No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I went for a ride today. I woke up early (5:30) on the road by 7:00. Heading to Canada, to the Canadian Air Force Museum in Dunnville Ontario. Well I got there at 12:30 and it was closed! So, I decided to head on up to Toronto. Oh my gosh the traffic. I tried to get a hotel room, everything was booked no vacancies. So, I decided to work my way around Lake Ontario looking for a hotel room. Nothing, nothing, finally got a room in Hamilton a nice hotel on the shore of Lake Ontario. It's a little pricey but with my American discount it wasn't to bad. (.70 on the US dollar)... Tomorrow I'm getting my butt back in the USofA, maybe stop in a Winery or two. On my way through New York, the grapes smelled heavenly even from the highway you could smell them! Storm-64 out in America and Canada too. ☺
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Yeah, I went for a ride today...............
      Other than GSR rallys, I havent been out on multi-day trips, but want to. Your trip planning seems about like what I would likely do.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Norm, apologies on not being able to meet up this weekend.
        Heck i didn't even know Dunnville had a museum.
        Hopefully you will have time on Sunday for a visit to the big one in Hamilton.
        Learn about all the different Canadian military aircraft from then to now. Enthusiasts will enjoy our unique selection of warplane and vintage aircraft.

Went out for a ride? The total you did today was close to my monthly miles. haha.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

We started out on a ride late this afternoon that was supposed to last until tomorrow night and the first 120 miles was going pretty good for us. However, Charmayne's bike died at a stop sign in Kentucky and though we were able to jump start it, we couldn't keep it running. The guy whose driveway we had pulled in to troubleshoot it was nice enough to let us leave it there until we can get back down tomorrow morning with the truck and trailer. Not sure what's going on as everything has been running fine for her but we'll get it back and start looking at the charging system. She jumped on the back of the Bandit with me and we high-tailed it for home.

Took this of Charmayne at the Anderson Ferry before crossing into Kentucky

Charmayne at Anderson Ferry by Scott Baker, on Flickr
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Norm, apologies on not being able to meet up this weekend.
            Heck i didn't even know Dunnville had a museum.
            Hopefully you will have time on Sunday for a visit to the big one in Hamilton.
            Learn about all the different Canadian military aircraft from then to now. Enthusiasts will enjoy our unique selection of warplane and vintage aircraft.

Went out for a ride? The total you did today was close to my monthly miles. haha.
            Well heck, I went to the wrong airport. I thought it looked pretty deserted plus with all the windmills... Turns out I'm about 8 miles from the actual War Bird Heritage Museum. Thanks Steve for setting me right. 👍
            My Motorcycles:
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)

Comment

http://GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I just got home from my weekend jaunt to Canada. What a day I had, after a good breakfast I headed to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (the right one this time) Wow what a impressive collection of vintage airplanes! I asked this older gentleman a question about the Lancaster, next thing you know he was my personal tour guide. He flew jets back in the 60's very nice fellow. I took the long way to the Peace Bridge. I rode up this gravel road to check out one of them giant windmills up close. Them things are huge spinning at 6 rpm's. Traffic was light and no cops in sight, I had a nice ride home...☺

Here is one of the aircraft in the museum. I'm not sure what the C-F stands for but I know what the GSR stands for. 🌞
                Attached Files
                My Motorcycles:
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)

Comment

I just got home from my weekend jaunt to Canada. What a day I had, after a good breakfast I headed to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (the right one this time) Wow what a impressive collection of vintage airplanes! I asked this older gentleman a question about the Lancaster, next thing you know he was my personal tour guide. He flew jets back in the 60's very nice fellow. I took the long way to the Peace Bridge. I rode up this gravel road to check out one of them giant windmills up close. Them things are huge spinning at 6 rpm's. Traffic was light and no cops in sight, I had a nice ride home...☺

Here is one of the aircraft in the museum. I'm not sure what the C-F stands for but I know what the GSR stands for. 🌞
                  I'm impressed Norm. You never post pics...just reply to this thread. Thank you for your narrative and pic.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Here is one of the aircraft in the museum. I'm not sure what the C-F stands for but I know what the GSR stands for. 
                    CF is a nationality designation. Any aircraft manufactured previous to 1974 will be marked with that prefix........
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      CF is a nationality designation. Any aircraft manufactured previous to 1974 will be marked with that prefix........
                      Thanks Cap for the info��
                      Yeah, the speed limits are crazy up there 90 on the highway and only 40 through towns! I was passing everyone! And the gas is cheap, only 1.25 .... and the funny money, I was passing it out and people were taking it! Haha��
                      Seriously, I really did have a nice time visiting Canada.
                      Last edited by storm 64; 09-16-2018, 08:52 PM.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Just got back from a multiday event (Rich Mountain Rendezvous) which supports the CASA (Court Apointed Special Counsel) which is an organization that supports foster kids and abused kids. Took the Strom and spent most of the time riding trails But did one 300 mile day of pavement with my dad who was up on his Harley.

Comment

Comment

Fantastic pics, Downs.
                            You are a brave man taking that fully loaded V-Strom deep into the woods.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Here is one of the aircraft in the museum. I'm not sure what the C-F stands for but I know what the GSR stands for. ��
                              Norm, glad you made it over to the Warplane Heritage Museum.
                              I know the vast majority of the tour leaders/restoration/fund raising people are volunteers.

Those windmills are everywhere on top of the Escarpment.
                              The other day i stopped and counted 32 of them within my eyesight.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The GS300 Custom project is up and running!!! 50 miles or so yesterday. Ran great. The VM34 carbs give the bike a personality... I feel like I'm operating an old piece of machinery when I ride it. Allot of FUN! Not the fastest bike but it's much faster than the 300 that was in it!

I also took the Bonneville out this weekend and got about 500 miles on that bike as well...
                                Just an awesome weekend to ride!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X