No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave I'm so glad to see you out and about!
    FYI I love this pic:
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I got out yesterday for a nice ride. I didn't want to go home... I was able to catch this nice sunset ☺20180501_201523.jpg
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        I got out yesterday for a nice ride. I didn't want to go home... I was able to catch this nice sunset ☺
        Nice, Norm.
        Last edited by Redman; 05-02-2018, 07:51 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          ...FYI I love this pic:..............
          Thanks.
          That trestle was my destination.
          I was there about 12-15 years ago (film, picture in box somewhere) when the entire park was nothing but a gravel parking lot. Could get bike in position further away from the trestle to also include the water fall (used to be a dam for power station) in background.
          Now is a definite small paved parking lot with curbs, and definite sidewalks and raised walkways and fences and rails, with nice lawn and definite picnic area. I suppose the park has been improved for public usage, but not improved for my motorcykl photos!
          Last edited by Redman; 05-02-2018, 07:53 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice shot of the FJR! You have a pillion ride with you Norm?
            I rode Skip's FJR Last weekend. Very similar to my Concours 14 but just a touch too big for me...
            You riding out this way anytime soon? We don't always have meets but my door is always open, as long as I'm not on the road
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Why yes I did have a passenger. I went to pick up my female friend for a ride. Her 10 year old son never been on a motorcycle and wanted a ride. He loved it, I kept asking him if he was okay, he wanted to go faster! I think I created a monster! It was a fun evening ��

Your right Jedz, this motorcycle is a pig. But the 147hp kind of makes up for it��
              Last edited by storm 64; 05-02-2018, 08:16 AM.
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

Another cold Clammy day (low 40's) but slammed down a few more miles...

Did see the sun in a few spots...

Came across this Gorgeous all Marble church in Proctor Vermont

And After such a brisk and balmy ride I rewarded myself!
                Did you stop in Mayberry for gas? Looks like Wally's gas station with those old pumps.
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Nice shot of the FJR! You have a pillion ride with you Norm?
                  I rode Skip's FJR Last weekend. Very similar to my Concours 14 but just a touch too big for me...
                  You riding out this way anytime soon? We don't always have meets but my door is always open, as long as I'm not on the road
                  I always thought the Connie was bigger than the FJR, no?
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    I always thought the Connie was bigger than the FJR, no?
                    671lbs wet Concours
                    650lbs wet FJR

When I did my ZX-14 upgrades I dropped about 40lbs out of my Concours. Even at 630lbs my Concours 14 was a pig... A flying pig, but a pig all the same.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

With the battery up as high as you can get it (under the upper right side of the fairing) and 6 gallons of fuel. It makes navigating at slow speed a little wonky. After the novelty of the new motorcycle wears off, and some spring time maintenance is done to the GS, the GS will be getting the majority of everyday riding time.��

There's going to be a absolutely gorgeous 83 1100e posted for sale soon. If I knew it was going up for sale I would have bought it.... No, I'm not spilling the beans...
                      Last edited by storm 64; 05-02-2018, 11:07 AM.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        ............. ............... ................. ................. .............. ................. Her 10 year old son never been on a motorcycle and wanted a ride. He loved it, I kept asking him if he was okay, he wanted to go faster! I think I created a monster!........
                        Sounds like, Yes, You have. On next occasions maybe it might be fun to determine weither it is the speed or if it is the acceleration that he likes.

Comment

i met these folks at a parking spot in the https://www.fws.gov/refuge/iroquois/. this guy rode a really cool bandit and his olady had a pretty honda shadow. i blurred their faces cuz i didn't ask if i could use their picture but you gotta see this guy's riding gear.

bandit dude.jpg

he seemed to like my old skunk and took several pictures of it. we talked bikes and stuff for a half hour or so. they were great. the wildlife refuge itself is really kinda just a boring swamp.
                          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                            i..............but you gotta see this guy's riding gear. .......
                            The jacket looks like mo'cykl jacket, but the pants.... what are those? ....Pantaloons?

Comment

I havent seen a costume like that since I was in Afghanistan.

Comment

40 something miles with my wife this evening while the kid was at yoof.
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X