Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motojoe2492 View Post
    Looks like an amazing ride!

And I live by that quote in your sig, too. Cool is everywhere if you broaden your perspective.
    Vermont roads are all like that for the most part, great riding everywhere!
    When Dave laid that quote down I had to grab!

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
    Watched your gearing change video after this one. Get yourself a HF cycle lift, your back and knees will thank you later in life. DAMHIK
    I need one bad for my shop but my shop is a total non functional disaster... I need to install some french doors first. Getting a bike in and out of my shop is a total PITA.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

2K miles... Just going over some stuff that I've done to the bike and general impressions. Good day for a ride on VT 100 last night!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Gorgeous run in this AM High 30's but the bike ran like a monster!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That box looks hideous on there, lose it please.

Comment

Not your bike, not your problem. Haha.
            It's my daily ride, I need the 53L top case for my laptop and grocery getting.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Function is the Fashion. 👍
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

sub'dddd

Comment

Last night.
                  http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Gorgeous run in this AM High 30's but the bike ran like a monster!
                    That actually looks functional and not much of an eye-sore...the box, that is. I use to use a backpack for groceries and small things but after seeing how much room is in there (2 twelve packs of beer fit nicely), I'd rather have that than a backpack.

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    That box looks hideous on there, lose it please.
                    Meh, I'm not one for accoutrements but Jedz storage unit doesn't detract from the bike.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Not your bike, not your problem. Haha.
                    It's my daily ride, I need the 53L top case for my laptop and grocery getting.
                    Right on! I like it Jedz...and the utility of the box is amazing!

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    Function is the Fashion. 
                    In this case, true!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Last night.
                      You're bike is gorgeous, Glen!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Last night.
                        Phenomenal shot DB!
                        I love it!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Last night.
                          ............r
                          Some photographic skill there. And, ah, um, that aint no regular parking spot.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Have other things going on of higher priority here these days, but do want to also get out for some short rides.

Here was a ride into town. Had a general route in mind for 3 bike shops. Two were near the beach, (nope unless looking for chrome exhaust or apehanger bars) so gave me a chance to swing bye the beach (sounds familiar, eh)

Stopped on the Strand for pics, in a place where I though would not cause a traffic problem, but was in the traffic lane. Was some traffic but not much (I time photo to exclude traffic). First a beach patrol went by slowily, looked at me, but didnt say anything. Then along came a city cop, same thing, didnt say anything. I quess he figured I wasnt causing a problem, just a tourist that would be gone in a minute or two.

Buzzed on the freeway, found the third place, a big huge 6 brand dealer. Got some gloves, mine somehow evaded my packing.
                            Was out for about 2 hours.
                            Last edited by Redman; 05-12-2018, 07:05 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

On another day, I went out and climbed a mountain. See, there ahead.

Climb up about 9 miles of curves and swtichbacks, at least 1500ft elvation, maybe near 2000ft. The other road (down) is about 14 miles. Or you could go back down the steeper one, but not me.
                              Pictures do not do it justice. Best road scenes of steep swtichbacks and s-curves there just was no place to pull over for pictures. Would need remote operated mounted camera.

Can see some of the road thru the windscreen and then over to the right along edge of frame.

On a Thursday morning, all the way up and all the way down, never had a vehicle ahead of me, never had a vehicle behind me on the road.

Was out for about 3 1/2 hours.
                              Last edited by Redman; 05-12-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Made a run over to the Air Force base and back (50 miles) on the Bandit to have the crotch zipper on my riding pants repaired than grabbed the GS550T and put in 75 miles grabbing some pictures for the riding game.

Road sign with two names by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Yellow flowers by Scott Baker, on Flickr

This was the first real day of riding both bikes on the same day and I will say there are some definite differences between them. Obviously the hydraulic clutch on the Bandit makes the shifting much smoother but there are other items I noted. I sit more upright on the GS and it seems my knees are more into my chest than I do on the Bandit. I also don't have as much room between the shift lever and the footpeg on the GS as I seem to have on the Bandit. It also seems the acceleration is much smoother on the Bandit but that is probably more due to the fact I need to clean the air filter and do a carb sync on the GS.

But I like the feel of the GS as I throw it into curves. I haven't ridden this same road on the Bandit yet but I just feel more comfortable doing that much. I'll need to remove the bags from the Bandit and go run that route this week to see how it feels on the same road. But no matter what, I love both bikes and will not get rid of either one.

It was kind of interesting today too that I think I killed a small sparrow when it hit my right glove while running through the back roads. It was more of a glancing blow so I didn't get hurt but I just barely saw it before I felt it hit me.
                                Last edited by cowboyup3371; 05-12-2018, 05:45 PM.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X