No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually rode today. No really, I did!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Pic is from last week, but have been riding the new to me '15 1000 Versys. Getting used to it along with my surgically repaired right hand. With sand on the roads from winter I was playing with the anti-fun buttons. Full power and full traction control is interesting. I'll give a ride report when I spend a little time in the saddle.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by limeex2; 04-08-2019, 08:13 PM.
      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Beautiful shot! I'm hearing nice things about these bikes. Our man, Glen in Chase, B.C. has one of these I think.... Is it as powerful as your 1050 Tiger?
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Beautiful shot! I'm hearing nice things about these bikes. Our man, Glen in Chase, B.C. has one of these I think.... Is it as powerful as your 1050 Tiger?
          Its been to long since my Tiger so its hard to tell. Has plenty of leg room though. Fueling is spot on and has lots of bottom end. Roads are full of sand so its tough to get a feel for power, havent even had it over 6500 rpms yet. Tiger suspensions are sweet as sugar and when I get a little time I'll start playing with settings. I've had to resort to Race-tech front ends on every bike other than the Tiger because our roads are junk and spoiled, hoping I can leave it alone. How did you get the picture that large? Keep in mind I'm computer challenged!
          Last edited by limeex2; 04-09-2019, 03:38 PM.
          Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
          Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
          Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
            How did you get the picture that large? Keep in mind I'm computer challenged!
            I have found that if I right click (on your mouse) on someone's small image, a window will appear with "copy image" (among the choices), which I click on. I created a "Quick post", right clicked once again on the post and a window of choices once again appears, and I click on "Paste". It sticks(pastes) it on my new post.

Here I did it to my own picture of Gustov, by editing my own post and copying the image and pasteing it once again.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Charlie G; 04-09-2019, 08:10 PM. Reason: Enlarging a picture and inserting an explanation
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Or you host your pictures on something like Imgur, Flickr, etc and copy the BBCode into a post here - you'll get up to 10 full size pictures in one post.

Rode down to the Chiropractor's office after work then out for 100 mile ride around my neck of the woods. It was a great evening for the first long ride of the year and with very little traffic to even think of. The ride home was a bit interesting though as even with my sunglasses on the sun was directly in my eyes and blinding me every curve I'd go into. I really couldn't find a good spot for pictures without looking into the sun however so I just spent the time riding
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hey guys! It's still icing and snowing...

Been a very cold start to the season here in Vermont....
                Hoping to get out of work at a decent click today so I can grab a good ride!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I stretched the 550s legs last night for a quick around the block ride. I'm hoping to take it out for a longer one this weekend if the weather will hold out for Saturday
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Hey guys! It's still icing and snowing...

Hoping to get out of work at a decent click today so I can grab a good ride!
                    Love the narrative, Jedz!

And I'm not gonna complain. You are out in the elements and for short rides...which is an acceptable risk. Thanks for sharing your riding life.

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Wet spring here, but oh boy today....just over 60º when I left the house before 9am.

Rode up to Norris Dam first, and then the long way home after that. Out for about 3 hours, and stopped for lunch on the way home.

Below and above the dam.
                      Norris Dam on the GS by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

History of Norris Dam

This was my first ride this year.
                      Some of you know, (especially those close to me, and some at Brown County last year), that I have been struggling with riding, to the point I considered quitting.
                      But today was very nice. After a bit I relaxed and actually enjoyed the ride. So we shall see in the weeks/months ahead, how this goes.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey guys! .............. ... ...
                        Good to hear from you Justin.
                        'Taint really spring here either (32 and snow this morning) , but that doesnt stop you.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Wet spring here, but oh boy today....just over 60º when I left the house before 9am..
                          But today was very nice. .........
                          Hey, Bob. Good the hear you got out, and it was good.
                          Yah, take it easy. Nice quiet rides out in the country.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Wet spring here, but oh boy today....just over 60º when I left the house before 9am.

Rode up to Norris Dam first, and then the long way home after that. Out for about 3 hours, and stopped for lunch on the way home.

Below and above the dam.

History of Norris Dam

This was my first ride this year.
                            Some of you know, (especially those close to me, and some at Brown County last year), that I have been struggling with riding, to the point I considered quitting.
                            But today was very nice. After a bit I relaxed and actually enjoyed the ride. So we shall see in the weeks/months ahead, how this goes.
                            Bob those pictures are stunning!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Good to hear from you Justin.
                              'Taint really spring here either (32 and snow this morning) , but that doesnt stop you.
                              Likewise Dave! I have been lurking and now that I'm riding again I just figured to share.
                              This winter has sucked still lighting fires for night warmth but It's dwindling...
                              Bikes are out, clean and I am riding... Just not too far.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Quite the revolutionary I see....LOL...
                                Love the Vermont Green Mountain flag.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X