Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Enjoyed a lovely ride and stopped at this overlook In St. Joeseph

Watched a few races and talked with some riders.
    AWESOME!

The view is great in both vids... I love the sounds more on the second vid
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Son-In-Law sold his loud (obnoxious) HD (ape hangers, solo seat) in Calif, before the move back, After having a baby and neighbors also had a loud HD.

He Bought the FJR here (before getting house or car actually).
      Says maybe it had to do with having the BMW RT in his garage for 5 years.
      Says he is now glad to have a bike he actaully wants to ride more than 15 minutes, more than once a month.
      Says is nice to have foot pegs under him, so can put weight on them for control and for adjusting his position.
      Says now needs ear plugs since can hear the wind noise (instead of just exhaust noise).
      As someone else here said in response to an opinion on a 29th floor apartment, to each his own. It's funny, because the Harley has me riding more and farther than any of my last three motorcycles. It is comfortable over the long haul, gets remarkably good fuel mileage, and has so much character (some of which can be heard) that I simply want to ride every day. Currently, I ride to work three to four days out of five and take at least one pleasure ride each weekend. I love the Sportster in a way that I haven't loved a bike since my GPz 550. It is pure fun, every ride.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Couple from last night. The water tower is at the former Bell Labs building in Holmdel. It was designed to look like a giant transistor, which was all the rage at the time. I've worked in the building. Its massive, airy, and impressive. After vacancy and an uncertain future, the building is now a multi tennant space with office space, a public library, shopping , etc.
        http://Suzuki GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

Luminescence provided by a ground level LED sign. Phone camera. My slacker self didn't charge my good camera battery and it died at the water tower.....
        http://Suzuki GS by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
        Last edited by dorkburger; 08-05-2019, 11:16 PM.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          My slacker self didn't charge my good camera battery and it died at the water tower.....
          Spare battery...The GX85 uses batteries faster than my other cameras, so I now carry spare.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
            Emery park, not real far from chestnut ridge park though. Both parks are on the edges of what I guess would be called affluent suburban areas.
            Thanks for that.
            A Google search shows that it is a nice place.
            In the same general area our family tries to make a yearly trip to Griffis Sculpture Park near Ellicottville. Great hiking and tree colours in the Fall.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Got a couple of 70 mile loops the past 2 days at the dinnerish hour 6pm-830.
              No shots cause I don't stop.
              Temps have been in the low 80's during the day, too toasty for my old man liking.
              Seems everyone in the way usually during the day is at home at this time, making the ride more pleasant.
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                Got a couple of 70 mile loops the past 2 days at the dinnerish hour 6pm-830.
                No shots cause I don't stop.
                Temps have been in the low 80's during the day, too toasty for my old man liking.
                Seems everyone in the way usually during the day is at home at this time, making the ride more pleasant.
                Carter you should come up here and do our gold river ride.
                No signature

Comment

Thanks for invite Trevor, I do need to get "On Island."
                  Last time there, the road NE of Renfrew to Lake Cowichan (sp?)
                  was unpaved. Been years since I've ridden on the island.
                  I can't even remember where I went or why I was there.
                  I do remember the stepped wood blocks for the kickstand on the ferry.
                  Many surf missions I do remember though.
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Only got the one pic at the starting point when I thought I was having a solo ride (couple of others arrived shortly after) but a fun morning ride out yesterday. Carb fueling issues all sorted so I could just have a bunch of fun without staring at the AFR gauge figuring it out. Happy days!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Not Far But Finally

After three months of sitting on my arse just staring at the Bandit and wishing I could do something, I actually rode 5 miles today. Steve came by the house to help provide moral and physical (if I needed it) support while I gingerly straddled the bike. After testing how well my leg could support the bike without it running, I finished gearing up and rode around the block within the complex stopping a couple of times. Everything seemed well enough that I then grabbed the garage keys and we took it over and parked it there. Now I just need to change out the front brake pads.

With all of that said though, I think I'm still going to give it a few more weeks of recuperation before I actually do get back on. I noticed and told the wife and Steve that my leg was still feeling a bit tender as I pivoted while throwing the right leg over the seat or while getting back off. So I think it will be best to wait until Labor Day (I hoped to be riding by that date anyway) weekend and then I'll get out for more than just 5 miles.

BUT I RODE AGAIN
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        Only got the one pic at the starting point when I thought I was having a solo ride (couple of others arrived shortly after) but a fun morning ride out yesterday. Carb fueling issues all sorted so I could just have a bunch of fun without staring at the AFR gauge figuring it out. Happy days!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                        Very nice pic Pete. The Kat is looking good
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          After three months of sitting on my arse just staring at the Bandit and wishing I could do something, I actually rode 5 miles today. Steve came by the house to help provide moral and physical (if I needed it) support while I gingerly straddled the bike. After testing how well my leg could support the bike without it running, I finished gearing up and rode around the block within the complex stopping a couple of times. Everything seemed well enough that I then grabbed the garage keys and we took it over and parked it there. Now I just need to change out the front brake pads.

With all of that said though, I think I'm still going to give it a few more weeks of recuperation before I actually do get back on. I noticed and told the wife and Steve that my leg was still feeling a bit tender as I pivoted while throwing the right leg over the seat or while getting back off. So I think it will be best to wait until Labor Day (I hoped to be riding by that date anyway) weekend and then I'll get out for more than just 5 miles.

BUT I RODE AGAIN
                          Good job Scott. Keeping up with the therapy then? It must be helping.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Not today but recently

Well I finally got this old girl out for a loop around my favorite ride. Creston, Castlegar, New Denver, Kaslo, Creston bc.
                            Been a while since I rode any distance so sore butt by the time I got home.
                            The bike needed a lot of service as I have neglected it for a few years. Tires, brakes, fork seals, exhaust leaks, battery, valve lash( many thanks to the shim club!)etc.
                            I walked by it one too many times this past winter as we didn't go south for a holiday and decided I was riding this summer. So, I blocked it up and stripped it to a frame with an engine in it, ordered parts. While I was waiting for parts although she never said anything I got a lotta sideways looks from the wife,,,,,,
                            pic is looking up the Slocan Lake towards New Denver.
                            Attached Files
                            1981 GS850G
                            1989 GL1500

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

BUT I RODE AGAIN
                              Fantastic Scott! The time will fly by and you'll be riding whenever you feel like it in no time!

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                              Very nice pic Pete. The Kat is looking good
                              Cheers mate! I'm most definitely enjoying the end result and am quite addicted to riding my Kat now... it's hard to resist riding it to work every day but that's what I kept the 450 for

Originally posted by XGMAN View Post
                              Well I finally got this old girl out for a loop around my favorite ride. Creston, Castlegar, New Denver, Kaslo, Creston bc.
                              Been a while since I rode any distance so sore butt by the time I got home.
                              The bike needed a lot of service as I have neglected it for a few years. Tires, brakes, fork seals, exhaust leaks, battery, valve lash( many thanks to the shim club!)etc.
                              I walked by it one too many times this past winter as we didn't go south for a holiday and decided I was riding this summer. So, I blocked it up and stripped it to a frame with an engine in it, ordered parts. While I was waiting for parts although she never said anything I got a lotta sideways looks from the wife,,,,,,
                              pic is looking up the Slocan Lake towards New Denver.
                              Nice scenery there and looks like a good result!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by XGMAN View Post
                                Good.
                                welcome to Gsr.

would be better to make an introduction post in owners.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X