No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1500 miles on last week... Caught a spectacular sunset last night after riding 300 miles, having dinner and I just needed to ride 50 more miles... So glad I kept running...

Looking forward to another solid week of mile racking. The T120 should hit 70K miles by this time next week.
    Best,
    -Jedz
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Great pics, Jedz!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Gorgeous shots, Jedz.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Bannow Island. Landing point of the Normans in Ireland. There was a town here from Medieval times but it has gone. The church ruin is all that remains. The bike is standing on what was the main street.
          BannowIsland230820.jpg
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Got out on Saturday and today, but no pics. Saturday was an attempt at an image for Picture of the Week, but there were crowds, idiots, etc so......nothing.

Today I took off for a doctor visit (skin cancer, but the least dangerous one). I did a few errands beforrhand. A gentleman approached me in a parking lot to check out the bike. He was shocked to see one in the flesh. Turns out he is a former GS owner- 78 GS 1000 and later a GSXR. Shot the breeze for 25 minutes or so, talked about old now closed shops, riding ,etc. He still rides, but a H-D, and does a lot of touring. Seemed like a cool dude.

I'm also nursing a swollen thumb due to an infection. Squeezing into a glove hurts. Oddly enough my recently tweaked back felt much better after each ride.

Seeing my bike in the daylight revealed how dirty and dusty it is....
            Last edited by dorkburger; 08-24-2020, 09:03 PM.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
              Sorry to hear about that Roger, but we've all done it and to those who haven't done it, just know it is always looming on the horizon. Your worst injury will take weeks or months to heal. That is how long it usually takes a bruised ego to heal

When are you going to add that new bike to your signature line?

edit: one of my most embarrassing moments happened the first time I rode my bicycle with quick release pedals. I returned home from a short "test" ride only to stop in front of the garage door without releasing the locked in place shoe from the pedal. Talk about embarrassing. I was just wondering how many people witnessed that act of stupidity.
              In this instance, the ribs are definitely taking longer than the ego to heal. Getting better, but still sore.

Oh, I addded the FJR.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I wanted to contribute to this thread
                Usually when I go out for a ride I only stop for fuel...not pictures
                But tonight I stopped to take a few quick snaps of my 1983 GS850 GL
                Named 'Kaizen' which means continuous improvement --

150 miles after work and before dark -- not much time for not moving
                Currently in the Stable :
                2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

60 mile loop, same ratty Kat. Very few folks on the road, seems after 6pm is the perfect time/temp to ride.

Only 3 cars messed up my rhythm, but disposed of them when it was safe to pass.
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got out this afternoon for a while. Had to go to Lowes and pick up a few things so I picked one about 30 miles away! Rode the backroads there and back.

Stopped by this old mill which is still in operation by the original family. Built in 1913.
                    Ron
                    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

We went on a 3 day weekend with our son and his family and our daughter and her family. So that includes our 3 grandkids.
                      Stayed at a (vacation rental by owner) place together about 200 miles north of here, Mancelona/Gaylord area.
                      SOmetimes we all went for some activity together, hike in national forest or swim in a lake.
                      Sometimes Mimi and Papa stayed with the grandkids while other went off an various things.
                      We all took turns providing/preparing meals.

And one day, Friday, my son (Tiger1050) and soninlaw (FJR1300ES) and I (R1150RT) went for a day ride.

But this is what I found first thing in the morning.

Seemed like good gravel stone area, but had rained hard during the night.

They all had fun laughing at me, cuz I ran out there in my shorts, then ran back inside to get on boots, and back out to pick up the bike. (yes, there are pics of that, but.... dont need that here... har har har)

Was not hard to right the bike, well, after retracting the sidestand and getting into gear. No damage other than gravel scratches in three areas.

THen we went for ride to up north of Petoskey. Justin made a great route from Bill Murphy book "Motorcycling Acrost Michigan" and the Adventure Routing feature of his new GPS. So found some great roads other than statehighways.
                      THe major destination being M-119 right along Lake Michigan thru wooded dune land, and where 20 miles of it is called Tunnel Of Trees.

But for us the tress are not the attraction, but the road itself. Has been given the status of "Scenic Byway" and some historic status such that the road has not been brought up to modern standards, of stuff like constant radius curves, constant incline, and clear line of sight and clear shoulders. So it still follows the lay of the land, is real narrow, has about no shoulder in lots of places, so trees right up to edge of the pavement, and lots of curves that get tighter, lots of elevation changed that cant see over, and some curves that seem to somehow curve the other way unexpectedly.

Here can see how narrow the pavement is (and this is a state highway), no center line, and about no shoulder in places.

I greatly enjoyed it, and was thankfull to do it with son and soninlaw. (especially after having to cancel out of similar weekend trip with them in June when I was having a health problem.)

Rest stop on way back to where we were staying.

Were out for about 7 1/2 hours.

On last day, Sunday, we packed up, the wifes and younger kids took off, and then then.......
                      Doah.... I had left key in aux position and GPS plugged in, grunt-click-click-click.
                      Push starting it didnt work.
                      Aint no jump starting it with the battery hid away under all that tupperware.
                      I had my battery tender. Found an extension cord there at the place we were staying. But knew from past experience it was going to take about 5 hours of charging (is something like 22 AmpHour battery) before it would start.

So son and soninlaw had fun arguing who should take the old man and who should take the 9 year old.

So I was a passenger (first time since 1974) for about 40 minutes till we meet up with the wifes and other kids for the planned lunch (Shorts Brewery, Bellair).
                      THen wife and I went in van to Traverse City (about 40 minutes) to get trailer, and then later went back (an hour) to get bike, then back to Traverse City.

Home now from Traverse City, left the bike there, so it will be there available for day rides from there, since will be there 2-3-4 days a week (caring for aged-failing motherinlaw).
                      Last edited by Redman; 08-26-2020, 11:24 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I concur Dave, that is a really nice road that tunnel of trees. Leonard (LAB3) pointed that one out to me last year when I did my Wisconsin, Michigan UP, Canada and back down through Michigan again.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Picked up my new-to-me ride this evening. Thanks, Mark!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got out tonight with a couple buddies

Beautiful night

No signature

Comment

Those are three proper motorcycles. I wonder which one is yours?

It's the 1970's, and everything is okay...
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                                Picked up my new-to-me ride this evening. Thanks, Mark!

Kool Kat, Dave.
                                Little brother to the big boy.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X