anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up bike from dealer.

happy face is that I made it there and am now ready to ride.
    but a more accurate picture should have posed me looking at the receipt with a big scowl on my face.
    a set of tires (PR4) and what they call annual service (all fluid change) has a total cost about equal to what a fairly decent GS might sell for.
    Last edited by Redman; 05-24-2019, 11:13 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Out to Palomar mountain.
      up the south grade
      sign say sharp curves next 7 miles
      sign should also say what elevation change that 7 miles is, I think it is something like 2500 ft.
      some of those curves seemed to go around for 360 degrees.

And then Mesa granda

and then into Jillian, then return on ca78.

have things going on with family here for next few days.
      Big adventure to start near end of the comming week.
      Last edited by Redman; 05-25-2019, 12:03 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Picked up bike from dealer.
        but a more accurate picture should have posed me looking at the receipt with a big scowl on my face.
        a set of tires (PR4) and what they call annual service (all fluid change) has a total cost about equal to what a fairly decent GS might sell for.
        How much of that cost was for labor?

I have asked about valve adjustment work for my Bandit and was told upwards of $400 - almost all of it was for labor and just for the check; an adjustment would be more
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          How much of that cost was for labor?

I have asked about valve adjustment work for my Bandit and was told upwards of $400 - almost all of it was for labor and just for the check; an adjustment would be more
          Valve check on a Bandit is considerably more involved than on the BMW... something about the valve covers hanging out into space where you can see them on the flat twin makes it far less labour intensive.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Stuck in traffic the other day. Fun odometer: 23,223.3
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              Had an awesome track day!!! For a 29 year ole bike, it was KILLER!!!! For a 65 year ole dude, I was decent!!!
              Glad you had good outing! Mine ended on the third lap-blown freeze plugs.
              You're almost as old as the guys I do trackdays with, but not quite.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                Glad you had good outing! Mine ended on the third lap-blown freeze plugs.
                You're almost as old as the guys I do trackdays with, but not quite.
                Thanks! Bummer on anything that breaks, kills the joy.
                I was thinking I need to be careful, don't do risky stuff like track days, cause I'm getting old. Girlfriend tried to talk me out of doing this track day.
                Then I read a guy's post about only downgrading to 600cc when he turned 78, and thought that was ok but maybe a mistake, he preferred liter bikes.
                Kept doing track days until turning 80.
                WTF am I worried about!!! I intend to keep at it for another 5 or more years.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  Valve check on a Bandit is considerably more involved than on the BMW... something about the valve covers hanging out into space where you can see them on the flat twin makes it far less labour intensive.
                  and, is screw & lock nut, one for both intake and one for both exhaust on one side.
                  but that is not what ncluded in “annual service”.

scot, anna service is engine oil drive train oil and brake flush. Brake flush is 5 circuits that need vacuum pump thing and computer hookup to controll the servo pump. Supplys 105. Labor for that is 700. Tires 400 labor 125. Tax 40.
                  Last edited by Redman; 05-25-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

4300 miles total since leaving exactly one month ago today! Really glad I took the time to swap out my chain and sprockets before leaving the Ozark twisties Thursday morning.IMG_20190525_115413080.jpg
                    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                      4300 miles total since leaving exactly one month ago today! Really glad I took the time to swap out my chain and sprockets before leaving the Ozark twisties Thursday morning.[ATTACH=CONFIG]58125[/ATTACH]
                      Dharma bum…you go guy!
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        Dharma bum…you go guy!
                        Don't EVEN get me started on my opinion of Western Buddhism Bill! Try this instead, same guy, similar theme.

httpss://youtu.be/QN_KPmBl6d8
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Just got in from an evening rip.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

4300 miles total since leaving exactly one month ago today! Really glad I took the time to swap out my chain and sprockets before leaving the Ozark twisties Thursday morning.
                            I rode to Michigan a while back (2010) around the North end of Lake Superior into Sault Ste Marie, from Washington
                            and my chain was toast by middle Montana.
                            I thought it was adequate before leaving, but cleary not.
                            Had a shop owner friend send out a chain n sprocket set for the ride home.
                            Gearing was way wrong on the way home, but oh well.
                            Nice rack of miles for you so far. Cheers!
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

So Triumph Vermont officially went into business. Triumph reached out and asked me to volunteer and lead the Demos. Guess who is the new Lead/Coordinator of Demos for Triumph Vermont? This guy! Just a volunteer position but damn I had fun and so did the folks that rode the demos with me. Think I got a couple folks on new bikes

Awesome day I was leading with my T120 most of the day and finished off on the Street Triple RS (Which is now on my next very short list).

We demo the 3 premium lines; Triumph, Ducati and Zero. I did my best to be nice when folks asked about the Ducati but pointed them to the Triumphs. The Triumphs were the hot ticket demos of the day. And the new Zero SR-F.

Allot of fun, allot of cool bikes came.

My Demo Heard (many folks were asking if they could Demo the T120... Nope you cant The Triple I love is on the left :

The new Zero which is an absolute (silent) monster!

Someone brought a CBX

Cool old Norton

Customer ride he rode the Speed Twin and LOVED it (my age and restored it)... I loved his bike!

Fun times in the Green Mountain State yesterday!!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Don't EVEN get me started on my opinion of Western Buddhism Bill! Try this instead, same guy, similar theme.

httpss://youtu.be/QN_KPmBl6d8
                                Kerouac met the Merry Pranksters once: Ken and several other Pranksters were eager to meet Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X