anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mothra View Post
    I went for a short ride after work. Since my thumb (formally broken) was feeling better.

I took short trips to and from work on my little 450 for the past three weeks. Resting here and there trying to work my thumb in...

Denver > Lookout Mt.

I got a horrid shot on the way...

YEA!!! I also went up to my parents house. 60 minutes each direction on my new SV650 last weekend. It was a blast. I have ridden that a few weekends now. Still makes my hands sore so I have not used it too much. (its got new tires, and fresh fork seals to break in too)

Whoot getting some riding in this summer after all
    Nice pics, but I think you mean your thumb was "formerly" broken (unless it was broken in some kind of black-tie ceremony...)

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
      Currently, 55% humidity, but it gets higher, and may yet today since yesterdays storm and expecting more this afternoon, yeah, sweat rolls with little effort. But I wouldn't trade it for the cold, I hate winter, never did like it, wouldn't mind moving out back west, but don't miss Colorado as much as I used to thanks to the fires. Wouldn't mind Neveda, Arizona or maybe evven New Mexico, But I'll prbably live and die in Ohio.
      Yeah I know what you mean... I prefer high 20's to low 30's with low humidity... if only we had our own little weather machine right? Then it could just rain at night and leave days for excellent riding... haha
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        .. I prefer high 20's to low 30's with low humidity...
        That's in those funny Australian degrees. What he means is, 68° to 86° F. I'd forgotten that Oz metricated.
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Early ride along then Niagara Parkway before all the tourists hit the road.
          Peace Bridge between Fort Erie and Buffalo.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Just shy of 100 (95) miles today and just under 2 gallons of gasoline (1.8) = 52.77 mpg!!!
            She REALLY likes that open/screened air box lid at 70 (mostly) mph! Thanks Rustybronco!

Some of the pic's of where I stopped to take them for your viewing pleasure...

This part of the road is straight, the camera was smoking something?
            (See the "riding game" thread for details. )

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
              That's in those funny Australian degrees. What he means is, 68° to 86° F. I'd forgotten that Oz metricated.
              Hahaha yes indeed! I always wonder what you guys are talking about when you say it's 100 degrees outside! And when you think 40 is cold...

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Early ride along then Niagara Parkway before all the tourists hit the road.
              Peace Bridge between Fort Erie and Buffalo.

Mmm they're some tasty pipes Steve!

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              Just shy of 100 (95) miles today and just under 2 gallons of gasoline (1.8) = 52.77 mpg!!!
              She REALLY likes that open/screened air box lid at 70 (mostly) mph! Thanks Rustybronco!

Eric
              Wow you have some wide open spaces there Eric! Looks like you're havin' a ball

sigpic

Comment

Took a 200 mile ride today crossing into Vermont, but both of these covered bridges were in NH. First one in Alstead on Rt 123A and then another in Warner off Rt 103.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

hey.......fishing hole

Comment

Levy atop the Ohio River located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

Comment

Took a 200 mile ride today crossing into Vermont, but both of these covered bridges were in NH. First one in Alstead on Rt 123A and then another in Warner off Rt 103.

So what's the deal with the covered bridges? I could never work that one out...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        So what's the deal with the covered bridges? I could never work that one out...
                        This might give some explanation:

But other than a tourist attraction, they don't have a lot of practical use. Seems like a lot of $ goes into reclaiming them as you can see the new work done in one of my pictures. Oh, they're useful for photo ops and carving your sweetheart's name in too. And some of them have withstood local flooding better than the new steel and cement bridges.

Note: Wet wood is slippery when riding too, so be careful in the early morning and after heavy rains.
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I was surprised how heavy a package I can carry on here....

Went to the Post Office today to send a package to Eric, and saw this older lady walking out at the Post Office and had to stalk her to see why she was wearing a half helmet.....

That's a Metropolitan

Comment

This might give some explanation:

But other than a tourist attraction, they don't have a lot of practical use. Seems like a lot of $ goes into reclaiming them as you can see the new work done in one of my pictures. Oh, they're useful for photo ops and carving your sweetheart's name in too. And some of them have withstood local flooding better than the new steel and cement bridges.

Note: Wet wood is slippery when riding too, so be careful in the early morning and after heavy rains.
                            Thank you kindly sir! That now makes some sense

I'm glad to see your history is being preserved, that's a very important thing I feel. We don't do it enough here where I am, but go down south to Melbourne and there is soooo much preserved that it's awesome. At least we're getting better at it... sorta like why I'm enjoying this old Ducati restoration I think...

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                            Went to the Post Office today to send a package to Eric, and saw this older lady walking out at the Post Office and had to stalk her to see why she was wearing a half helmet.....

That's a Metropolitan
                            So you stalked an older lady with a helmet and she still smiled for the camera? Me thinks you made a new friend... or met a fellow stalker

sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Still a little new to the forum, but I thought I'd share some pictures of my first real ride today.

Pretty excited, because I have really had to do a lot to get this bike running.

Traveled about 60 miles or so, and used just over a gallon. Whew, much better than my car!

I live in VA and went for a ride along the Colonial Parkway between Yorktown, Jamestown, and Colonial Williamsburg.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
                                "Older lady"?

She looks like a fine date to me.

DP

Then you definitely have a few more whiskers than me.

Comment

Working...
                                X