anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noreg View Post

Road over mountain to get there. Twisty, filled with gravel and partially covered in snow. Prone for mudslides and avalanches.
    That's a grotty old road!
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Rain turned to clear skies so I snuck this junk out tonight.

Meow!
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

That beast is gorgeous.
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
          I did go for a ride today!. . . . . . .
          . . . . . .
          Just how far north are you ? ?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

60degF and looked like could rain.

Got out for a couple errands, and a short ride,

and stopped for some Pronto Pups

humm . . . seems to be a difficulty here.....

found a resolution to that

Got home about time was sprinkling.
            Last edited by Redman; 05-22-2020, 11:45 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I rode to our school drive through send off yesterday, then had good Mexican food with two of my favorite colleagues. I didn't take pics, though. Just a 65 mile roundtrip with no scenery.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Im on a ride now. Did a 36km detour to see Altevann. Didnt realize the road wasnt paved (gravel/dirt). When I arrived there were parking for sled dogs and snowmobiles but not bikes. And the road was not drivable at all. Unless you have a snowmobile.

Ill post more when I arrive home.

Just stopping for some food.
                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Noreg, is that a hatch down into some underground space there beside the trash bin?
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    Noreg, is that a hatch down into some underground space there beside the trash bin?
                    It is the lid. I Checked and there were nothing bellow it.

The roads here are crazy, gravel and mud and holes and sooo narrow.

I can hear a bunch of huskeys (I think I saw a sign for a Huskey farm, whatever that is).
                    GS1000G 1981

Comment

I was on a long (1200 miles total) ride around Arizona on my old 1150 back in 2014 and was staying in the lodge at Hannagan Meadow, which is off the absolute best road in Arizona (the 191, called the Devil's Highway). It sits at about 9000 feet and is an area into which wolves have been reintroduced. The day after I arrived, I decided to go for a hike through the forest. As I was hiking, I see two immense canine creatures running toward me. Scrambling to grab a branch, feeling like I was suddenly stuck in a Jack London novel, I was bowled over by the first one, who proceeded to attempt to lick me to death. Turns out these were oversize Malamutes, each weighing over 120 pounds, owned by the proprietor of the lodge. As scared as I'd initially been, I fell in love with those crazy beasts, and they accompanied me on the rest of the hike, coming and going as they pleased.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        I was on a long (1200 miles total) ride around Arizona on my old 1150 back in 2014 and was staying in the lodge at Hannagan Meadow, which is off the absolute best road in Arizona (the 191, called the Devil's Highway). It sits at about 9000 feet and is an area into which wolves have been reintroduced. The day after I arrived, I decided to go for a hike through the forest. As I was hiking, I see two immense canine creatures running toward me. Scrambling to grab a branch, feeling like I was suddenly stuck in a Jack London novel, I was bowled over by the first one, who proceeded to attempt to lick me to death. Turns out these were oversize Malamutes, each weighing over 120 pounds, owned by the proprietor of the lodge. As scared as I'd initially been, I fell in love with those crazy beasts, and they accompanied me on the rest of the hike, coming and going as they pleased.
                        That sounds awesome.

Im finally home. Ive been gone for something like 15 hours. So tired.
                        GS1000G 1981

Comment

You're a badass, sir!
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

I took the GS to a metal scrapyard and asked if I could hop up on the scale with it. Sure, the attendant said, just don't break the scale. He must know about the old 850's being the heaviest of the lot. LOL

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Rode down to a beach. The GS1000G is an offroad bike right? Made a mental note to always make sure I dont have to push it upphills...

Stopped in Tromsų for some food, couple taking wedding photos (maybe?) in traditional Norwegian clothing in the background. Parking was dreadfully expensive (but included concrete walls).

Taco pizza for lunch (don't ask). The worlds biggest seagull was eyeing it...

Found free parking, but no benches so I could drink coffee and look at my bike. Got annoyed with tromsų and left.

Did a detour. No idea what its called, was nice. Was riding the backroads, the traffic was picking up and it took the fun out. When I started I was all alone (started at like 6:50am).

I went to what I thought was Norways biggest lake, only to find out you need a snow mobile to really get the view. Bummer. This is after riding for miles on mud and gravel... So I turn around.

It was like this and worse, was scared to stop some places. I dropped a bottle of oil going to the lake, when I saw it I managed to lock up the wheels (managed to stay upright, barely).

I am having troubles uploading, I might have to find something else than imgur to use.
                              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Fantastic pictures Noreg
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X