much better than the ZR7 and the Bandit stock seats. They were very similar.

Comment

Riding for the month of March is out for me, cataract surgery, both eyes Yay.....
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                              Riding for the month of March is out for me, cataract surgery, both eyes Yay.....
                              Then after that you can ride more than now... I suspect.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out for 2 1/2 hours today.
                                From daughters place (near I-5 & CA-76, upper left of map) it takes about 20 minutes to get thru suburbia, and to the other side of "the 15" on the CA76 and then in a few minutes is like this

Yah, that is still CA-76, yah, that is a state highway.

At 3:30pm traffic was already kinda heavy, even that far from suburbia,
                                so I took off on the first road that looked interesting on this map.
                                Rice Canyon, THen also Rainbow Canyon, Pala Tecmeula and others.

Went on a couple roads that were so narrow and twisty and no shoulder that was no place to pull over for picture at most of the great scenes. Had to limit pictures to where was a plce to pull over.
                                Then see this sign

and, yah, the road got narrower, and trees right on edge of pavement.
                                Went up and down this road a couple times.

And over to another road.

Then got lost. THen made it back to CA-76, and back into town.
                                Traffic heavyer on the 3 and 4 lane part of the road in suburbia, the "filtering" at the lights was great, some lights I went up 15 or 20 cars.
                                Last edited by Redman; 02-23-2018, 03:02 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X