• Show
Clear All

I love how you set that up
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

You win the internet today Mr. Dorkburger! Excellent.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I did a 200 mile RT to the coast today with Mike and Dave, the Norton guys (OK, Mike rode his Thruxton).

We did a big favor for a friend and took the extra scenic way back

IMG_20200831_170340068_HDR by n, on Flickr

Sheridan Peak lookout. Some of you have been there with me
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Big T, the GS looks great. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a pic of it before.

Cowboy, Eli, thanks.
          I've never been declared an internet winner . Woo hoooo.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            On last day, Sunday, we packed up, the wifes and younger kids took off, and then then.......
            Doah.... I had left key in aux position and GPS plugged in, grunt-click-click-click.
            Push starting it didnt work.
            Aint no jump starting it with the battery hid away under all that tupperware.
            I had my battery tender. Found an extension cord there at the place we were staying. But knew from past experience it was going to take about 5 hours of charging (is something like 22 AmpHour battery) before it would start.
            Yeah, my RT sucked more than any bike I have ever owned when it came to getting to the battery.

I am curious though. In order to use your battery tender you would have needed to get to the battery same as jumping it. Or do you already have leads connected to the battery?

If you have leads connected one of these little lithium jewels would do the trick for you. Many brands and capacities to choose from.

I never leave home without one.
            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Big T, the GS looks great. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a pic of it before.

Cowboy, Eli, thanks.
              I've never been declared an internet winner . Woo hoooo.
              Oh Dorkbuger, you are a internet winner in my book any day... what's funny is, when I type in D O R it automatically comes up "Dorkbuger" !🤔
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                Yeah, my RT sucked more than any bike I have ever owned when it came to getting to the battery.

I am curious though. In order to use your battery tender you would have needed to get to the battery same as jumping it. Or do you already have leads connected to the battery?

If you have leads connected one of these little lithium jewels would do the trick for you. Many brands and capacities to choose from.

I never leave home without one.
                Those things are great and they work. They will also charge your phone and other gadgets. Very compact.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Had a most pleasant day @ Ridge Motorsports Park. 7-20 minute sessions, temps were around 75 ish.

4 guys on vintage bikes-79 CBX, 76 OHC CB550F, (both highly modified), 76-8? BMW R90S (sunburst tank color), & a MZ single, body work looked a lot like an old air cooled Duc.

A super fun activity.
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Seven sessions is fantastic. Means a well run organization and few accidents.

I know Mel the CBX owner from a couple of websites. His blue brute is very well set up.
                    Only seen a pic of the CB550, with the usd front end it looks interesting.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Seven sessions is fantastic. Means a well run organization and few accidents.

I know Mel the CBX owner from a couple of websites. His blue brute is very well set up.
                      Only seen a pic of the CB550, with the usd front end it looks interesting.
                      Chatted with him a bit after the riders meeting in the morning, so much fabbing of parts from various bikes, he seemed to be enjoying himself out there!
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                        Chatted with him a bit after the riders meeting in the morning, so much fabbing of parts from various bikes, he seemed to be enjoying himself out there!
                        He was here for a while. Don't know if he ever got the G finished.
                        Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Big GS and the Big Dipper. Or should I say GS Major and Ursa Major?
                          Spectacular.

I can not hardly begin to think how to pose that and how to expose that.

Impressive.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post

I am curious though. In order to use your battery tender you would have needed to get to the battery same as jumping it. Or do you already have leads connected to the battery? ....
                            1150RT's (2002-2004) have two aux ports on the side.

And the BMW battery tender (looks exactly like a Delran except painted black and the BMW logo) has that type of connector.

I have seen them called "European connectors".
                            My sons Triumph 1050 has them and they call them "BMW connectors".
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Redman; 09-03-2020, 03:50 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Was in Traverse City again Mon-Tue-Wed (wife tending to aged-failing mother, I doing various chores there).

Now, when I say "Traverse City", dont you be thinking fancy resort on the bay, or condo on golf course.
                              Old farm house about 10 miles out of town.

Did get out for an hour and half ride on Tuesday. Lots of good roads nearby there. Some thru state forest, some around small inland lakes.

(Wednesday, rode bike most all of M-22, and then home. Will post about that later.)

These pics from a couple weeks ago in Traverse area.
                              Evening ride.
                              Along East bay, looking west. THat is the penninsulla there on other side of the bay.

THe peninsula is about 17 miles long, and about 3/4 mile wide in most places. Divides a portion of the Grand Traverse Bay into East Bay and West Bay.
                              View here from the peninsula looking west over West Bay.

Lot of grape vineyards now (in picture) along with several winery/resorts/restaurants.
                              Was mostly cheery orchards/farms when I lived in TC in the 70s.
                              Last edited by Redman; 09-03-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Had the Wing out for a ride ---

Currently in the Stable :
                                2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                                1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                                - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Working...
                                X