Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      Wholly crap, that is a BIG BOX!

Is a car inside it?

Eric

I'm a cannibal...there's a head inside

Comment

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
        Hey Everyone,

Still a little new to the forum, but I thought I'd share some pictures of my first real ride today.

Pretty excited, because I have really had to do a lot to get this bike running.

Traveled about 60 miles or so, and used just over a gallon. Whew, much better than my car!

I live in VA and went for a ride along the Colonial Parkway between Yorktown, Jamestown, and Colonial Williamsburg.

Enjoy!

Nice to see you out and about Jake, have you got bigger photos though? The small ones take away from the scenery a bit I think...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Can't get the bike in the pic, I'll let the picture explain why....

Comment

It would take me an hour and a half for me to load pics. with my antique comp./

Just got back from a 3 day 700+ mile run down to Gold Beach Or. and back on my just resusitated 80 850L. Was an interesting trip.......I need to run the stator papers on the old girl. I did find out that the bike will do 350 miles with stops on the bat that is in it. It is a Chineese gell bat, and it did it's job.

Since I haven't messed around with the jets much, and it is podded with 4/1, I would say it did a very good job and the motor ran like a watch all the way up to 5000 in high gear then it became interesting trying to get beyond that point. I figured it to be around 70 mph. since the spedo cable broke 100 mi. into the ride, it was used and replaced the other used one. New one on the way.
            V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

After checking out a '80 GS1100ET that was for sale at the Calif*ckyoufornia state line,
              I took a slightly slower ride back and tried to share of of it with the GSR members.
              Here goes nothing.

As a bunch of GSR members are living in hell with tiny little hills and very few twisties worth mentioning,
              here is a full circle view of the normal scenery around this part of the country and what you are missing daily...

A dozen miles down the road...

At the base of Kingsbury Grade (A very fun road!)
              Good to see a MC Safety message on the board.

Video showing the grade/roadway...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Stopped off in Genoa, NV. (One of the first towns in Nevada)
              Plenty of bumper to bumper traffic here...

Street signs that Easterners are not allowed to have...

Dropped into the local Cemetery and took some random shots.
              Interesting stories can be derived from these pic's indeed.
              Very telling of the times back then and the wealth of the people...

147 miles today and no where near needing to hit the reserve.
              I am probably past the picture limit, so that is all you get, sorry...

Eric
              Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Pete, I didn't want to have a bunch of huge pics and hijack the thread. Of course I suppose the point of this thread is to show you my ride after all

If any one is interested in seeing some random pictures of my ride:

Should be bigger versions in that album.

Took the same ride today. Left about seven thirty this morning. Already hotter than hell.

I'll try to shoot some more on my ride tomorrow morning to a nearby island. Its a pretty cool swamp with a bunch of wood bridges and things.

Comment

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
                  Pete, I didn't want to have a bunch of huge pics and hijack the thread. Of course I suppose the point of this thread is to show you my ride after all

If any one is interested in seeing some random pictures of my ride:

Should be bigger versions in that album.

Took the same ride today. Left about seven thirty this morning. Already hotter than hell.

I'll try to shoot some more on my ride tomorrow morning to a nearby island. Its a pretty cool swamp with a bunch of wood bridges and things.
                  You haven't seen my posts in this thread obviously

Riding home from work this morning at 1am was the opposite in temperature, not to mention it had rained while I was inside so I had to sit on a damp seat...

Nice pic's of the sunrise there too Jake, thanks for sharing

sigpic

Comment

Ride for a while, and then stood in one spot for about half hour.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Impressive photos Redman, thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                        Can't get the bike in the pic, I'll let the picture explain why....

The blimp flies over my house all the time and I always love watching it fly. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed View Post
                          The blimp flies over my house all the time and I always love watching it fly. Very cool.
                          Out in the country it can fly a little lower than the city, and this time it went directly over the house, the last pic shows just how close, didn't modify the pic before posting, thats how the camera took the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
                            The pictures show it going backward toward you.....Did it?

DP

Don't understand what your saying, the first 2 pics were back of the yard, the silly thing goes sideways, up, down,but was heading south, then it changed direction as I headed to the house, took the last pic from my upper deck on the back of the house as it was heading west, flew right over, it was a lot higher in the first 2 pics, then wife came out of the house as the thing is noisy loud. I've seen the thing nearly touch down in a big field not far from here where we have a lot of hot air ballons land, when it gets close to the ground you realize just how big it is, as big as it looks in the last pic, it still was nowhere near us. The hangar where it stored in akron has it's own atmosphere, it actually rains inside???

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Ride for a while, and then stood in one spot for about half hour.

Grand Haven?

Comment

One of those goofy local landmarks.
                                Gerry the Giraffe is made out of car parts, mostly bumpers. Sat in the corner of a bar for years before it ended up on the roof of this building. All 15 feet get lit up at Christmas.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X