Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Yah, was good to get out.

Maybe I should get a bike that is more suited to fun riding.
    But this (was gotten for seat height and low weight concerns for wife to learn on) does serve well as a winter beater.

Run it!!! Today I took the TUX in... Any day on a motorcycle is a good day! No matter what it is!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      ............. ............. ............ ........................... ... Bike is running great despite how frickin' old (and beat) it is.
      Any day that you can ride your motorcycle, is a good day!
      Old..... ? .... 98 ......

Yah, any ride that doesn't involve police or ambulances and that has bike and rider arrive-return in same condition as departed is a good ride.
      Last edited by Redman; 04-13-2018, 08:08 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good to see an update on Charmayne riding.

Say, your Bandit 1250; is it the 1250 or is it the A that has more of the fairing.....?
        It's the SA - ABS with the fairing you see; I have the top case and bags in the garage for now so I don't ruin them yet
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got out and enjoyed the warm weather last night.
          Had a minor glitch at first though. I rode to the end of the street and the bike began running out of gas (full tank).
          turns out the vacuum line for the petcock popped off during reassembly. Almost all smiles after that - someone tried to move into my lane on the highway.

The front end work feels good. A taughter ride then before, but in a good way.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Took a ride but in the cage. Winter will not let go up here. I live along the St. Croix river and in the spring time it is used by Bald Eagles as a migratory route. Seen at least 30 Eagles riding the air currents going through their mating rituals in midair. Great sight to see, sorry no pics.
            Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
            Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
            Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Grabbing some groceries...
              \
              Cranking on the TUX today... Spitting snow and ice.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'm a bit late but I finally roused my pound puppy out of winter hibernation. We had fun today.

Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

No pictures, but I got out for the first time today since November?
                  Beautiful day. Got a lot of chores done, including fixing the bike and then taking the kid for a spin.
                  It's good to be back.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Grabbing some groceries...
                    One backpack at a time, eh.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by MechMessiah View Post
                      I'm a bit late but I finally roused my pound puppy out of winter hibernation. .......
                      Great feeling to get bike out after long winter.

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                      No pictures, but I got out for the first time today since November?
                      Great feeling to get bike out after long winter.

Comment

One backpack at a time, eh.

Yup!

All my dry stock comes in from Amazon. I only grab my perishables at the grocery store these days.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Just a quick 15 minute jaunt last night after installing a different set of handlebars to see how it feels. Even better. Sorry, no pics. Scott (MIGuy) this bike is totally rideable for a 58 year old now.
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Longest January in recorded history here. Supposed to be 61 and sunny tomorrow. I will see what starts and take it for a ride...
                            sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Taking up on Bob's theme, My son and I took 2 of the herd out for a jaunt.
                              DR 350 really impresses me with the motor, still needs some tweaks (and where did I "put" those special washers for the side covers?)
                              GPz has a charging failure (ran great a few weeks ago)

IMG_20180419_141941749_HDR.jpg
                              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                              2007 DRz 400S
                              1999 ATK 490ES
                              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I rode my new to me "track only" (04 gixxer 750) bike on the street today. When I bought it, I fired it up in sellers garage, that's it.
                                It has no dash or kickstand.
                                Taped some cabinet LED to the front fairing and a red bicycle light to the back, brought the title with me just in case.
                                Scrubbed in some new Dunlop Q3+'s (hardly) and mostly bedded in some new EBC HH brake pads.
                                Cheap chinese rearsets on it apparently only work in GP shift pattern. It was ok, only made one shifting mistake and only rode about 20 minutes, thinking I might get busted. I believe the seller pulled off some finer parts before selling, (Penske shock + Brembo master cylinder, etc) as I tracked down the original owner and had a chat.
                                The motor is potent though, holy cow! Some supposedly SS engine work with receipts was done and a reflashed ECU, will be exciting on the track in June.
                                The interesting tid bit is the road I was riding on, served as Steve Baker's testing route, way back in the day.
                                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                                X