anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Hey Roger, what's your highway speed on a tour like that?
    Since my speedo is on the fritz (gotta fix that) I watch the tach and surrounding vehicles to judge speed. If too many cars pass me, speed up, I pass everyone, they're too slow. LOL

I find the best fuel milleage if I stay 5000- 5500rpms.

Through the pueblos speed is real slow 25mph

Average speed was probably 50mph yesterday.

Edit:
    Sorry Bill. You didn't ask my average speed. I suppose interstate speed has been 80 ish mph.
    Last edited by Burque73; 07-13-2020, 12:06 AM.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

One of my favorite towns in NM is Ruidoso. I need to take a ride that way again.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Yes, go for it. Only 900 miles round trip but yes you could see some good scenery and enjoy some good roads.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Point and laugh at Glen time.... In a shocking development, I've been out three times this week. 75 more miles and I'll pass last year's mileage of 3...... hundred and twenty five miles..... if I put down the camera and mountain bike, I'd have even more, but I'm enjoying the diversity. ...
          No good pics, or any actually, from last night or tonight though.. up at 5ish tomorrow morning for the bicycle and camera.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I did break the TUX out, passed it's state inspection!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Well that didn’t go as planned... headed out tonight to check out a couple of photo spots. One was a small park, and fenced off- typical sign of the times. The other I goofed up my directions and just chose to continue on .. I ended up on Rt 1&9 and ended up heading North toward Newark instead of South. I should have realized, but... dark. I allegedly was a toll scoff, got on the Turnpike and flogged it southbound to make up time cruising at a steady 80-85. It was self abusing fun. I’m smiling as I type this from the garage, listening to Universal Hippies, and looking at the ole GS. I do love that old pile.

There may be trouble looming though. Downshifting the bike is becoming stiff, particularly on the 5-4 shift. I’ll post in the appropriate spot after some research if needed.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The third major cold front system of our winter season brought some more snow to the tops of the mountains around the town of Wellington where I live. Snowfall was over the weekend, but mountains had cloud cover until today. I took the opportunity to take photos of my 850 and 1000 "twins".

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  My GS hit 50,000 miles tonight. I didn't notice until it was 25 miles over. Kinda wanted to stop and grab a pic of it at 50K. Oh well.
                  Congratulations on the 50K mark. Keep in mind our speedo's are notoriously optimistic, so I doubt you actually hit a true 50K. What is the average speedo error, about 4-5 percent on our bikes? I think an indicated 52-53K will be close to an actual 50K. So you still can celebrate later! Thanks for sharing the pic's.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Just did a 3000km 6 day ride through BC

No signature

Comment

Cleaned up the grime on the Cooley tonight...took the 83 750 out for gas...
                      Beautiful night here...warm

No signature

Comment

Excellent!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Man your bike is stellar. I like the matched paint on the bottom shock spring

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Headed out tomorrow for a week long ride through BC...

Added a decal to my helmet

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
                          1977 GS550
                          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

A few days ago, my son was heading back from Traverse City (helping clean out his cousins place) and invited me to meet up with him part way. WHich I greatly appreciated.
                            Took him for the Newaygo to Muskegon route on River Rd River Rd River Rd along Muskegon river. Stopped here for a roadside pic

This morning after breakfast with friends I went for a bit of a ride. Went up to see the beach area in Muskegon.

With the high water level, all these parking spaces blocked off. Used to be some beach there.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                              Man your bike is stellar. I like the matched paint on the bottom shock spring
                              Thanks! The shocks are S&W Street Strokers....back in the day they were the go to shock for Cooley owners...in part, I'm sure because they matched so well.
                              No signature

Comment

Dave, if you guys want your beach back you can send some water this way. The Rio Grande is going to look like a dirt road soon.

Just remembered something I wanted to share. I walked into a gas station without a mask and the clerk stopped me and said sorry, you'll need a mask or have to leave. I put my helmet on and flipped the visor down. Problem solved! That's probably a more effective face covering anyway.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X