anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeLuz DeLuz! DeLuzinal !!

Saturday, Son-In-Law suggested a ride... and I am happy for him to suggest something for us to do together, and better yet, suggest going for ride together. And he suggested a road that someone had recommended to him (DeLuz Road and others). I was thinking that maybe that road/area might not get away from suburbia enough, based only on my look at the map. He did not seem to have any familiarity with it either.

About to depart. 10am, upper 50s (8 am had been less than 40... with brighter sun and dryer air here, the temperature can rize quickly in the morning)

Well, I was wrong. In about 20 minutes we were out of suburbia, and into hills and canyons.
    Got behind some traffic from time to time, but when that happened it slowed us down enough that I could sneak a couple pictures (waited until situation where traffic ahead was out of view around the curve)

Was great! Had a good 3 hour ride. Wanted to ride at least some of it back, but given the time and that we were close to the 15, we headed to the 15.
    And found 4 & 5 lanes, full, on an early Saturday afternoon, stop& go 20-25 mph. So we split for a mile or so at a time, did that 5-6 times thru stopped or 10-15mph traffic, must have passed 3-4 hundred cars. About 10-12 miles up the road was a guy putting on his spare tire on side of road, then boom-zoom, everybody up to 80 mph.
    THen on CA76 was lots of traffic backed up at lights, so filtered up at every light that was backed up, must have past a hundred cars.

Got back to do some other activitys with the family here, and completed our southern california day with burgers at In-N-Out.

De Luz Road, want to get back to that. Son-In-Law mentioned same. I said "when is your next day off?". He says, "Wednesday, Lets do that."

Last edited by Redman; 02-26-2018, 04:15 PM. Reason: spulling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hey Dave, what's that TV looking thing on your dash? Is that so you can keep up on your Soaps? Haha
      Between the both of you, you have enough cylinders to make a real motorcycle! Just pulling you leg Dave, looks like you had a nice day riding with your son in law. ☺
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Went out on the mighty TW200 doing some phototagging.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]54106[/ATTACH]

I went for a little ride yesterday. 50° and not to sunny but I had fun. I think the FJR looks good with the side bags and the trunk removed. 
          I agree Norm. It does look good without the bags and trunk but they come in real handy when touring. Is this one coming to Bedford in June?
          BTW, nice find even if it is a Yamaha. Just kidding you, I had a new XS 750 Special back in '78. Killed my 1st deer with it.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I don't know Larr. I was just talking to Redman about what to ride. Nardy and all them guys always ride new cool motorcycles... What motorcycle are to bringing?
            Oh, I don't plan on deer hunting with any motorcycle. ��

Downs, It looks like a beautiful day in Greenville Texas! Glad you were able to get out riding and scouting.
            Last edited by storm 64; 02-26-2018, 07:52 PM.
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I plan right now at least to be on my GS with it's freshly rebuilt top end. This should end the carrying of oil to replenish after each day's ride.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Man Dave... I would love to have a spare stead and a riding buddy in CA...
                Enjoy the riding my friend!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Took the King out for a "last day of winter lay-off" ride... back to the old grind tomorrow.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

So Norm, is it any less top heavy without the bags on?
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      Hey Dave, what's that TV looking thing on your dash? Is that so you can keep up on your Soaps? Haha
                      Between the both of you, you have enough cylinders to make a real motorcycle! Just pulling you leg Dave, looks like you had a nice day riding with your son in law. ☺
                      Yah, I need to either relocate the GPS or hold camera up higher. Will see if I can do better.

Yep, two 2 cylinder bikes.
                      SIL says he doesnt like the BMW. I said, yah, it is quite different, it shakes sideways sometimes, not up and down and forward and back all the time.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sunday.
                        Wildcat Canyon Road, and Old Julian Highway.

THen was pondering going further or looping back around ... then saw PIE, so had pie.

Comment

No ride Monday. But did relocate the GPS.

Did go for short ride today (Tuesday).

THis better Norm?

Comment

Looks like stashing a bike on the West Coast is paying off. Thanks for the reports and pictures. Looks like fun.
                            Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                            Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Great pics Dave. Thanks for taking the time to share them.

I'm noticing yours and Steve's instruments (in another thread) and have to chuckle when I get on my bike.
                              The only non stock gadget I added is an old Casio watch held on with velcro.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Sunday.
                                Wildcat Canyon Road, and Old Julian Highway.

THen was pondering going further or looping back around ... then saw PIE, so had pie.

I sure miss those roads. When I was stationed in California I lived in Lakeside and rode Wildcat Canyon quite often.

Comment

Working...
                                X