anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Awesome ride into work... At 6AM, still here for a few more hours. Tomorrow is the doozie 18 hour day :/
    However It was a great ride in!!!
    Sure makes a good start to the day. I'm envious it's a regular thing for you to start this way. Except of course when it's colder than a witches t!t outside, then....not so much.

I was able to ride to work today actually. Just an eight hour class for an EPA lead paint renovator certification. All I had to carry was a pen. Passed the test and now I'm legal again.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I took the Road Hog out last night for its first ride, and my first ride on a Harley Davidson. After doing the much needed maintenance on the motorcycle I figured I'd take it out for a ride to see what all the hype was about. First of all I can't get use to the forward floorboards. I think once I take off that heal shifter I'll be able to move my foot back more. It putts down the road fine. I decided to take it out on the highway. To my surprise it will cruise at 70mph with no trouble. However, when I twist the throttle I want to go! The Harley makes the noise like it wants to go, but it just doesn't. I guess I'm to use to the FJR. When I twist the throttle on it, I put the traffic a mile behind me in about 10 seconds! The motorcycle makes 64HP and I have the Dyno print out to prove it! Yeah, no kidding the previous owner put it on a Dyno machine! The previous owner was my stepfather. He passed away last November. I decided to take the motorcycle and try to get it running good enough to sell. I figured since it's legally in my name I'd put insurance on it and ride it a little this summer. I'll see how my riding partner likes it, she's never been on a Harley either!
      Attached Files
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Norm, seriously? a Harley? that's putting a real strain on our friendship buddy. Don't bring that trashy thing out to Bedford.

I hope you know I'm just yanking your chain. Ride anything you want as long as it has two wheels. See you in 12 days.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Haha, I'll be on the FJR at the rally. I'll be heading out west for a three week motorcycle vacation leaving Sunday after the rally. I want to see what that U.S. Route 50 is all about. 🌞
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My Ramblings at 6AM on my way to work on the TUX.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Finally finished the paint on the GS750, put the tank back on and took it out for a short spin. Man that thing is fun!IMG_0229.jpg
              Ron
              When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
              1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
              1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
              1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Yesterday...I love my Island!

No signature

Comment

Great pics Trevor. Looks like you guys had great day. You guys live in the land of great brew pubs and tap houses and you're drinking a Corona???
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I have an active imagination so I see a huge alligator in the second to last picture. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                      I have an active imagination so I see a huge alligator in the second to last picture. LOL
                      It's a Salmon!
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Got home yesterday morning from my Ride-The-RT-Home-From-SanDiego trip.

Some More about that here

Here is one pic

Zion National Park

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Red, I wished I'd known you were going through Zion. I live in Hurricane, just about 40 minutes east. I'm guessing you took the 15 North to Highway 9 East? If so, you passed my house within 1,000 ft. I noticed in your other thread that you've done your San Diego to Michigan trip about 8 times in the last 5 years.
                          If you ever go through here again, let me know. I'd like to meet you and even ride a couple hours with you as you head home. Glad you had a good trip!
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                            Red, I wished I'd known you were going through Zion. ....
                            .....!
                            Keith! .... When I saw Hurricane on the map, I was trying to remember who the GSR member was that moved from so cal to Hurricane. Had I remembered it was you , I would have made some effort to contact you. I would have liked to meet you also, one reason being to thank you for your bike-in-road-with-reflection picture which inspired me to take pictures on the road, well, on or next to road. And your (and BassCliff) pics of Palomar mountain (and others) is what gave me the idea that southern Cal would be great riding. So when daugter and SIL moved there, I knew I needed to visit and go for rides.

I stayed in Kanab two nights. Zion was great, and also enjoyed the Kolob Reservour ride outside the park.

My prior trips to SanDiego/Ocenside, over the last 5 years, were fly in and fly back. THis last trip (final) was fly in and ride back. (Daughter and SIL and baby moving back to Michigan).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just a great day for it!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Yesterday...I love my Island!
                                Dude... Awesome day to be out there!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X