No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my Harley out today, i was tidying the garage and it was in the way....so i moved it but only for an hour!

i think my BMW might be in the way tomorrow!

Waiting for parts for the GS... one day....inhsallah!
    Mike

Harley Davidson Fatboy
    BMW R1200GT
    GS550 1978 Project bike
    Yamaha Virago 535 bobber project
    Honday VFR 750 1995 restoration project

Comment

I finally got to ride, albeit on the Bandit, today when I brought it home from the garage (long way home = 20 miles). I'll have the GS running in about a week I hope.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Well, it's Tuesday so....

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well I guess I have officially started the MC season on my primary bike. Rode in and will do my per usual 100 miles again today. Very excited since it's March 4th!!!! I may see some snow but we are seeing the mild winter get shrugged off by an early spring. Mud Season is in full swing and the Trees are running HARD...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My riding season will start tomorrow when I ride to the title department to get a Ohio title and registration! Sunday will be pushing 60°! Got to be careful out there with the gravel and crappy road conditions...
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              Well, it's Tuesday so....

They use real meat in their tacos?
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                That's a good and scary question. As I went to order they said they were out of "beef" so my usual half dozen tacos was a no go. I settled for the steak and fish burrito. As fast food goes, it was, well.....fast.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                  From a cow, probably.
                  Not saying what part, mind you.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

My first long ride of the year today took a couple of hours through my playground and even trying out a couple of roads I hadn't been on for awhile. I came across this 1960 Thunderbird (per the plates) for sale and stopped the second time through to get some pictures. The for sale paper in the passenger window said it had 74,000 miles on it but no price but asked for reasonable offers. However, I don't think he'll get what he really could as the rear badges are missing, side windows are busted, and the inside didn't look very good

1960 Thunderbird by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1960 Thunderbird Rear by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I love 1960 T-Birds. My mom and dad used to have one back in the mid-60's. It was red with a white top and 2-toned red and white interior. That car was so seriously cool. I've always wanted another one but hard to find one in good condition it seems. They rust horribly along the bottom quarter panels and rockers. Body on that one looks pretty clean. A new interior wouldn't be that difficult. Lots of aftermarket parts available. Thanks for posting the pics. Brought back some fond memories of my dad who passed away 23 years ago now.
                      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        My riding season will start tomorrow when I ride to the title department to get a Ohio title and registration! Sunday will be pushing 60°! Got to be careful out there with the gravel and crappy road conditions...
                        What did you buy now Norm?
                        Current Bikes:
                        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Well consider every day I'm riding now, Nice to get an extra month this year. Still very brisk (33'F this AM) grabbed 40 miles on my way into work. I work till 8PM tonight and it will be in the upper 20'sF tonight so I will be zooming home quickly on the main roads to avoid black ice. Heated gear is pretty awesome.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

After getting everything in line at the DMV this morning, I took a nice ride to the Ohio River. I'm not quite sure how many miles I rode, I'm still having trouble finding the right menu in the computer that shows the odometer! It was a little chilly today only warming to 50°, but Sunday is supposed to be 60°! I have to keep the RPM's under 4,000 for the first 1,000 miles. Hopefully I can take care of that within a week or two. 🌞
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I used to love this time of year when I lived in Ontario... the first ride of the season with snow still on the ground. Like a rebirth!

Untitled.jpg
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=storm 64;2589502]

I have to keep the RPM's under 4,000 for the first 1,000 miles.

Norm, why would you want to do that? Take it to the redline on occasion and it will run like a raped ape forever.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X