No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk motivated me to get out and get the ABS sorted on my 17" alloy conversion. Having the top case for the laptop was essential while doing reflashes via Bluetooth to dial it all in. All set ABS was working overtime for the roads were icing over. Love riding, can't wait till I can do it again everyday.
    Last edited by Jedz123; 02-26-2020, 06:37 AM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Having had a top case on almost every bike I've ever owned, they just look normal to me.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

After a few days of strong winds, today turned out to be calm and 32°C. I have often been to Blouberg Beach, on the other side of Table Bay across from the city of Cape Town. However, it has always been by car to transport children, beach umbrella, towels, picnic lunch, etc. As a result I did not have any photos of my bike with this landmark in the background.

So today I went for a ride on the 850 and finally got that photo!

This is the view of the city from the lower slopes of Table Mountain, looking across Table Bay to Blouberg Beach, from where the previous photo was taken.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Looks like a gorgeous day to ride!!!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Great photos of Blue Magic.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Great looking views 2BRacing
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No pics, but took the GSX1100G out for a little spin yesterday. Felt really good but the Russell daylong seat on my FZ1 has me spoiled. The "G" seat was not very good feeling, comparatively.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

havent gotten out this season yet, but it is coming.....I did do a spicy 4 wheel drift around a curve on some icy asphalt this morning though....ground is still cold, be careful out there folks....
                    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Mild winter here, been out on my Honda the last 2 weekends. I'm working on a serious valve job with my GS1100G, that could be rolling in 3 weeks.
                      December pic here, but same weather, same bike.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

100 miles on today!

Can't wait to ride every day!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

You want to know what sucks? I'm sitting in Arizona with no bike to ride. Talk about B O R I N G.

I brought my Honda ST 1100 out here last November to have a bike to enjoy during the cold winter months.

I was here riding it 3 weeks ago and had it listed on C/L. Well it finally sold last Saturday and now I'm bored silly. I still have a couple more days to stay here with my sister then I will head back home taking the scenic route through Utah and Colorado, visiting my daughter and granddaughter.

I'll be back home early next week so I can start getting the Suzuki ready for the warmer weather.
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                            You want to know what sucks? I'm sitting in Arizona with no bike to ride. Talk about B O R I N G.

I brought my Honda ST 1100 out here last November to have a bike to enjoy during the cold winter months.

I was here riding it 3 weeks ago and had it listed on C/L. Well it finally sold last Saturday and now I'm bored silly. I still have a couple more days to stay here with my sister then I will head back home taking the scenic route through Utah and Colorado, visiting my daughter and granddaughter.

I'll be back home early next week so I can start getting the Suzuki ready for the warmer weather.
                            Larry, I'm glad and sad for you, but mostly glad. Congratulations on selling that ST. I'll bet it was bitter sweet to see it go with all the miles you enjoyed on it.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sure was. Thanks Roger.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Oh don't feel to sorry for him! Here is his new sweetie...🙂 just kidding Larry, I know it's hard to sell a vehicle. So many good times. 👍
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X