Originally posted by pete View Post
    That's awesome, and I know exactly how you feel
    That Kat is gorgeous.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

The Mule taking a break at the base of the Rockies after making it 9400 feet up and 40 miles of dirt roads this week. Shade and showers are nice to have from time to time camping.

IMG_20190531_184906844.jpg
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I went for a half hour ride this evening. I got my phone out to take a picture of my odometer at 23456.7 but the camera froze up at just the wrong time. There was a car behind me and no shoulder, otherwise I woulda pulled over. Anyway, I got to ride.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My wife and I went up Island for lunch on my bmw today..beautiful day....not much rain here in the last month.
          No signature

Comment

I just finished 997 miles in 3 days of riding the Ozarks. I was using Harrison Arkansas as my home base. Great riding in Arkansas. Trying to get ready for all the crooked roads in Southern Indiana. The countdown is on: 19 more days.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
              I just finished 997 miles in 3 days of riding the Ozarks. I was using Harrison Arkansas as my home base. Great riding in Arkansas. Trying to get ready for all the crooked roads in Southern Indiana. The countdown is on: 19 more days.
              You are the man uncle Larr, Can't wait to see you in Bedford. 👍
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Hi Pete. Looks like you guys had a nice day for a winter ride.

K
                1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                  Just spent a little over two weeks in The Ozarks myself, should have stayed another week or two. Gorgeous riding down that way, the rockies are still pretty chilly!
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I took a quick spin to my favourite music store yesterday. Racing to get there and back home before the rain hit.

IMG_0688.jpg
                    1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                    1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                      I went for a half hour ride this evening. I got my phone out to take a picture of my odometer at 23456.7 but the camera froze up at just the wrong time. There was a car behind me and no shoulder, otherwise I woulda pulled over. Anyway, I got to ride.
                      Guess you'll have to try again in 11111.1 miles for a shot like that.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

We wanted to go to the drive in and watch a movie last night and a quick search revealed one in our area, sort of. Las Vegas, NM has the only remaining drive in movie still in operation.

It was 4pm when we decided to go, movie starts at sundown and we had about 125 mile ride to get here. We fed the dogs, geared up and hit the interstate, making it with plenty of time to grab sandwiches to eat at the movie. It was a double feature with Shazam and Godzilla but the rain made us miss half of Godzilla.

Almost midnight, raining and kinda pooped, we grabbed a room.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Burque73; 06-02-2019, 11:59 PM.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          That Kat is gorgeous.
                          Cheers mate! Very happy with the result

I have a big soft spot for all the larger GSX's so good to see your 1150 is a favourite also

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                          Hi Pete. Looks like you guys had a nice day for a winter ride.

K
                          Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                          I took a quick spin to my favourite music store yesterday. Racing to get there and back home before the rain hit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58165[/ATTACH]
                          We sure did! Was great weather, great turnout, great company, and a fun morning out. Spot on for the first Saturday ride on the Kat.

Glad to see you getting the popup out and about too!
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            We wanted to go to the drive in and watch a movie last night and a quick search revealed one in our area, sort of. Las Vegas, NM has the only remaining drive in movie still in operation.

It was 4pm when we decided to go, movie starts at sundown and we had about 125 mile ride to get here. We fed the dogs, geared up and hit the interstate, making it with plenty of time to grab sandwiches to eat at the movie. It was a double feature with Shazam and Godzilla but the rain made us miss half of Godzilla.

Almost midnight, raining and kinda pooped, we grabbed a room.[ATTACH=CONFIG]58170[/ATTACH]
                            You didn't miss much. Godzilla sucked balls.

Installed a solo saddle and a rack on the Sportster, removed the passenger pegs, and spun down the road to get coffee today.

20190602_095450_Film2.jpg
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Laying low outside Starbucks ...

20190602_132619_Film2.jpg
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                Laying low outside Starbucks ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58175[/ATTACH]
                                Any danger of radiation burns? Looking REALLY HOT IN AZ.
                                You're really in love with this bike.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X