No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people can get out on snowmobiles in the winter, why not motorcycles? Just dress for it.
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Went for a birthday blast. Officially pushing 40 today (36).

Warm, 29' and snow. Studded tires allowed for my first ride for the 2020 season. Hope to nab a 40K mile season this year.!

Hoping y'all have a great day and week next week!
      Best,
      -Jedz
      Just saw your video...going out for birthday milk, huh?

It's a good thing you got spikes (or whatever they're called) on your tires!

Definitely, don't lean into your lean in the snow.

Good times are going to be had. Good luck reaching 40K miles!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        ...pushing 40 today...Studded tires...
        36...Oh my! You're positively ancient!

Are the studs metal? Reminds me of ice racing on Wide World of Sports.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Went for a ride on Sunday afternoon. Here are the Mountains to the East of town before and during sunset. These were taken about seven minutes and a mile or so apart.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Wonderful light, Roger.....
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Took the 450 out instead of the Kat yesterday to give my recent changes a test and to give it a bit of a leg stretch. The new riding position is great, had plenty of fun!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

at -25c only the insane are riding here but at the annual new bike show on the weekend the local Vintage owners had a display. One of my acquaintances brought out his rotary. I've only seen two in my life the other one was way back in 74-75 at a dealership.
                IMG_1530.jpg
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I would have to admit, I could never be this hard core. Hard core.jpg
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

The wife and I went on a little ride on MLK day to Columbus, NM and checked out the Pancho Villa State park. It's a small park though with a ton of history. This is the town that Pancho Villa raided back in the 1900s. DSCN1191.jpg
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Looking up Cotte's hill.
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

DSCN1198.jpg

Some history on what happened.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

I got out yesterday for a while. Real nice sunny day.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            I got out yesterday for a while. Real nice sunny day.

Nice !

(mutter, mumble, muzzlefruzzlefizzlerats)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Pushed bikes out of garage.
                              Cleanup up garage a bit.

Got Shadow in position along side of garage.
                              GOt the RT up on the dolly (not without incident)

Next is remove faring from GK so can work on it in basement workshop.

Then get GK and RT along back wall of garage so can get car in. ... maybe... not certain if can.

>>> and that ain’t sunshine outside. Is typical overcast, with ice and snow.
                              Last edited by Redman; 01-26-2020, 09:13 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

DStory about the RT-dolly incident later.

Story about all the towels on the bikes later.

>> dolly story:
                                was rolling the RT onto the dolly.
                                and things went sideways real quick. Literally sideways otherway other than what I was intending. Ended up with the RT on it side.
                                Now, I have picked this thing up before (I think 3 times in first year, 2 the next year, and once most years since). But was not able to budge it much at all this time. Oh, front wheel still up on the dolly. So try to pull dolly away, with no success. Try to turn bars to get wheel off the dolly, with no success. Am concerned for how long is on side. Try lifting on bar and turn wheel to get to move off the dolly, apparently without much thought of where how grab wheel. Things happen quick and wheel turns and get finger at knuckle jammed between brake disc and fork, e-yowww, hurts, am stuck, can’t finger out, can’t turn wheel..... tried more to turn wheel to get finger out. Was thinking was gonna have to hollar for wife to get neighbor or something or loosen axle or something. After awhile I found a way to tilt bike to get wheel off the dolly and then could turn wheel and back finger out. Was pinched between the hand and knuckle. Hurt but didn’t seem broke., dispite at one time looking like not entirely pointing in right direction. Looked at finger, looked at bike on its side yet. Decided which needed immeadate attention. Then got dolly out from under bike, and see that didn’t have it in proper configuration. Got bike up. Got dolly in proper config so didn’t roll around. Got bike onto dolly this time.

>>> story off all the towels:
                                years ago, looking at used bikes, I noticed lots of them in good condition but with a big dent in tank or big scrape somewhere. And owner saying something happened in garage, dropped something from above, or turned around and hit bike with shovel or something. So I cover bike with lots of towels to try and prevent such.
                                Last edited by Redman; 01-26-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X