No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun made a rare appearance today so I snuck out before the rainclouds noticed.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        That is not your usual style of bike, Dave....
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Surprisingly dry today.
          The regular 60 mile loop, though some slow cagers ended the fun on the final leg of twisties.
          Mostly dry pavement with damp looking pavement/gravel in places.

Also, I approached a corner on the ride where last time (3 weeks ago) when it was damp, I momentarily lost traction (left hander), so I was looking at the pavement thru this corner, noticing the tar content exceeded the aggregate, appearing like shiny tar with no rock content.
          Usually I look as far ahead as possible, while taking in the intermediate in the peripheral, just as I was doing this (looking at pavement instead of way ahead) a grey Honda mini-van crosses over into my lane and onto a long dirt driveway on the outside of the corner.

Really, I thought, the one time I looking at the pavement instead of ahead, this happens.
          Luckily he continued and didn't check up, otherwise I probably would've damaged his slider door.

I've questioned this corner many times in my head for this very reason, (driveways on the outside of corner) pay attention here, someone might be turning on this blind left.
          Today it happened, but nothing happened fortunately.
          20200126_165130 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Our 2 weeks of Winter are over in the PNW, and it has rained enough to wash the salt off the roads (although not the sand). I woke up some of the inhabitants for some exercise.
            Took Trevor's Free Bike to fill up with Ethanol free premium. As far as I can tell, this bike has NEVER had the carbs off. Still have factory paint. Then did the same with the Connie. This bike is the best GS ever made. But it feels like 2 more cylinders. And it doesn't care if you don't put Sta-Bil in it. Then I took the cover off the newest addition to the fleet and went for a short drive, dodging the wet spots. 33k miles, one year only color in the Z06. Hard for a fat old man to get out of....

sigpic
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
              That is not your usual style of bike, Dave....
              It's a Suzuki so it's exactly my style.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Our 2 weeks of Winter are over in the PNW, and it has rained enough to wash the salt off the roads (although not the sand). I woke up some of the inhabitants for some exercise.
                Took Trevor's Free Bike to fill up with Ethanol free premium. As far as I can tell, this bike has NEVER had the carbs off. Still have factory paint. Then did the same with the Connie. This bike is the best GS ever made. But it feels like 2 more cylinders. And it doesn't care if you don't put Sta-Bil in it. Then I took the cover off the newest addition to the fleet and went for a short drive, dodging the wet spots. 33k miles, one year only color in the Z06. Hard for a fat old man to get out of....

Looks like you've been polishing the freebie too much... it had way more tank decal on it when I sold it to you.

I am in agreement though, that was THE BEST running GS I have ever ridden. I have no idea how it could fuel as well as it did but it was truly amazing to ride. Can I have it back now?

PS: It's weird that the Corvette is designed to be hard for old fat guys to get in and out of since that's the only type of person who buys them!
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Managed to get out and try my new exhuast.. that was nice! Sounds good too. But too much salt my eyes and throat were burning by the end of the ride. Spring would be stellar please.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                    Looks like you've been polishing the freebie too much... it had way more tank decal on it when I sold it to you.

I am in agreement though, that was THE BEST running GS I have ever ridden. I have no idea how it could fuel as well as it did but it was truly amazing to ride. Can I have it back now?

PS: It's weird that the Corvette is designed to be hard for old fat guys to get in and out of since that's the only type of person who buys them!
                    Trevor was going to buy it a year ago but he bailed. Now I think I will paint the tank and enjoy it....

Even worse, the Corvette is lowered. Your butt is exactly 75mm off the ground. I now know why many have ripped seams on the drivers seat. That is where you grab to get out. If you can't get out, it's time to sell....
                    sigpic
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260

Comment

That giant cylindrical thing under the luggage would be great for storing a trombone or something.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Rode out to Globe yesterday to visit Besh-Ba-Gowah ruins. It's an 800 year-old Salado complex, nestled within the city.
                        BDC4010F-F30B-4148-8E60-26EBFAB3CD61.jpg
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

On the way home, I stopped for lunch in Superior at Porter's Cafe.
                          6A9E9CB7-A135-4B27-B6EA-0B0F8C8009DF.jpg
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Trevor was going to buy it a year ago but he bailed. Now I think I will paint the tank and enjoy it....

Even worse, the Corvette is lowered. Your butt is exactly 75mm off the ground. I now know why many have ripped seams on the drivers seat. That is where you grab to get out. If you can't get out, it's time to sell....
                            My Facebook memory today was receiving the GS's new tires... how timely!

12622362_10153893140174921_2902502209572009901_o.jpg
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=isleoman;2583389]

Does this helmet make my head look fat? Camera optics or size XXXXXL
                              It is a L. Bell helmets have a lot of padding....
                              sigpic
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                                That giant cylindrical thing under the luggage would be great for storing a trombone or something.
                                Yeah, it needs to go if for no other reason than saving 20 pounds.
                                sigpic
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260

Comment

Working...
                                X