No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 270 crank gives a) firing order like a H-D b) more low end c)better traction so you can hook up on dirt ovals better.

Hmmmm... no Triumph dealers near me and they aren't going to be at Americade. Crapola
    Last edited by B.C.G.S.; 04-26-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
      A 270 crank gives a) firing order like a H-D b) more low end c)better traction so you can hook up on dirt ovals better.

Hmmmm... no Triumph dealers near me and they aren't going to be at Americade. Crapola
      This thing doesn't move like a Harley...

Traction and wheelie control does help allot, often i will take it off. Power wheelies like a mutha. It may look like an old bike but there is nothing old about it... A modern motorcycle through and through...

The motor honestly feels allot like the old 8V GS1000 motors. If it wasn't for the exhaust pulse (lighter stiffer chassis and a 6th gear) you'd think you'd be riding an old air cooled 4 cylinder, wicked smooth with GOBS of roll on power all over the rev range. The power kicks in right at 2.5K RPM and pulls right to the 7K rev-limiter(which I try to stay out of till I finish the break-in period). I did the math and with the gains seen on the Thruxton R I'm guessing my bike is in the 85-90WHP range and well over 90 Ft/lbs of torque to the wheel(A torque curve that is also as flat as a kitchen table). The other added bonus to the exhuast is weight reduction... I dropped probably 30 lbs with the exhuast swap over... With current figures I'm looking at a bike in the high 400lbs to low 500lbs range wet. 0-60 is low 3's... It accelerates as quickly as the FZ6 but it does't keep going... 125mph it starts to peter off. Not fast sure but it would put my last 2 Harley's to absolute shame. It is one hell of a bike, one of the best out there on the market, thats for sure.

IS my Bandit 1200 faster? Yes(in a flat line and top speed) but the B-12 is not nearly as torquey nor as well composed in the twistys (which is crazy to think about) as the BT-12. The BT-12 6 speed gear box is wicked tall in which I'm swapping over to the Throxton R gearing. With the Gearing change and I'm confident the BT-12 would spank the B-12 in most striations and do a better job at keeping up in a straight line till about 120mph... But that that point who's going that fast that often?

Anyway I really need to start a thread going over it...

The closest Triumph dealer is about 2.5 hour ride from me. I just got authorized to be able to perform all the scheduled maintenance on the machine and as long as I record keep all I do to it I should be in the green if Warranty issues arise. There are known flaws, mainly electrics that have happened on this bike but from what I've ready the thing is tougher than a coffin nail and it will just run when you need it to. The 3 year unlimited mile warranty also warrants a sigh of relief...

This one is a goody, I highly recommend anyone that can to try one .
      Last edited by Jedz123; 04-26-2018, 11:51 AM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I like the sound from the mufflers. A bit of a bark.
        No problems from Triumph in regards to the warranty when using an aftermarket exhaust?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

What if Indian comes out with the flat track inspired Scout?

Comment

Unless the exhaust is directly correlated and cause to the claim... there's no risk of voiding warranty.

So if I loose 3rd gear (in example); since the transmission is separate of the exhaust system it would be covered and they would have to replace it.
            Same with any electrical component which is my primary concern on this bike.

I read up and asked allot of questions. It's actually law that protects us as the consumers. Unless the modification was in fact directly related to the cause of damage that defective part is covered. A good example of not being covered is I blow the engine because I advance the ignition... (which really isn't possible these days with how advance FI is) that wouldn't be covered for the engine damage resulted from that modification. Exhausts on FI bikes now a days don't generally causes damages on these new bikes. Generally the ECU will either retard the ignition to protect from knock OR (in the BT-12's case) the ECU enriches the fueling to ensure a stoitch burn...

IE:I had two claims last year on my 17 Street-Rod, the intake boot ripped(causing high and erratic idle with CEL on)and I was having main harness issues(random shut off and non starting issues). They fixed both issues without question even with the aftermarket system installed because the exhuast systems was not related to those broken systems.
            Last edited by Jedz123; 04-26-2018, 01:30 PM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Was excited to finally have both a nice afternoon and some free time occur on the same day, so I was pumped to get out for a ride on the recently refreshed 850L. And made it a total of 2 blocks before it began to sputter and try to die on throttle input. It was at this moment that I remembered the one thing I had forgotten to do before getting out for a ride: replace the 30 year old fuel line. Limped it home and spent the rest of the afternoon cursing my stupidity and pulling the carbs back off the bike. Will be cleaning jets, replacing fuel line, and then going on my first ride of the season this weekend. Here's a pic of the beast before I went on my very short ride.

rsz_untitled.jpg
              Last edited by Rust_to_Redemption; 04-26-2018, 01:40 PM.
              1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
              1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
              Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                What if Indian comes out with the flat track inspired Scout?
                I'll believe it when I see it...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Rust_to_Redemption View Post
                  Was excited to finally have both a nice afternoon and some free time occur on the same day, so I was pumped to get out for a ride on the recently refreshed 850L. And made it a total of 2 blocks before it began to sputter and try to die on throttle input. It was at this moment that I remembered the one thing I had forgotten to do before getting out for a ride: replace the 30 year old fuel line. Limped it home and spent the rest of the afternoon cursing my stupidity and pulling the carbs back off the bike. Will be cleaning jets, replacing fuel line, and then going on my first ride of the season this weekend. Here's a pic of the beast before I went on my very short ride.
                  You'll dial it in!
                  I like the Seat!!!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    I'll believe it when I see it...
                    LOL, me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      You'll dial it in!
                      I like the Seat!!!
                      I'm mostly just frustrated about having to re-clean the jets due to stupidity, it ran great for the first block before particles from the disintegrating fuel line (assuming here) ended up gunking up the carbs.

And thanks! It's the seat cover from this thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...gs1100-on-ebay
                      Super cheap cover actually, but the quality seems very good. Ill see how it holds up to a season of riding.
                      1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
                      1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
                      Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Redman meets MI_GS850G_Guy

MI_GS850G_Guy was in the area for the day, so he contacted me, and I meet with him to chat over dinner.

If you are wondering who is who; Redman (me) is the one with the all white hair (not red anymore).

Had good visit.
                        I said he should make another visit when it is warmer than the 40s .

On my way home, I Went by the beaches there in Muskegon, just to see if the lake is still there.

Last edited by Redman; 04-29-2018, 01:17 PM. Reason: grammer and spulling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Charmayne and I started out on her first, for her, long ride with a plan for a 100 mile loop to the east of town using both of the 550s. As she was ready to go before me, I told her to go ahead and get to the gas station to fill up and I would meet her there. Unfortunately, her bike decided to die about a half mile from the garage. At first she thought it was her tank but by the time I caught up at the light we determined her battery was bad. Although it read 12.3 volts at rest, we were only getting 7.5v while cranking. Instead of killing the ride however, we jumped her bike with mom's non-running car (we were going to have lunch together) and she rode back to the garage where I gave her the battery out of my 550 and I jumped on the Bandit.

Once lunch was done we headed out to Caesar Creek, north to Jamestown and back through Xenia to the house. We didn't quite make the full 100, only about 90, but she had a blast and we finally got her over the 40 mile mark she's been limited to. It seems the chiropractic work she's been undergoing throughout the winter has really paid huge dividends for her. She led pretty much the entire way except for a couple of areas where I felt just giving her directions through the headset wouldn't have been clear enough. Additionally, this was her first ride where I wasn't even close to her for some sections as we are trying to let her start riding on her own. She did superbly and though I'm still very nervous about it, I'll be okay with her riding by herself now.

She stopped to grab this picture at Caesar Creek

Charmayne and I 29 Apr 2018 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

while I had to get her eating Coldstone's at a break

Charmayne Ice Cream 29 Apr by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I rode the KLR yesterday and today. No pics just fun riding. It gets sleepy in soft sand though. Need to watch out for that. Good thing is that it's a light sleeper, not too hard to wake up.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              Charmayne and I started out on her first, for her, long ride with a plan for a 100 mile loop to the east of town using both of the 550s. ...............
                              Ah...so kept the 550 on the road in addition to the new Bandit.

Good story of you and Charmayne.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Soaking rains...

But Hit 5500 miles so far this season.

I should be able to really rack now, Last week I did 1100 miles in a week. Winter is refusing to let go. It was spitting snow this Morning on my ride in, Thank god for Heated grips,Traction control and ABS!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X