No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your off Scott and glad you're pretty ok. Definitely see if you can figure out why though, it will help your state of mind if you understand it.

Even just the thinest line of diesel/oil is sufficient to have you off. I had that on the 450 from a standing start turning left at an intersection. I should have seen the thin diesel line because it was right in front of me when stationary, but for whatever reason I didn't, and as soon as I tipped in to the corner and opened the throttle, the rear tyre touched it, spun up, and had me sliding. It's very easy to happen and there was no way to save it, I just should've seen that line of diesel.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Glen,
      wow, sounds like you did avoid a collision.
      Phrasing it as “idiot1 and idiot2”, had me chuckling in the midst of the serious description.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Close call, Glen.
        Being aware of our surroundings is a lifesaver.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I took the day off from work today and did about a 350 mile tour of the Utah mountains on my GS1000. The fall colors here are really starting to pop.

Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
          2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Nice pics.
            Bet that Hindle sounds good bouncing off walls of the valley.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
              I took the day off from work today and did about a 350 mile tour of the Utah mountains on my GS1000. The fall colors here are really starting to pop.

That bike is stunning. Nice backgrounds, too!
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Beautiful background from Utah!

And the bike isn't too bad either...Ha!

Yeah, I'm diggin' all that's going on with how you put that bike together.

Simply Marvelous!!!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

It is one of the prettiest GSes I've ever seen.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post

Great. You should do that more often.
                    Go for ride and post pics, that is.
                    And, yah, take day off work too!

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

40degF this morning, got out shortly after sunrize.
                      Took bike with idea of going out to breakfast (or not), going for ride (for sure), and grabbed camera camera at last moment to allow for chance to use it.

Rode for a while, notice color in sky yet. Stopped at boat ramp park on the river. Looking at the sunrize for a while I got out the camera, got involved with the camera and abandoned the the idea of needing to get to the breakfast group on time. Was good to drop that time constraint from the situation. Bye the time I resolved a situation with setup of the camera, most of the color of sky was gone. But I didnt care.

Went for a bit more of a ride.
                      But I really should get the liner back in the jacket.

Comment

I ride to work three days a week. Recently, I replaced the previous efi tuner with a Dynojet Power Vision and have been loving how well the bike runs. I rode it to lunch with colleagues this afternoon and am about to ride to see the 40th anniversary showing of The Empire Strikes Back, the best Star Wars film of them all.

38005F7F-4CD0-47E7-8473-126EAFEEFE78.jpg
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Been on the road since Friday morning. It's my wife's 50th birthday and she wanted to go to Ruidoso for the weekend. I gladly obliged.
                          Yesterday before she woke up I went out riding through town. These murals were hard to get to with heavy traffic later in the day so had to get out early.

Deer are pretty much everywhere out here.

Went to Cloudcroft for lunch yesterday. Heading to one of the lakes in the area today.
                          Can't grab the bbcode for these pics on the cellphone for some reason.
                          Last edited by Burque73; 10-05-2020, 08:10 AM. Reason: tried to remove goofy pic
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

this pic from morning ride yesterday
                            Well, a stop on the ride.

Comment

Ruidoso is one of my favorite places to visit.

Dave, that pic is perfect!
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                40degF this morning, got out shortly after sunrize.
                                Took bike with idea of going out to breakfast (or not), going for ride (for sure), and grabbed camera camera at last moment to allow for chance to use it.

Rode for a while, notice color in sky yet. Stopped at boat ramp park on the river. Looking at the sunrize for a while I got out the camera, got involved with the camera and abandoned the the idea of needing to get to the breakfast group on time. Was good to drop that time constraint from the situation. Bye the time I resolved a situation with setup of the camera, most of the color of sky was gone. But I didnt care.

Went for a bit more of a ride.
                                But I really should get the liner back in the jacket.
                                I've bee missing your bike and water pics Dave.
                                Current Bikes:
                                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                                X