anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Yes, Oceanside. Daughter & SIL been in Oceanside (Camp Pendalton) two years. Were in SanDiego (Navel Medical Center) for 3 years prior to that, right next to Ocean Beach.
    I've spent many a summer day trying to catch a wave there. Not that I was a sufer. I remember they were there. My step father was stationed there several times and we lived in Vista. Last time I was in that area was 1973. I need to go back and visit some old friends. Love these shots of the area........thanks!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for all the pics, Redman.
      Riding vicariously through your travels.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Wednesday ride.

Upper 40s, maybe low 50s, Looked like chance of rain (predicted later in afternoon), so decided not to venture too far from home base.
        Went back to Fallbrook to see if make it any further on De Luz.
        Got there, no signs were there were signs last week. So headed on north.
        DeLuzinal, I say.

Got about 11 miles, at intersetion of De Luz and De Luz Murrietta road I looked at the GPS. THe direction of DeLuz was blank space, and the direction of De Luz Murrietta road seemed to be the route on the map I was somewhat following. But took the DeLuz just because it looked more interesting.
        Just past the intesection I found this.

Looked like about 8 inches of water going across the road for quite a distance. SOme trucks went thru, the road surface seemed okay. I thought I would be okay to go that way, but also thought would seem quite stupid if anything happened. So, I decided against it. Went back to the intersection and took DeLuz Murrietta road. Didnt get too far and found this.

Did not have to ponder that at all. Saw a truck go thru it and he was bouncing around before got to the obvious break in the pavement.
        Pondered again going thru the overflow on De Luz Rd.
        Felt the air temp dropping and clouds darkining and wind more blustry, so turned around and head back south.

THe road was just as fun going back south.
        Into Falbrook and found a little diner for a small lunch. Then was colder and starting to sprinkle so headed back. Mission to CA76, back to home base. Must have been going opposite of the trafic light timing cus was having to stop at about every light. Was able to split at every light (or maybe that is "filtering").

GOt rained on just a little. Made it back before the rain was heavier.
        That's some serious water hazardry.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I'm glad you decided against crossing the water, Redman. Water can be very deceiving, besides slippery.
          I guess it's human nature to want to try something even though it's dangerous. In the situation you showed, the payoff isn't worth the risk. Imagine your bike laying on its side and you're slipping all over trying to pick it up. Day ruined.
          Besides, you can always come back another time. Thanks for sharing your pic's.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Haven't they heard of bridges out there?
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

My wife and I rode together for the first time this year and had a great time. We saw buffalo on the Sandia reservation and rode into the foothills East of town. With looming thunderstorms all around we didn't venture that far today.

Took a few pics to share.

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Got out yesterday...

No signature

Comment

Beautiful bike, Trevor!

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Why are you trespassing?
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                      Why are you trespassing?
                      Because I don't do hard drugs anymore. Gotta do something for a thrill.
                      Last edited by trevor; 03-14-2019, 12:40 AM.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Because I don't hard drugs anymore. Gotta do something for a thrill.
                        Besides, you're in front of the sign not behind it. LOL
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                          Besides, you're in front of the sign not behind it. LOL
                          Exactly!!
                          No signature

Comment

freakishly warm and sunny yesterday so i braved the ice hazard between the shed and the road. aimless wanderings around the county. notice the ugly now has side covers (i finally decided to go ahead and cut them where necessary to make them fit). the ugly also has the rear turn signals from a bmw s1000rr. they make it so i can rip turns much faster.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Not really a ride actually.....Finally got the GS1000 running and took it down the street and back. A whole 3/10 of a mile! Just happy that I finally got to ride my $500 birthday present!

IMG_0193.jpg
                              Ron
                              When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                              1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                              1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                              1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                                Not really a ride actually.....Finally got the GS1000 running and took it down the street and back. A whole 3/10 of a mile! Just happy that I finally got to ride my $500 birthday present!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57462[/ATTACH]
                                The gift that keeps on giving. Very nice!
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X