Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love riding under a full moon.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Coming up to 17K miles on my new bike...

Nice 160 mile ride yesterday... I pulled over and took a nap and awoke to rain,haha oh well all apart of the fun I guess!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I rode to a meeting last night. Ribbed a buddy of mine who just got a Harley, but he was driving his car last night.
        "I understand," I said to him. "You don't want to be seen on a Harley. I wouldn't either." Ha.

The sun set on my way home, and then there was lovely heat lightning, so I had to keep riding just to watch.
        I rode to a local airfield (scoping planes for the picture of the week contest) and recorded half a minute of heat lightning.

It's on flickr not youtube, so it doesn't open up in this window.
        And the screenpic is black, so just click on the link and then click to play. No sound.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          This would be the first real break down in the +16K miles I've racked on this bike in the past 4 months, better even than the Kawasaki Concours and any of my GS bikes (The only bike that didn't give me grief was the Yamaha FZ1 after that many miles, hell even my Bandit broke a chain 15K miles into ownership)...

Even the big block GS needed some reinforcement on the clutch baskets and primaries as well so a little weld job on the internals didn't scare me in the slightest... A quick mend and she trucked me back home for another 500 miles with no grief, commuted into work today and I'm no way concerned, it's running like a top.

The HDs didn't get close to those miles and I had them for 12 months...
          And you are ok with that?

I have put over 40,000 miles on my BMW....not a single issue. Heck my DR650 has 16,000 miles on it and no issues....and that get ridden of road all the time. Sounds like you have a lot of bad luck.
          No signature

Comment

Really Trevor? Bikes break no matter how new/old/pretty/ugly/manufacturer/model they are. At least he is riding his and enjoying the time more so than that Harley he willingly got rid of
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Went for a morning ride. Then home to wash off the 250 miles of rainy road grime from last week.
              Then went for a noon ride, and afternoon ride, and then this evening a sunset ride. All short rides, about half hour to an hour. But good to be able to do that.

THis evening ride included going down by the beach about sunset time. State park and other parking lots all full of cars, and cars stopped up in roads up on the curbs for sunset.
              I found gate half open at a construction site, snuck in there. One of the construction tool/office trailer's was the electrical contractor I had worked for, so I thought I had half a chance of not getting into too much trouble if was security guard there.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I got a ride in today. 273 miles which was 212 miles of slab and 61 miles of mildly sweeping curves posted at 40 mph mostly. This is why I don't ride much anymore. It just plain sucks to live in this flatland called the heartland of america.

Fortunately, only two weeks left until I get to some good riding roads in the Ozarks. I'll do my best to try to keep up with all you better riders.

See you in Farmington.
                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  Really Trevor? Bikes break no matter how new/old/pretty/ugly/manufacturer/model they are. At least he is riding his and enjoying the time more so than that Harley he willingly got rid of
                  I ride mine too....that's not the point. I just expect more from a new bike...that's all. No offence to Jedz
                  No signature

Comment

I ride hard multiple big mile days when things break and I fix them, that's just how it goes. Compared to the Harley's I had last season this thing is oodles more reliable and WAY more fun. It has never left me stranded.

Every bike I have owned has broken at some-point... They all do.

Bikes break because of me... Not because of how they are built... LOL Except the HDs. They just broke or broke me.

I can't blame the bike for the shifter when I have on more than one occasion up-shifted mid turn due to over extending the bike... Nothing but love for this Bonneville it's holding up to me quite well.

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    He's a big, corn fed, redneck MF'er from Vermont... he could break a football
                    Story of my life HAHAHAHA, I think the only brand (of any) machine I've owned that hasn't broken completely on me is Yamaha, Husqvarna and John Deere...

So, F*ckin' right Jethro! HA!
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 08-31-2018, 07:50 AM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                      I got a ride in today. 273 miles which was 212 miles of slab and 61 miles of mildly sweeping curves posted at 40 mph mostly. This is why I don't ride much anymore. It just plain sucks to live in this flatland called the heartland of america.
                      That's how I felt all the time living in ChicagoLand. Had to ride for HOURS just to get near something mildly interesting. Nothing good for a short ride or a day trip. Gotta make a weekend out of it but you still spend more time on the slab than in the twisties. Three or four day trips were the only way to have any real fun.

Fortunately, only two weeks left until I get to some good riding roads in the Ozarks. I'll do my best to try to keep up with all you better riders.
                      Ahhh...the sand-bagging begins early. I like to get a bunch of excuses for my poor riding lined up well ahead of time. This year I'm using: The suspensions not dialed in, I'm tired, my foot hurts, my gear all shrank and now it's too tight, it's too cold, it's too hot, etc. I have more just in case

In your case none of that is needed. We should make you a ride leader this year.

See you in Farmington.
                      Can't wait!!! See you then
                      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
                        That's how I felt all the time living in ChicagoLand. Had to ride for HOURS just to get near something mildly interesting. Nothing good for a short ride or a day trip. Gotta make a weekend out of it but you still spend more time on the slab than in the twisties. Three or four day trips were the only way to have any real fun.

This is why I now trailer my bike whenever going to ride the twisties. Just no fun getting there plus I'm destroying the profile of the tire.

In your case none of that is needed. We should make you a ride leader this year.

Can't wait!!! See you then
                        I don't think so. Not unless you have a group that wants to ride like a bunch of little old ladies.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Great pictures Joe. Is that last one of an aqueduct or some sort of a rail line?
                          Yes it's a rail line. Steam train tourist railway. https://puffingbilly.com.au/
                          gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
                          gs850g 1980
                          Previously owned
                          gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
                          gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Drove up to Buena Vista on Friday, hoping to head up Cottonwood Pass (which was closed, unfortunately). Got lunch in BV, then dodged afternoon showers all the way back to Denver (and relished that I wasn't heading OUT of town, like every other person on the holiday weekend!).

Comment

Geez, StratJeff, I'd invite you over to the Campfire to participate in the weekly picture contest, but I don't want to lose to you every week!
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

20180901_154426.jpg
                                We made it to mosport and had a great day watching vintage racing. many old gs bikes represented and hauling ass on the track. there was a concours show as well very cool

Comment

Working...
                                X