anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle Trainer

Rode this today to work out stiffness after GS fell on me a few days ago,a bit of rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by elrico View Post
      Rode this today to work out stiffness after GS fell on me a few days ago,a bit of rehab. ....
      Hum, yesterday I did something of the opposite.
      Wife and I went on a 30 mile bicycle ride organised by local cycle store. (our daughter did the 100 mile as training for Ironman triatholon). For us, 30 miles is about 20 miles more than our typical long ride. So last night I went on a short mo'cycle ride as recovery from the bicycle ride. Me thtottle wrist and shifter ankle still sore.

Went down by beach before sunset.

<<may post more in "sunset photos">>

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2012, 07:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I got out for a 30 mile ride through the back roads under threatening skies, but before I did, I gave the bike a bath since I couldn't remember the last time it had one.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Rode with my daughter to our favorite hangout....not to be political, but....

Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
          Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
          '84 Honda VFR 500
          '86 GSXR 750
          http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Originally posted by caligs View Post
            Rode with my daughter to our favorite hangout....not to be political, but....

Makes you wonder, who's hot, and who's not.

Comment

Kananaskis Loop #1

Finally got some buddies together for a ride.
              We meet at STJohn's

Figures, one of our favorite roads is OffLine,,..

So we doodle around some foothills.
              Looks like STJohn is signaling us with his mirror,,.. whats that? Timmy fell down a well?!,,..

Approaching Longview where we turn West toward the Mtns.

Here we begin some, uh, "Spirited" riding,,..

Now crossing into the good territory.

We stop at Highwood Pass (7238') for lunch.

No hiking here today, Bear in the area.

The right thing to do today,,.. while our ladies slave at their jobs in the city,,..

We trade bikes around to have some fun. STJohn tries out Earl's ZX14,,.. hot bike, I mean he burns his heel on the pipe,,..
              Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Kananaskis Loop #2

Heading north up the valley, looking at Mt Lorette Ridge.

Dang Goats on the road, acting like they live here,,..

Stop at Seebe Dam for a short break.

Head down the freshly paved 1A to Cochrane for some coffee and stories.

Then home, Good Day. 350Km round trip.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

There's a reason photographers call the early a.m. and the late p.m. "the golden hours." Took these after meeting up with some vintage bike riders on Tuesday night.

Put about 100 miles on the bike on Wednesday. Took this at the courthouse in Martinsville, IN. The white van turned out to be a prisoner transport. I just missed getting the "perp walk" shot.

Just added the Bilt tailbag. Seems like a reasonable purchase for $30. I'd be ticked if I had spent anymore for it.

Lunch:

Took this shot at the vintage bike meet up. Probably should have taken shots of the whole bike for context...but like the shot anyway.

Comment

Took these the other day while riding pretty much straight west of here.

Played around with the Blur effect: Will keep that to minimum.

We are going to see a lot more of this type of tree if we don't get some rain, and a lot of it, soon. Almost no rain since the end of May.

Comment

Riding Rt 123 in NH now on my way camping. Then down to western MA and a leisurely loop back up to VT. Actually living on the bike for a few days. Eat your heart out you rat race captives! Just me, the GS and my iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                        Suddenly, I do feel captive.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Me too, Redman. Mine is self-imposed though. Can't face gearing up in 100 degrees again.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Me too....

So I left work at 1pm and rode my GS! Truthfully I only work mornings and always leave at 1 pm, but for the first time this week, it wasn't raining! Sure it was a bit hot leaving the city, but well worth it.

Did my favorite 150 mile jaunt into NY State and rode my favorite curvy roads in the area.

No I no longer feel captive. Something about my GS and tight corners just makes everything better.

Side note:
                            I also noticed that I am down to the wear bars in the front AND back tire! I could've sworn I just put a new tire on the back only 3 weeks ago. Granted that was also 7000 miles ago too....
                            I don't know whether it's the heat, or lots of mileage in a short time, or both, but I swear I got more than 7000 miles out of my last rear (same tire). Hmm. Maybe Bridgestone went to a softer compound for the S11's... Certainly have no issues with the way they grip though. Time to go tire shopping again.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Home for the night. Still more riding today. Hope you're not feeling too captive.

Comment

....and the view this morning from Bromley ski area

Comment

Working...
                                X