No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of my weekly rides (like today) are 50 mile round-trip commutes. I installed a full exhaust last week to replace the slip-ons, and the ecu map still needs refining, but it's getting there, and I still absolutely love the Sportster.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      I still absolutely love the Sportster.
      Is there "superlow forum" out there?
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
        Is there "superslow forum" out there?
        there, fixed it for ya. 🙂 sorry I couldn’t resist Mason.
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Most of my weekly rides (like today) are 50 mile round-trip commutes. I installed a full exhaust last week to replace the slip-ons, and the ecu map still needs refining, but it's getting there, and I still absolutely love the Sportster.
          And I absolutely love this FZ1!

Hind sight is always 20/20 but after coming to the realization the best motorcycle (for me) I've ever owned was a FZ1 and getting back on one has been a coming home feeling. It really brings the joy of riding back! Find what works best for you and roll with it. Life is too short to not be 100% optimized for maximum enjoyment!
          Be on a bike that fits you like a glove and yields the most smiles per gallon! Regardless of power and speed. It's about you and your ride. Go Ride it!!!
          Best,
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No signature

Comment

Double secret NFS campsite on the Manistee riverIMG_20190831_113134027_HDR.jpg
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Quick ride yesterday morning with a mate, he was on his VTR1000 SP1 he got recently. Sounds nice!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got away from the house for a few hours today on a sightseeing tour to find a couple of places. First on the stop was Clifton Mill, one of the largest water-powered mills around though nothing was flowing today. It is a favorite during the Christmas season primarily because the entire property is shown in a spectacular light show. I couldn't take the bike back here and parking is all street side which makes me wonder how they handle the large crowds. They have a restaurant on the property but I didn't stop in to eat as the line for seating was quite long.

Clifton Mill by Scott Baker, on Flickr

A link to their site - https://cliftonmill.com/

Then I went to find Hoover Dam. Do you realize how long of a ride that is in a short amount of time? Oh wait, I'm talking about Westerville Ohio NOT Arizona. The reservoir on the other side is quite high and was very busy with all kinds of boats.

Hoover Dam by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Managed to avoid the major rain today (sky was looking very angry south of Columbus) but still had to wear the rain gear for the light rain I received for about 10 miles. All in all a very nice 260-mile day back in the saddle
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got my usual 60 mile loop in, counter clockwise this time.
                    Only had to pass 7 cars & 2 scooters.
                    It was a pleasant jaunt.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Good to see you are getting back into the fine art of riding again Scott. Any soreness?

I got a 167 mile ride in today trying to get the last few miles out of my rear tire on the Honda so I can mount a new rear tire before the trip to Arizona at the end of October. Yea, the Honda is getting ready to winter in Az. with all the snowbirds.
                      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                        Good to see you are getting back into the fine art of riding again Scott. Any soreness?
                        While riding? No. However, when I get off to walk then the ligament/muscle/tendon whatever it is along the top of the Tibia gets painful. The reading I have done is because of that section being tight and inflamed so once I do a little self-massage things settle down a bit. I am going to see a medical massage therapist tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I find it amusing to see this picture with your signature under it.
                          Originally posted by trevor View Post

No signature
                          sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            I find it amusing to see this picture with your signature under it.

Lol...I never thought of that Steve...that is funny! 🙂
                            No signature

Comment

Hahahahaha yep takes the cake right there!
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

We went on a 300 mile adventure yesterday just to get a slice of pecan pie.

Neither of us had ever been there before, but with a name like Pie Town, where else could we go?

A few photos from yesterday's trip.

First, near the Malpais lava flow

After blowing by the campground we intended to eat lunch at, we just found a shade tree.

The best pie in the Southwest lives here...

Photo bombed by a fuzzy stowaway.

And we couldn't resist stopping to check out the radio telescopes at the VLA

The 850 ran flawlessly!
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X