No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up Shan and did the mountain Gaps 125 and 73... After my after work ride...

Couldn't have asked for a better day!
    Sunny, Warm (84') and blue sky... Had to drink water... Nice to have good riding weather again!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Picked up Shan and did the mountain Gaps 125 and 73... After my after work ride...
      Jedz, Let me see if I understand properly.... to get to work and back, you rode nearly 4 hours and nearly 200 miles, or was that just the ride home?. And..... then? then took Shan for a ride.

So, your ride home, is about like a big long planned, rare occasion, adventure for me.

Okay, now I am starting to understand how you get the mileage you do.

Last edited by Redman; 05-03-2018, 11:13 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
        40 something miles with my wife this evening while the kid was at yoof.
        I see in Britain they have "yoof" and in NYC you can find "yutes" but what the heck is a "yoof" in Virginia?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I'm guessing he meant Youth. Probably church related.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Jedz, Let me see if I understand properly.... to get to work and back, you rode nearly 4 hours and nearly 200 miles, or was that just the ride home?. And..... then? then took Shan for a ride.

So, your ride home, is about like a big long planned, rare occasion, adventure for me.

Okay, now I am starting to understand how you get the mileage you do.

Ha
            Dave if I just hit the road in my truck my commute is 18 miles. So 36 every day, 200ish weekly...
            Now on the Bike I just ride. So I usually straight shoot it to work than I just get lost after work on my way home... Everyday.
            So yesterday i rode 20 miles in, I went for about 120 mile ride after work, went home picked up my Mrs and rode 40 more miles together..
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

sounds 'bout right.

Comment

This is what makes me feel alive... Hell of a great day to blast after a pretty rough day at work...

Time flys when your having fun!

The loop...

It's nice to be back on a bike that's worth a damn...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Damn you, you're making me want one. Also what are the orange and green lights illuminated for?

Comment

Orange light is the wheelie/traction control "off" light.
                    Green light is the cruise control.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Yoof. Yeah, it's just a name I made up recently, for "youth group". Yoof.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          i met these folks at a parking spot in the https://www.fws.gov/refuge/iroquois/. this guy rode a really cool bandit and his olady had a pretty honda shadow. i blurred their faces cuz i didn't ask if i could use their picture but you gotta see this guy's riding gear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54814[/ATTACH]

he seemed to like my old skunk and took several pictures of it. we talked bikes and stuff for a half hour or so. they were great. the wildlife refuge itself is really kinda just a boring swamp.
                          aarrrrggggh!
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

216 miles today out to Iron Pony via I-70 and back home via I-70/US-42. I originally wanted to ride south to Athens OH then west through Chillicothe but the storm coming North from Kentucky interrupted those plans.

Ride to Iron Pony by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I took a ride up to Buffalo New York today. I stopped at the Anchor Bar for Wings. It's a pretty cool place with motorcycles hanging from the ceiling. It started to get late and a little cool, so I got a hotel room for the night. I plane on taking the scenic route to home tomorrow.
                              Attached Files
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Rode over 250 miles yesterday through Placerville and on to Georgetown where I met some friends. Then east to the end of Wentworth road where we stopped to rest and visit. 150 miles of that was wonderful twisties and sweepers and elevation changes. Great day. The crew:

DAC37A24-C302-4E7D-8676-0207D7DA7616 by Gary L, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Working...
                                X