No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to fly back home to Michigan, and get the GK back together, so can have some GS pictures posted.
    Seems to be a lot of non-GS bikes posted here, even those weird things with cylinders sticking out both sides.

SHort ride today after getting it back together.
    Stopped at this park, but decide not to go to the other side of the park thru this road.
    Last edited by Redman; 05-19-2018, 09:28 PM. Reason: spellung

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Such a cool looking Kat that Rob put together.
      Dave, have you got all the bugs out from the bike being laid up for a while?
      Nope... rear brake caught fire on the way in that morning. Had never seen a rotor glowing that bright of red since I used to watch F1 races in the Senna/Prost era.

All good now... sort of one of the bonuses of working at a bike shop is being able to put your own bike on your life and fix it while surrounded by parts and tools! Will be replacing the scorched rotor at some point but everything else is back to a serviceable state.
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Quick short early morning ride, for Stabil and top off the tank.
        Swung bye the beach again (same as first ride).
        Looks like some fun waves. Trying to get myself back in the water, been a year and a half since I got wet.
        The last few times out, I got pummeled.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Enjoyed a Sunday afternoon ride with my darling, then some Sunday afternoon chores with my darling. No pictures.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Man we have got some photographers in this group! Awesome shots all. Maybe some day I'll have the time AND the weather at the same time and I can post a few of my own. What's everybody using for cameras? I have a fairly fancy Nikon DSLR, and an Android phone that takes really crappy pictures that wouldn't do justice to whatever scene I might be trying to capture.

Scott

Comment

Mine is an IPhone 6s. The camera in it is far better then the Samsung S5 that preceded it. I could get some decent pics with the Android, but conditions had to be good and night shots were generally awful. I want to get a DSLR one of these days. I find the cellphone camera limiting..... but extremely convenient.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Made my first real long distance ride on the Bandit today heading out to Danville IL for a week long business trip. The first 25 miles of it was especially nice as Charmayne rode with me to Camden OH. When I turned left to continue onto Indiana, she rode back home by herself albeit followed by her mom in the car. I finished up with 286 miles (215 to Danville and the rest playing around town) on a surprisingly nice day.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
                  ..........What's everybody using for cameras?.....
                  a refurbished iPhone 5S ($150)
                  or sometimes about the cheapest small digital camera I could find at Target, a Sumsung ($59).

THe "real camera" that I have is one of those things that need to put film in. Havent used it, nor the multiple lenses, in over 15 years.
                  Last edited by Redman; 05-20-2018, 10:21 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    ......... for a week long business trip. ..............
                    Then commuting for the week? That can be a different adventure in it's own.

Comment

After a full weekend of being up in the woods in the pouring rain swapping out green lines and manifolds (Work for the GMC) it was nice to blast into work this AM.

But even with the soaking rains it was a gorgeous weekend to work up in the woods!

Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        After a full weekend of being up in the woods in the pouring rain swapping out green lines and manifolds (Work for the GMC) it was nice to blast into work this AM.

But even with the soaking rains it was a gorgeous weekend to work up in the woods!

Very nice....remove the trunk and windshield, retake the photo and submit it to Triumph's marketing people for a future sales ad. Trunk and screen are practical for the real world, but potential buyers like the naked look Brit look.

Comment

pit stop at the watering hole on my ride out today.........
                          WP_20180521_11_37_43_Pro.jpg
                          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                            Very nice....remove the trunk and windshield, retake the photo and submit it to Triumph's marketing people for a future sales ad. Trunk and screen are practical for the real world, but potential buyers like the naked look Brit look.
                            This bike sells itself...
                            I can't wait to get the afternoon off and go blast!!!

Better Lurch?:
                            Last edited by Jedz123; 05-22-2018, 08:24 AM.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                              pit stop at the watering hole on my ride out today.........
                              Gorgeous bike!!!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Wow Jedz - just saw you picked up the triumph. Cool!

Weekend cruise with my buddy on his GS550. I got flagged down to pull over because he thought a bolt had come off my bike. Turned out I ran over a battery:

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                                1977 GS550
                                1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Working...
                                X